Heart of Midlothian's Next Permanent Manager 24/25 Edition

Who will be Heart's next permanent manager?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough, happy to be corrected. Was mainly going off what I saw yesterday and another poster saying you'd failed to strengthen in the right areas.

We're two attackers short.

Issue in midfield has been caused by Baningime and Niewenhoff being injured at the start of the season and our dearly departed Head Coach having no plan to deal with that , but Beni is back now so that should improve.

The attack was neglected in the summer and selling Tagawa and not replacing him was mad in terms of depth, but the squad is fine for a coach to come in and work with till January. It's not some kind of impossible job. Making an attack work to win games in our league with Shankland, Vargas, Oda, Spittal, Dandha, McKay, and Forrest all available shouldn't require Pep.

Edited by VincentGuerin

36 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fair enough, happy to be corrected. Was mainly going off what I saw yesterday and another poster saying you'd failed to strengthen in the right areas.

I agree with Vincent, the squad is miles better than how we've been performing.  It's not significantly worse than last season, and better in a couple of positions. It is a bit unbalanced but whoever comes in has options. 

For instance Taylor was shite yesterday,  but he's been good in other games, he was excellent at Celtic Park last weekend.  We have a couple like him who've came in that are young and inconsistent and need a manager to get the best out of them. Naismith was not doing that. 

39 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

We're two attackers short.

Issue in midfield has been caused by Baningime and Niewenhoff being injured at the start of the season and our dearly departed Head Coach having no plan to deal with that , but Beni is back now so that should improve.

The attack was neglected in the summer and selling Tagawa and not replacing him was mad in terms of depth, but the squad is fine for a coach to come in and work with till January. It's not some kind of impossible job. Making an attack work to win games in our league with Shankland, Vargas, Oda, Spittal, Dandha, McKay, and Forrest all available shouldn't require Pep.

I said "the squad is fine" last season about my lot, Vincent, and it patently wasn't, but you should be doing much better than you are at the moment. But there are good players there even with Shankland having downed tools/gone off the boil (delete as appropriate). Alex Neil would be a good shout, but he may fancy waiting for another job in England that will pay a lot better than a non-Old-Firm gig in Scotland.  

4 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Just for a change, I haven't a clue. Alex Neil would be the most sensible Scottish option perhaps but if whatsisface from Brighton has any input they might go for a German. A not too expensive one, obviously.

What if there was a young Scottish coach who by all accounts (especially his own) was highly regarded in German football…?

GUYS!!! I suspect there’s a few too many in the current Hearts squad who wan’ to cruise

Spoiler

IMG_1468.jpeg

Edited by Junior_Arab

22 minutes ago, AndyM said:

I said "the squad is fine" last season about my lot, Vincent, and it patently wasn't, but you should be doing much better than you are at the moment. But there are good players there even with Shankland having downed tools/gone off the boil (delete as appropriate). Alex Neil would be a good shout, but he may fancy waiting for another job in England that will pay a lot better than a non-Old-Firm gig in Scotland.  

I just don't see how anyone can say the squad is significantly weaker than last season.

I don't think Shankland is on or off the boil. It's the go-to explanation as it's simple, but when you watch the team play it's obvious he's not getting service. It's not like he's missing loads of sitters in every game.

Issues have stemmed from not nailing down a shape.

I reckon we're likely to end up with someone we've never heard of. No problem with that.

Edited by VincentGuerin

26 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Or he might want to wait another couple months for the Rangers job to come up.

I'm not sure Neil is going to be in the running at all here. Or any of the names that usually come up around Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen vacancies.

It would seem naive to avoid the thought that Bloom's crew will have significant input on this decision, so I'd imagine it'll be someone they've identified as working for their system, and that's likely to be someone none of us have considered.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Is Robbie Neilson really the only semi decent managerial appointment in the last decade or have I forgotten about someone? 

Naismith did do well September - March last year to be fair.

Think you're going back to Paulo Sergio in 2011/12 for a Hearts manager other than Neilson who did a good job overall, with a Scottish Cup win and 5th place finish in his one season in charge? Since then it's been John McGlynn, Gary Locke, Robbie Neilson, Ian Cathro, Craig Levein, Daniel Stendel, Neilson again then Naismith. You can argue that's harsh on Naismith with how comfortably they got third last season of course.

9 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Think you're going back to Paulo Sergio in 2011/12 for a Hearts manager other than Neilson who did a good job overall, with a Scottish Cup win and 5th place finish in his one season in charge? Since then it's been John McGlynn, Gary Locke, Robbie Neilson, Ian Cathro, Craig Levein, Daniel Stendel, Neilson again then Naismith. You can argue that's harsh on Naismith with how comfortably they got third last season of course.

Locke did a good job in trying citcumstances. Neilson overall did well, but shouldn't have had so long in the job the second time around. Naismith cruised to third in his only full season, so it's harsh to rate him as anything other than successful.

The issue for me isn't so much the individual coaches; it's the lack of an overall direction. We don't know what we want to be.

1 hour ago, AndyM said:

His heads have gone. 

3 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

Levein to come in as "interim head coach" until the end of the season as the club "take their time" in appointing "the right fit for this club".

After exhaustive research owing to fan calls for a capable and ambitious European coach, and looking biscuit-ersed being ignored in various European capitals, Hearts' recuitment teams diligent and thorough process finally culminates in the appointment of the 82-year old Eduard Malofeev, who feels he has one more title left in him.

image.png.522f8a529310856409bd114850f84fd7.png

I always vote for John “Yogi” Hughes but given Craig is a bigger banter candidate then he has my full support this time round.

Peter Grant is also available 

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

I agree with Vincent, the squad is miles better than how we've been performing.  

Exactly the same thing was said about the Aberdeen squad last season for the first four or five months.