Raith Rovers v falkirk

Just now, Irosshed and I was wrong said:

Liked the press and energy from us. Was a tight game but felt we controlled it and Kev didn’t have a save to make.

hopefully go on a run of wins now and make a run towards the top of the table.

Falkirk are a solid side can see them being mid-table.

We were poor today. Probably the poorest we've been in 44 games to be honest.

Fairly philosophical about the loss today.

We didn't deserve to win, the number of injuries and changes was going to take its toll at some point. Not that I wanted to lose today, but part of me is relieved the run is over and we can focus just on our league position rather than every single team gunning for our record. Their keeper didn't have a save to make and for me we should have taken more risks with shots from 25 yards, its paid dividends so many times this season and last, even via defenders. Too much passing at the 18 yard line.

Some real positives to take from such a tough day are that Watson looks like a real find, Adams was fantastic as usual and its great to see Nesbitt back, in his brief cameo he made a positive difference and we've missed him.

48 minutes ago, Wardy said:

The thing is, you aren’t in League 1 anymore, swatting off part time joiners left right and centre. Congratulations on finding your level again after those 5 years. 

Just won our previous five Championship league games you absolute slavering tit.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I would say you badly lack creativity Easton apart. Noone was really creating much at all apart from him. Morrison for us is a massive loss and with him and MacIver out that's nearly 40 goals missing.We only really began to create a bit once we brought on miller and Nesbitt.  Could be an important couple of days for both clubs before the loan window starts. We badly need another striker.

We're also missing vaughan and Stanton with brown only getting on for the last 10 through injury. Our bad start has as much to do with key players being missing as it does the forward options we've had up to this point. We do need in another striker still but there's enough in the team to see us move up the table. 40 goals? I'm assuming that's what they contributed last season? Havent seen mcivor but morrisons always looked good when we've played him. 

Was always going to happen at some point and no surprise it was today at a tricky venue and given the number of injuries we have 

Everyone at the club should be very proud of the invincible run, the like of which we simply wont see again in our lifetime from ourselves or anyone outside of the arsecheeks 

Would've very much taken 15 points from 6 games before a ball was kicked this season. Onwards and upwards. 

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Rovers aren't going to be anywhere near the bottom end btw. Not necessarily based on today but I'd bet money they are one of the top 4 

Unless they get something better further forward I can’t see it 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

We're also missing vaughan and Stanton with brown only getting on for the last 10 through injury. Our bad start has as much to do with key players being missing as it does the forward options we've had up to this point. We do need in another striker still but there's enough in the team to see us move up the table. 40 goals? I'm assuming that's what they contributed last season? Havent seen mcivor but morrisons always looked good when we've played him. 

Yeah unfortunately the four starters missing for us in an attacking sense today got 66 goals between them last season. Obviously that was league one but it's still a hell of a hole to fill and why we lacked any real potency up front today until pretty late in the game unfortunately. Our budgets tight so we don't have the biggest squad.  The main thing for us is to finish as high up the league as possible to even up the budget somewhat by getting some decent prize money. League ones 160k doesn't go far unfortunately.