Morton vs Raith Rovers 5th October

1 hour ago, TheLangToon said:

Any place nearby ground for a decent bar lunch?

James Watt in Cathcart St is probably your best bet. But there are other places in that vicinity. 

If traveling by train get off at Greenock central and it's about 2 mins from the station.

5 mins from Cappielow by car or bus.

15 mins if walking.    

Tail o’ the bank is nearby but slightly closer to the ground if you’re planning on walking. A Wetherspoons or a Hungry Horse, you truly are spoiled. Or you could be brave and venture into the Norseman to see if Max will plonk a cauldron of his famous soup on the pool table. 

I’d actually rather Broadfoot starts than Baird. I’m not sure Stuparevic or Reynolds can effectively challenge for Baird’s aimless punts, so we could do with Broadfoot’s passing into midfield. The main counter argument would be that Baird is more secure defensively, and doesn’t make as many wild errors - well that went out the window last week. 

I’d have Boyes, Stuparevic and Garrity, if all available, in for Baird, Reynolds and McGinn.

Should be a good occasion with all the anniversary stuff. Prediction is 1-0 Morton. Ref to give us some kind of bizarre favour, which we’re overdue, leading to a Stuparevic goal. Wilson MOTM.  

Yeah I’d be dropping Baird after last week as well. Brainless decision to go and foul the Ayr player. 
I’d stick Stuperavic on and try get an hour out him, he’ll be better than Reynolds regardless of his fitness levels. 

1 hour ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Brilliant question. He had shoulder surgery back at the start of August, not a clue if he's near being back in training. 

He seemed to bounce back really quick for us, granted he never had surgery 

11 hours ago, TheLangToon said:

Any place nearby ground for a decent bar lunch?

Not exactly close but I had a bar lunch at the Albany last time out, pretty decent.

Coast out at Langbank on the road from Glasgow was a place I like the look of but as yet have never quite managed yo get to, it looks good and easy enough to pop in then continue along to Port Glasgow/Greenock

42 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Not exactly close but I had a bar lunch at the Albany last time out, pretty decent.

Coast out at Langbank on the road from Glasgow was a place I like the look of but as yet have never quite managed yo get to, it looks good and easy enough to pop in then continue along to Port Glasgow/Greenock

Coast is 10/10 my go to place for food although it’s dinner never had lunch you should give it a shot when you get the chance 

6 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Coast is decent but over priced imo. If you're looking for cheaper options I'd say the Hungry Horse or James Watt is your best bet. If driving through there's also the Waterwheel in port Glasgow.

It's been years since I last bought a programme, but if this is the cover I am 100% buying it.

20241005_084623.thumb.jpg.18abc932b6196ae1d25ddb6394f1937a.jpg

Probably a forlorn hope as I reckon Imrie is set on the current approach, but I'm still in favour of bringing Gillespie in for McGinn to push Lyall forward and give the midfield a bit more structure. I don't think it follows that fewer attacking players = less attacking threat, especially when you see how little we've created in open play as it is, and bringing another holding player in could let the attacking players have more focus on creativity rather than needing to take turns dropping in beside Wilson, with Lyall ending up playing as a deep-lying playmaker and the midfield as a whole descending into a shapeless mess.

Will be good to see what difference Stuparević makes from the start and a real centre forward addresses the most glaring problem in the team, but it's not been the only one.

25 minutes ago, TheLangToon said:

"Raith of course, are another club with considerable financial muscle"

Yeah, of course we are, fueled by those Kebab pie sales.

On 03/10/2024 at 02:28, TheGoon said:

Have the fear for this a bit given the historic nature of the game and bigger crowd than nornal - which has not typically been a good recipe for us!

Same.

So many times we've pulled a bigger crowd than normal and fell flat, 0-2 Gretna & 0-3 Dumbarton at Cappielow spring to mind.

Recall also the big announcement when we named the Stand after Allan McGraw - then Arbroath promptly helped themselves to a 3-0 win.

56 minutes ago, TheLangToon said:

“Motor mouthed Raith Rovers” 🤣🤣

Fancy us today. 
Narrow 2-1 win.

My first Rovers game was in 1963 at Starks against a high flying Morton side with a certain Allam McGraw playing for them. They won 3-0 with Allan McGraw getting one. 61 years ago and still alive and kicking. Will not be there today as my wife and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and going to Edinburgh for a meal tonight. 

26 minutes ago, william somerville said:

My first Rovers game was in 1963 at Starks against a high flying Morton side with a certain Allam McGraw playing for them. They won 3-0 with Allan McGraw getting one. 61 years ago and still alive and kicking. Will not be there today as my wife and I are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary and going to Edinburgh for a meal tonight. 

All the best and congratulations on your anniversary. Given the nature of today's occasion, I expect nothing less than a 15-0 home win.

1 hour ago, william somerville said:

Morton winning shouldn’t dull your anniversary celebrations too much 😉 hope you have a nice anniversary congrats!