🔴⚪️Hamilton Accies vs Thistle🔴🟡 - 28th September 2024

Outcome  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/09/24 at 14:00

Both sides benefiting from a late goal yesterday. It was a vital win for ourselves, hopefully a confidence booster for the team.

Haven’t seen anything of Hamilton so far this season.

Rankin realy needs to get it right here the last 2 games he has gotten it completely wrong against Livingston his changes were terrible and made an already struggling team against Livingston completely implode with the subs he made. And yesterday our set up from the start was awful and he got the starting lineup wrong at least for a change he did admit he got things wrong after the game. As one of our fans correctly said we got a point yesterday despite Rankin not because of him. Guys like Williamson and Hendrie should absolutely not be starting here especially Williamson. The back 4 yesterday clearly didn't work either so hopefully he doesn't try that again and has Jackson playing as a fullback rather than at center half as he did yesterday. Although I'm not a massive Barjo fan he was milles better yesterday after he came on for Williamson and actually offered us something unlike Williamson so Barjo should definitely start here. There's also something about Steven Bradley that I really like he's impressed me in pretty much all the games he's played in I thought he added something yesterday as well for the short time he came on I would like to see him start here as well. 

For Partick before a ball was kicked I tiped them for to win the title although they have started quite poorly they do seem to have picked it up in the last few games and have picked up 7 points from their last 9. They do have a lot of decent players and I still expect them to be challenging for the title. Brian Graham always scores goals in this league. The return of Dan O'Reilly here as well who will probably end up scoring. 

It will correctly be said every week that any team in this league can be anyone but I must admit I'm not confident about this and i am expecting Partick to win hoping to be proved wrong. Accies 1-3 Partick. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Guys like Williamson and Hendrie should absolutely not be starting here 

The return of Dan O'Reilly here as well who will probably end up scoring. 

The irrefutable logic of the Scottish football fan, which states every former player will score against their team, means you absolutely should be starting Williamson and Hendrie (and Barjonas and McGinty).

48 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

The irrefutable logic of the Scottish football fan, which states every former player will score against their team, means you absolutely should be starting Williamson and Hendrie (and Barjonas and McGinty).

McGinty will definitely start as he's been pretty solid for us although he hasn't been great the past 2 games although i am already well aware that he isn't very popular with Partick Thistle fans. Like I said in my message I think Barjonas should start. I would be a bit annoyed if we started Hendrie. They will be an actual meltdown online if he was to start Williamson.

Consider me absolutely stunned that Ben Williamson is really, really unpopular with yet another fanbase.

I actually didn’t mind Stephen Hendrie when he was with us. He wasn’t particularly good, but I always got the impression he was at least doing his best, following instructions and wasn’t actively dreadful.

McGinty and Barjonas both absolutely pish for us.

Do we have any ex-Accies players? O’Reilly was there, I think. Robbie Crawford seems like someone who absolutely should have played for Accies in the Premiership but I don’t think he ever actually did.

We should be beating Accies if we have any notion of being title contenders, but our away form hasn’t been great. That said, we did draw with Ayr in the only away game we haven’t finished with 10 men, so who knows. The formation in the last two has been odd, but equally a point at the league leaders and a win (albeit in a dreadful game through a goalkeeping error) isn’t bad, so maybe Doolan will stick with it. Defensively, we’re good and I still think the constituent parts of our attack will click at some point and we’ll start scoring some goals. Hopefully it happens this weekend. 

Williamson just has that aura of "I played for Rangers" all the time. When he was loaned to us, he just looked like he felt it was all beneath him and tried to saunter through games. I'd have hoped, as it did with Barjonas in his move to Kelty that not having that Rangers comfort blanket to go back to would push him on. 

3 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I actually didn’t mind Stephen Hendrie when he was with us. He wasn’t particularly good, but I always got the impression he was at least doing his best, following instructions and wasn’t actively dreadful.

Hendrie still gives his best for us unlike Williamson and he isn't completely awful however he's definitely not good enough for the championship. I can't see either of them getting another full time club after they leave us. 

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Williamson just has that aura of "I played for Rangers" all the time. When he was loaned to us, he just looked like he felt it was all beneath him and tried to saunter through games. 

That's almost word for word the conversation we had at the game on Saturday!

6 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Consider me absolutely stunned that Ben Williamson is really, really unpopular with yet another fanbase.

McGinty and Barjonas both absolutely pish for us.

Do we have any ex-Accies players? O’Reilly was there, I think. Robbie Crawford seems like someone who absolutely should have played for Accies in the Premiership but I don’t think he ever actually did.

Pretty sure Crawford was heavily linked with us in the Premiership but ended up going to Livi, though you could've told me he'd played for us under Rice and I'd have believed it. 

Williamson looked permanently furious when he was with us, think he had quite a good game on his debut but that normally means they quickly turn to shit which he did. Barjonas only played 5 games and I can't remember a single thing he did- either good or bad -in any of them.

Thought Accies still had Connor Murray as well but I see he's moved on.

Don't really see much change for us from our current position of solid enough at the back but horrendous going forward. Would be nice if we can get through a league away game for the first time this season without having a man sent off or giving away a penalty.

On 22/09/2024 at 23:02, Moysterclass said:

Can't wait to see the replies to the lineup tweet when it, inevitably, has Williamson's name on it in the starting XI. 

I notice Rankin has a tendency to play any of our players when they play a club they used to play for, so we know what is coming here in all probability.

Thistle have picked up as expected whereas we have had 2 dreadful performances in a row, so hopefully no more tinkering to fit square pegs in round holes to give us a fighting chance.

Be good to see Dan O’Reilly as have a lot of time for him and he is always good for a football related chat when I bump into him(usually in Lidl’s).

As ever, I never make a prediction till I see the line up.Last Saturday every Accies fan knew that was a dreadful starting line-up bar the Manager.

Edited by Ye Olde Hamiltonian

22 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

£40 for an adult and a concession seems very steep.

Totally. The adult price is in line with the rest of the league but other teams allow U12 or U16 for less. It is usually around £30 mark for adult and concession.

Travel and food added in you’re talking £70 for an away trip to Hamilton. 

Yeah the prices are absolutely ridiculous, and its why myself and many other fans are currently boycotting home games.

Don't know if any away fans are aware, but this is actually the revised pricing after initialing starting the season with the pricing as:

Adults – £26
O65/U18s – £16
U16s – £8

So after all the complaints essentially the club decided to raise prices for families to attend.

So tbh we'd prefer it if away fans continued to stay away, to keep putting the message across to the board

15 minutes ago, Laid-back Accie said:

Yeah the prices are absolutely ridiculous, and its why myself and many other fans are currently boycotting home games.

Don't know if any away fans are aware, but this is actually the revised pricing after initialing starting the season with the pricing as:

Adults – £26
O65/U18s – £16
U16s – £8

So after all the complaints essentially the club decided to raise prices for families to attend.

So tbh we'd prefer it if away fans continued to stay away, to keep putting the message across to the board

Yeah I noticed that home fans weee being charged this too. Really poor. Amazed the league and other clubs have not addressed it.