Clyde FC vs Elgin City FC - 21/09/2024

Four goals in seven games is a pathetic return given the attacking players we have (and more significantly, what we are paying them). We’ve needed a last minute penalty to bail us out last week and another blank again today against 10 men for an entire match.

Thank goodness I didn’t waste the time and money going to watch that crap today. 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

Four goals in seven games is a pathetic return given the attacking players we have (and more significantly, what we are paying them). We’ve needed a last minute penalty to bail us out last week and another blank again today against 10 men for an entire match.

Thank goodness I didn’t waste the time and money going to watch that crap today. 

Where are these wonderful attacking players Clyde supposedly have? 

I'll give you Rennie, a decent journeyman fitba player, but every side we have played this season has a better player up top than Rennie.

I think you're kidding yourselves on lads.

13 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I'll give you Rennie, a decent journeyman fitba player, but every side we have played this season has a better player up top than Rennie.

I agree to some extent. Redfern, Connolly, Connell, Dunachie and Rennie have by and large contributed no more than a moment here or there. Not helped by the constant rotation, which is of course worsened in an endlessly spiralling loop by their inconsistent performances. Allan's form is far more reflective of his career away from Clyde.

We are a side who aren't set up to be defensively resolute, so we have a serious problem when we can't score a goal. Murdoch and Robson (even then, that's because we haven't had a left back for years) aside, the summer's additions have made us poorer. We've ended up with Ross Lyon as our best player.

I can't believe we just swapped Dunachie and Allan about, then took Rennie off as well. A bizarre way to approach a desperate attempt to score. Somehow we didn't even stick a ball in the air for Dunachie until stoppage time and that led to a couple of efforts on goal; Darren Lyon unfortunate not to score his. 

Fair play to the goalkeeper for keeping out Leslie's inevitable sucker punch.

To top it off, there is an inevitable defeat to follow next week as well. An absolute shambles.

1 hour ago, bullyweehutch said:

That was beyond shite. No plan at all. 

Playing with no striker at the end against 10 men is criminal because Dunachie is a f**king CB that's been found out upfront 

100% agree with this. To be left with him as a back up option is criminal he’s never a forward player never will be.

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Beating EK to the signing of Lee Connelly was seen as a coup. I wish we hadn’t now as he’s looked garbage and will be on a decent wedge.

Given that Jordan Allan is on loan from a full time team and was scoring goals in our dreadful side last season his return has been very poor this time out. Again I would guess we are paying a sizeable wage there.

Rennie is the only one who has performed as expected, that is to say inconsistently.

42 minutes ago, Clyde85 said:

100% agree with this. To be left with him as a back up option is criminal he’s never a forward player never will be.

You cannae blame Dunachie for this though. He is being asked to to something outwith his skill set. Would you ask Alan Trouten to play centre-half?

4 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

You cannae blame Dunachie for this though. He is being asked to to something outwith his skill set. Would you ask Alan Trouten to play centre-half?

Left wing-back😬