Hibs Vs Sexy, Swashbuckling Steelmen - 05/10/24

They gifted us one goal, we gifted them two. We're good like that.

As for SDG well:

Can't beat St Mirren
Can't beat Kilmarnock
Can't beat Dundee
Can't beat either arse cheek
Can beat Levein-led St Johnstone
Can't beat the Mothers.

It's not looking good for Alex Miller 2.0

Edit: Actually 3.0 Jack Ross was 2.0

Edited by Tommy Tappin

Congratulations Motherwell, a good 3 points for you.

My team?

Must be great playing Hibs, opposition managers know we will play some decent stuff, not score but give up very simple chances (or, in the case of the first, simply don't track a runner).

Boring, boring, boring, and it has been for years now.

I'm off out to a pizza gaff, hopefully the red wine will take the edge off my rage at Hibs.........

Just now, Leith Green said:

My team?

Must be great playing Hibs, opposition managers know we will play some decent stuff, not score but give up very simple chances (or, in the case of the first, simply don't track a runner).

I'm off out to a pizza gaff, hopefully the red wine will take the edge off my rage at Hibs.........

The only reason we rage is that we think it should be different. 

When were we last any good (top 4) for longer than 18 months?

This is who we are. 

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

My team?

I discovered red wine when eating a pizza, the perfect combination, so the day hasn’t been wasted 

1 hour ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Pavement dancing at the Omni it seems. 

A fairly low key thing - no giraffes were harmed. 

There's a scale for away wins - a game where you're comfortable, take the lead, absolutely f**k it and still get the shree is at the top end. 

I thought a really revealing thing against Utd  in the LC and again today was the way we got right back on the front foot after losing a goal that would have seen last season's team totally crumble. 

I should probably talk about Stama, Watt and Moses - but Liam Gordon - again - headered *everything* and Ox yet again did everything that Kelly simply didn't last year. 

I'm officially upgrading this start to the season from "decent" to "good"

40 minutes ago, Swello said:

I thought a really revealing thing against Utd  in the LC and again today was the way we got right back on the front foot after losing a goal that would have seen last season's team totally crumble. 

Different recollection to me, last season was marked by sluggish starts (which aren't as marked but still a thing), losing the inevitable goal then getting a fire in our belly from 75' on and coming back to get numerous draws. After Xmas we got some of those draws upgraded to wins.

This season we're not conceding anything like the same frequency of set pieces and we're scoring plenty of our own which is a massive improvement on both fronts.

There were three outlier performances Ross County being the worst, but Aberdeen at FP 2-4 and ironically the 3-0 at Easter Road in May which were the only crumbles.

Our shitey defence has benefitted from one regular addition in signing Gordon, a guy needing new pastures plus a keeper who offers more than just shot stopping, therefore breeding confidence.

The best-worst stat to have is points from a losing position and nobody got anywhere near us and demonstrates exactly how resilient we were. https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scottish-premiership/punktenachrueckstand/wettbewerb/SC1/plus/?saison_id=2023&spiele=alle

# Club deficits Wins Draws Losses Points
1 Motherwell FC Motherwell FC 25 3 10 12 19
2 Kilmarnock FC Kilmarnock FC 16 2 6 8 12
3 Rangers FC Rangers FC 11 3 2 6 11
4 Heart of Midlothian FC Heart of Midlothian FC 14 3 2 9 11
5 Celtic FC Celtic FC 7 3 1 3 10
6 Aberdeen FC Aberdeen FC 19 2 3 14 9
7 St. Mirren FC St. Mirren FC 20 1 5 14 8
8 Dundee FC Dundee FC 18 1 5 12 8
9 Hibernian FC Hibernian FC 17 0 5 12 5
10 Ross County FC Ross County FC 20 1 2 17 5
11 St. Johnstone FC St. Johnstone FC 19 0 3 16 3
12 Livingston FC Livingston FC 24 0 3 21 3
Edited by Vietnam91

Fair play to Motherwell, seemed like everyone knew their jobs and think they'll have a decent enough season. Their long throws with the spin on the ball were genuinely impressive, good tactic to use if you have it and especially against Hibs.

We're in real bother. Always felt a big game today and to lose at home like that is a boot in the stones. 2 huge games to come (United away and then the Derby) which feel like they could either be a turning point or David Gray's last in charge. Some laugh.

Edited by Cameron1875

21 minutes ago, Cameron1875 said:

We're in real bother. Always felt a big game today and to lose at home like that is a boot in the stones. 2 huge games to come (United away and then the Derby) which feel like they could either be a turning point or David Gray's last in charge. Some laugh.

You're surely not at that stage yet? What's the point in appointing a novice club legend if you're not going to give him a while - seasons rather than months, unless the players chuck it - to learn on the job?

Obviously I've only seen your highlights rather than every game till now but today at least fingers should be pointed at those on the park rather than the dugout.

5 hours ago, Leith Green said:

f**king hell, can someone please skelp that twat in the away end with the megaphone?

It's the first time I've sat that close to the Bois. At one point the guy with the megaphone shouted "Every cnut, get your fists in the air" to start a song. It was rather bizarre.

5 hours ago, ropy said:

Did anyone see Lennon’s pass? 

Someone really needs to make a gif of it. A thing of beauty.

4 hours ago, Vietnam91 said:

That has to be one of the stupidest offsides I've ever witnessed.

It's was obvious they were going to pass it to each other and try to waste time in the corner. I turned to my friend and said "as long they don't play themselves offside". Five seconds later I had my head in my hands, it really was that stupid and obvious.