As 0-0 a 1-1 as you’re ever likely to see. Scrappy and low on quality. We can play much, much better than that and I’m assuming Ayr will be the same given their start. A decent point in the end. 

The positive of a flat performance is that we didn’t lose. That’s certainly progress from last season. Not bringing in at least one extra attacking option is going to hinder us. Baffling that we’ve gone with what we have on that front. 

If you'd offered me a point I would have taken one today, decent game but without too many chances. I thought we defended well for the most part but no idea why tizzard started over fieldson, he looked very shaky in possession. Hinds and Duncan looked good, Murray was phenomenal again, and I thought Rocco was alright when he came on. 

Definitely not our best showing ever but going up against a team looking to win the league I'll take the draw. Onto next week, hopefully a couple of wins in the next few games

Totally fine with that result. Neither team were particularly great but Ayr certainly had the upper hand towards the end. Was telling for us the difference subbing off 1st team players with youth players. Never regained any composure after the subs were made. However, it’s a game we would of 100% lost last season

Dane Murray superb at the back once again (enjoy him whilst he’s here) but motm again for me was Cammy Kerr. What a signing he’s been, been tremendous most games so far 

Still some issues in the final third. Rudden is incredibly frustrating and needs to learn to hold the ball in and not try first time passes or flicks at every opportunity. Whilst I feel Roddy Macgregor’s performance in the league have been somewhat underwhelming, certainly in comparison to his league cup form. Any inside on what injury Thomas has picked up ?

When everyone’s fit and guys like Thomas and Thomson are fit and back in the team then we’ll be a match for anyone but whilst they’re out and we continue to pursue with the severe lack of attacking options, then inconsistency will be a killer 

Imperative we sign a striker before the end of the month

Well at least we hung on for a point there but that last twenty minutes in particular was a grim watch for QP fans. Lack of squad depth especially up front was on full display for all to see. Murray deservedly QP man of the match followed closely by Kerr and an honourable mention for Hinds who I thought was very decent. So far he's been confined to appearances as a substitute wing back but this time round he got a start in a more advanced role which was something I'd been looking forward to seeing and he didn't disappoint.

A good point from a bad game.

Both teams stroked the ball about in the first half without threatening. Surprised how slow and passive Ayr were. Our goal came out the blue and pleased it was Cammy who was awesome (again) today.

Ayr took their goal well after a period of pressure from us. Thereafter, they dominated and we seemed unable to string a few passes together.  We were a bit ragged in the last ten minutes with the youngsters coming on but held out.

Thought Tizz handled Oakley well and kept him pretty quiet aside from his glaring miss before half time (tbf the ball was a wee bit behind him).  Rudden continues to impress and frustrate and I am not quite sure we are seeing the best of MacGregor yet.  

Appreciate Ayr are struggling with injuries too so hard to tell how strong there title push will be. Reckon Thistle could be stronger than them.

Edited by Stuntiethumper

Thomas failed a pre-match fitness test. No injury, just fatigue I believe. The Spiders defo missed his creative spark today. More generally it was an absorbing game, if a bit low in quality. Queens had the better of the first half, Ayr the second. They’d clearly had a rocket from Scott Brown at half time! 1-1 probably a fair result overall and a decent achievement given the absence of QP first team players, including Thomas,  Ujdur, Thompson, Fox, Savoury, Mauchin and Read. 

2 hours ago, Spiders Man said:

More generally it was an absorbing game, if a bit low in quality. 

Absorbing? I thought the fella next to me might go to sleep. 

Large periods of absolutely nothing happening

Haha, fair enough! Maybe I was just too focused on watching us try to string three forward passes together. I’ll admit it wasn’t a classic, but you can’t beat the suspense of wondering if anyone was going to run in behind! And to be fair, with the age of some of those attending, a wee nap mid-game might not be the worst idea….!

Pretty happy with a point after the late Ayr pressure. Disappointed with QP's poor passing at times and with some of the first touches; we're not usually that untidy.

Hinds did well, particularly as he was whacked a few times; Kerr was, again, superb.

We are screaming out for an option up front.

I appreciate that Ayr had men missing too, but they didn't strike me as champion material, certainly not compared to the last two years.

Edited by Hampden Diehard

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You still get Pars fans who don’t rate Thomas.

Clueless c***s

He's one of the best players in the league, albeit somewhat inconsistent. Desperate for him to sign a contract extension, ideally for as long as possible.

46 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Pretty happy with a point after the late Ayr pressure. Disappointed with QP's poor passing at times and with some of the first touches; we're not usually that untidy.

Hinds did well, particularly as he was whacked a few times; Kerr was, again, superb.

I appreciate that Ayr had men missing too, but they didn't strike me as champion material, certainly not compared to the last two years.

We were barely championship material last season never mind champion material. And the season before was the Dipo show, this squad would ragdoll that one.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

8 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We were barely championship material last season never mind champion material. And the season before was the Dipo show, this squad would ragdoll that one.

I think he meant compared to Dundee and Dundee United. I would agree with him, we looked every inch a mid table side today and in our previous away match. 

11 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

I don’t think any side with five key starters missing would look like champion material tbf. Particularly when you add in another three backs ups in some of those positions being injured too and Musonda not being fit to start. 

Dundee got 63 points btw, after seven games we have pretty much matched their average per quarter. 

Edited by No_Problemo

22 hours ago, qpfc said:

Totally fine with that result. Neither team were particularly great but Ayr certainly had the upper hand towards the end. Was telling for us the difference subbing off 1st team players with youth players. Never regained any composure after the subs were made. However, it’s a game we would of 100% lost last season

Dane Murray superb at the back once again (enjoy him whilst he’s here) but motm again for me was Cammy Kerr. What a signing he’s been, been tremendous most games so far 

Still some issues in the final third. Rudden is incredibly frustrating and needs to learn to hold the ball in and not try first time passes or flicks at every opportunity. Whilst I feel Roddy Macgregor’s performance in the league have been somewhat underwhelming, certainly in comparison to his league cup form. Any inside on what injury Thomas has picked up ?

When everyone’s fit and guys like Thomas and Thomson are fit and back in the team then we’ll be a match for anyone but whilst they’re out and we continue to pursue with the severe lack of attacking options, then inconsistency will be a killer 

Imperative we sign a striker before the end of the month

Have said it before and I will say it again, Macgregor's a clever player but a wee bit light weight, too easily brushed off the ball.