Pars vs QP - Sat 28th September

Losing late at Firhill was frustrating and dispiriting, increasing the pressure on McPake.

Last two home results/performances have been better though and there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to pick up three points here.

If we play like we did against Ayr and Rovers for most of our remaining games, we definitely will not be relegated IMO.

McPake needs a run of positive results and QP (H), Airdrie (A) & Morton (H) should provide a glaring opportunity to achieve that.

Can't make this game unfortunately but I'm hoping queens can get a clean sheet here, we've been largely solid at the back recently. Maybe start fieldson over tizzard to help our chances there? 

Going forward I think we have to be a bit smarter on the ball, seems a lot of the time when we get it we just instantly hoof it up which even leaving aside the ineffectiveness is just bad to watch. 

No reason we can't win this, hopefully a couple of injured players will be back and we can get all 3 points

7 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye I'm also struggling to feel any positivity again.

Sadly, you’re not alone in this mate. Due to other commitments I’ll not make the game, but I can’t say I’m really that bothered.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a win, suspect it’ll be a point a peace snoozefest.

Despite an uninspiring performance on Saturday I think Queen's could go into this game as slight favourites if our injury situation improves.  Our defence, whilst not impregnable, is improving. Scott, Kerr, and Murray are solid with Ujdur, Fieldson and Tizz vying for the last spot if we go with back four again. That is probably the strongest line up we have had since turning professional. We just need stability and more clean sheets will follow.

In terms of attack, our players need to get used to playing the new system and fewer passes will go astray.  Dom coming back will help as even when he is having an off day he draws two defenders to him and leaves more space for others to shine. I fancy Hinds coming on with 20mins to go to take on tiring legs in the defence.   Reckon we could come away with a narrow win.

21 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Really can't be arsed with this one, real apathy setting in already.

20 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Aye I'm also struggling to feel any positivity again.

Hopefully Tobi is back between the sticks and we don't have a colander in goals ever again.

13 hours ago, Dislocated Boy said:

Sadly, you’re not alone in this mate. Due to other commitments I’ll not make the game, but I can’t say I’m really that bothered.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a win, suspect it’ll be a point a peace snoozefest.

Six games in and everyone's fed up already? A good win in a derby less than a fortnight ago all ruined by a sucker punch with the last kick of the ball away to Thistle? It's not been great but is it really this bad? Give yourselves a shake 🤣

Quite looking forward to it. There's not a team in the division we're not capable of beating at home.

Hopefully Tobi is back in goals. I reckon Spoony could be out for a couple of weeks if his hammy went but we'll need to see. Could even be a signing or two before we play. I drove through Dunfermline on Sunday and the guy Mebude was with Tobi, Fogarty and Ngwenya. I reckon he'll get some sort of deal.

A really big three games coming up. QP (H), Airdrie (A) and Morton (H). No reason why we can't take 9/9, of course there's a chance we take 0/9, however I realistically think 7/9 is doable. Win your home games and get a point in Lanarkshire.

QP fans, I noticed Dom Thomas missed the game against Ayr. He likely to miss out this week too? 

Just now, The Toun Clock said:

QP fans, I noticed Dom Thomas missed the game against Ayr. He likely to miss out this week too? 

He failed a late fitness test last week so I presume there’s a decent chance he’ll be available this Saturday 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Six games in and everyone's fed up already? A good win in a derby less than a fortnight ago all ruined by a sucker punch with the last kick of the ball away to Thistle? It's not been great but is it really this bad? Give yourselves a shake 🤣

Quite looking forward to it. There's not a team in the division we're not capable of beating at home.

Hopefully Tobi is back in goals. I reckon Spoony could be out for a couple of weeks if his hammy went but we'll need to see. Could even be a signing or two before we play. I drove through Dunfermline on Sunday and the guy Mebude was with Tobi, Fogarty and Ngwenya. I reckon he'll get some sort of deal.

A really big three games coming up. QP (H), Airdrie (A) and Morton (H). No reason why we can't take 9/9, of course there's a chance we take 0/9, however I realistically think 7/9 is doable. Win your home games and get a point in Lanarkshire.

Each to their own and you are welcome to your optimistic opinion but really not fussed about this game. The pretty turgid boring shit we've been subject to for the past few years takes its toll. We need a striker but we will probably bring in a centre half on loan.

27 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'm thoroughly shaken down but one win  against 10 men wee team isn't enough to keep the spark lit. 

I'm hoping to be utterly wrong and most likely I'll find myself tuned in as normal. But I may go to a local game here to physically avoid it! 

We're such a poor team to watch. We're terrible attacking.

Any win against Raith is good but I think it wasn't as good a performance as many made out. Seemed like an improvement, but we've been here before many times with McPake where the next game wipes that away.

Can't wait until he's gone.

Not making this week and can't say I'm that bothered. Made the effort to go to Firhill on Saturday and it was absolutely brutal. Until there's a fundamental change in the club (owner, manager), I'm not expecting any huge change in our fortunes.

On paper, this should be a key run of three games we should be looking to win but we'll no doubt fumble the ball again. In an alternate universe, we'd win all three, go into the Falkirk game on a high and the season could turn very quickly in our favour. But we'll screw it up somewhere along the line though and the general apathy will continue.

Given we can't put together any kind of consistency, I have no idea how we'll do at weekend. 

This post is brought to you by the words "pessmistic" and "uninspired".

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

We're such a poor team to watch. We're terrible attacking.

Any win against Raith is good but I think it wasn't as good a performance as many made out. Seemed like an improvement, but we've been here before many times with McPake where the next game wipes that away.

Can't wait until he's gone.

You’ve only mentioned wanting McPake out 100 times so I’m glad you let everyone know again.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

You’ve only mentioned wanting McPake out 100 times so I’m glad you let everyone know again.

If you're unclear on my thoughts on the situation I can post it again. You just have to ask.

On 23/09/2024 at 13:57, Rammit Bawdeep said:

Really can't be arsed with this one, real apathy setting in already.

9 minutes ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:
2 hours ago, sr1867 said:

QP fans behind the goal this time?

For 40-50 folk?

However many it is, they'll be better fans than you are mate. 😂

2 hours ago, Rammit Bawdeep said:

For 40-50 folk?

No idea how many will be there (obviously more than 40/50 even if the number won't be massive) but away tickets are definitely being sold for behind the goal.