Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

European football has nothing to do with it, Celtic had their usual 2nd half drop off in performance and with the positive Aberdeen changes it had us rattled for a good 15/20 mins and you made us pay for it. Ultimately if we had taken our chances the game could have been out of sight but we didn’t.

I have no complaints about the result.

Which is good, and I appreciate that. But your manager did not appreciate us coming back from 2 down for a point. That much is clear. 

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

For chopping off the Aberdeen 3rd? If not that I’m really unsure as to what else happened 

Come on now.

There was a spell where Aberdeen players were getting a booking for being in the same post code as their opponent.

Scales hauled someone down to stop a counter and nothing was given.

Add that to the ten minutes of injury time. Would love to hear where that came from.

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Yeh, fair point.

I’d have put Palaversa in for Clarkson. 
He’s more likely to keep possession, which will be a rare commodity today.

As sad as it is, this defines f**k all for us, regardless of what these clueless idiots in the media will say. 

So would I.

3 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now.

There was a spell where Aberdeen players were getting a booking for being in the same post code as their opponent.

Add that to the ten minutes of injury time. Would love to hear where that came from.

Clarkson and duk yellows were particularly laughable. 10 mins injury time that became nearly 13. 

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Do we not all think that Celtic will win easily regardless of our starting eleven?

F*ck you Celtic, we’re gonna win the league, we’re gonna win the league, we’re gonna win the league, f*ck you Celtic, we’re gonna win the league, we’re gonna win the league, we’re gonna win the league.

9 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

Come on now.

10 minutes didn’t seem that off to me. Stoppages for 2 goals, the VAR check for the Aberdeen handball that was a few mins, I think there were at least another 4 or 5 stoppages for subs? And then a few other stoppages for cramp and fouls, the one the Aberdeen lad went into the advertising board felt also like it took a few mins to make sure he was ok. It felt pretty stop/start to me tbf

Cant really remember the Scales one you mention if I’m being honest

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Merkie84 said:

Question for the stattos, when was the last time a Scottish team came back from 2-0 down at Celtic park? 

When was the last time ( if ever) Aberdeen managed it? 

Brilliant stuff, I was dreading a doing at 2-0. 

We did it in a game I was at in 1987. Tommy Burns scored, the soon to be departing for Celtic Joe Miller got one back, and Peter Nicholas equalised with a very late expert lob right in front of us.

Edited by rollstar

8 minutes ago, rollstar said:

We did it in a game I was at in 1987. Tommy Burns scored, the soon to be departing for Celtic Joe Miller got one back, and Peter Nicholas equalised with a very late expert lob right in front of us.

https://www.afcheritage.org/matches/match-report?id=3817

At least you got the score right! :lol:

Edited by Jacksgranda

As others have said we could’ve been out of sight at half time but it wasn’t to be. The chance where Valle cleared off the line was probably a warning sign looking back. Aberdeen tweaked it a bit and deservedly came back into it. They had us rattled for a good 25 minutes or so and at one point I thought were on their way to winning it. Don’t have any complaints about the result. 

Aberdeen definitely have something about them under the new fella. In previous years we’d have scored right after half time and it would’ve ended 4-1. They’re a very well coached side and it looks like an enjoyable place to be at the minute, both for the players and the fans. 

Edited by Fratelli

13 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

At least you got the score right! :lol:

That's funny, the memory plays tricks etc! What I remember is that when his goal went in (obviously we were going f**king mental on the terracing behind the goal on the stand side, for what I now realise was the last minute equaliser), Joe Miller clenched his fist but didn't seem to share the moment with anyone else. Not sure whether he was trying to hide his joy from his soon to be employers, or trying to convince us that he was actually pleased to be scoring for us and not Celtic.

Edited by rollstar

2 hours ago, Booker-T said:

Feel if we had a proper Lambert, Lennon, Keane, Brown holding midfielder type to bring on at half time we win that.

It's outrageous that you dont have that kind of quality on the bench to come on and sword a diddy! Scottish football fans should unite in a strongly worded statement to your board.

You deserve better🙄

4 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

It's outrageous that you dont have that kind of quality on the bench to come on and sword a diddy! Scottish football fans should unite in a strongly worded statement to your board.

You deserve better🙄

I missed that. If only we could just bring Roy Keane off the bench 😂