St Johnstone's Next Permanent Manager - 24/25 Edition

Who will be St Johnstone's next permanent manager?  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If McGlynn didn't have the same sort of profile as Levein, I could see him being a very good fit for your typical St Johnstone side.

Nah, not for me. He's currently riding the crest of a wave after being able to build a Championship side in League One and generate huge momentum going into this season. I wouldn't think he'd repeat any success with us.

Surprised by this! But pleased it’s not one of the BBCs chosen ones! Larne have a rich owner who has provided probably the most funding ever for a northern Irish club over the last few years. Seems an unusual career move to swap it for a relegation battle. 

I’m now fully aboard the lynch brothers train!  Now my excitement is peaked I’m fully expecting Ian Murray to be announced!

Aye would be hard to understand why we'd be the club to go for, but if Webb can sell him a vision of him getting 2 years to build a team without threat of sacking + financial backing, then maybe he'd think it was a good move.

I'm still a bit wary of taking someone from of the big NI clubs too, the difference in quality within that league makes it feel like it would be hard to fail with Larne (or Linfield).

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye would be hard to understand why we'd be the club to go for, but if Webb can sell him a vision of him getting 2 years to build a team without threat of sacking + financial backing, then maybe he'd think it was a good move.

I'm still a bit wary of taking someone from of the big NI clubs too, the difference in quality within that league makes it feel like it would be hard to fail with Larne (or Linfield).

Don't think Larne are one of the bigger clubs in NI. I'd imagine that as good as the conference league would be good to be a part of, he might see Saints and the games he'd be involved in (6 OF games, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs) as being enough to give up those 6 games for. Probably would back himself to kick on from saints too. Would assume it is only downhill for him at Larne from here.

Equally, I'd be surprised if we are that far advance with any potential candidate.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Are we not holding interviews this week? I'd highly doubt that any decision has been made yet.

John Hughes seen at Tesco getting a meal deal before his interview. Strikes me as a plain ham sandwich, ready salted chips and bottle of water kind of guy.

2 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Don't think Larne are one of the bigger clubs in NI. I'd imagine that as good as the conference league would be good to be a part of, he might see Saints and the games he'd be involved in (6 OF games, Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs) as being enough to give up those 6 games for. Probably would back himself to kick on from saints too. Would assume it is only downhill for him at Larne from here.

Larne are owned by a millionaire who seemingly puts in £1m every Summer, they're IMO, one of the biggest clubs in NI now in terms of quality of squad/trophy chances.

If it is the Lynch brothers, if they do as well as the last 2 managers we had from the north of Ireland then it’ll be a good appointment. However, Stephen Kenny and Pat Fenlon, albeit from the South, came to Scotland with good reputations and failed miserably.

While I was very vocal in wanting rid of Levein, I also feel we need to give a new manager time to build a team irrespective of what division we are in next season. We can’t afford to constantly sack managers and hope the next guy along will fix things.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Larne are owned by a millionaire who seemingly puts in £1m every Summer, they're IMO, one of the biggest clubs in NI now in terms of quality of squad/trophy chances.

That's true, but i was more thinking that historically Cliftonville and Linfield. As much as the owner is putting cash in, he might be tempted to kick on a level and look for a new challenge.

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

That's true, but i was more thinking that historically Cliftonville and Linfield. As much as the owner is putting cash in, he might be tempted to kick on a level and look for a new challenge.

Aye he maybe thinks winning the title/making Europe is as good as it gets so go now before it festers.

Just now, tamthebam said:

I thought the Larne manager was approached by another Scottish club recently- was it Raith maybe? 

That was Linfield. David Healy used Raiths interest to get a better deal with Linfield.

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye he maybe thinks winning the title/making Europe is as good as it gets so go now before it festers.

The Calum Davidson paradox.

If he did come in, you'd imagine he brings his brother who is his assistant, so you'd assume at least one of the current coaching team going out.