Celtic v Aberdeen 19th October

3 hours ago, 1GregStewart said:

Are you describing last seasons semi final? 
I appreciate it’s a different venue 

Something like that would be nice. But it wasn’t really a reference to a specific game, just a desire to be competitive and have them on the back foot. It’s difficult to come out on top over the 90 though. 

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't think it matters who the ref is tomorrow, as you say. But we both know the real reason for this is the Central Belt Alliance will never allow Aberdeen to get a result.

I assume it's equally difficult for Aberdeen to get a result in Edinburgh 

33 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

I assume it's equally difficult for Aberdeen to get a result in Edinburgh 

At Tynecastle it certainly seems that way recently.

Unfortunately our Central Belt Alliance let us down at Pittodrie last time out as Beaton didn't get the memo and sent off one of our players by mistake!

21 hours ago, DrewDon said:

We will likely lose the game, and any outcome other than a defeat would be brilliant, but our last three results at Parkhead are 4-0, 5-0, and 6-0. It can't be argued that those results were unrepresentative, either. 

Robson inflicted some hard watches on us at Parkheid, similar to one or two other managers in relatively recent history.

In the lug-howker’s slight defence, the 5-0 was three days after securing European group football in the midweeker against St Mirren - a dead rubber on ‘flag day’. 

The 6-0 was three days after the stamina sapping and very credible 2-2 draw away to PAOK, where the ref added on 10 mins and 3 became 6. 

As for tomorrow, recent decades generally make it hard to predict anything other than a comfortable defeat. Flying under the radar is the best hope, but they will turn up for this.

3-1 defeat and a reasonable showing.

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Robson inflicted some hard watches on us at Parkheid, similar to one or two other managers in relatively recent history.

In the lug-howker’s slight defence, the 5-0 was three days after securing European group football in the midweeker against St Mirren - a dead rubber on ‘flag day’. 

The 6-0 was three days after the stamina sapping and very credible 2-2 draw away to PAOK, where the ref added on 10 mins and 3 became 6. 

As for tomorrow, recent decades generally make it hard to predict anything other than a comfortable defeat. Flying under the radar is the best hope, but they will turn up for this.

3-1 defeat and a reasonable showing.

I was thinking after I posted it that all three did have mitigating factors, but not to the extent that they could justify just how bad the collective performances and results have been. 

I hate to admit it, but I'd be moderately happy with a good showing and a narrow defeat.  Obviously if we can do better than that I'll be chuffed to bits, but my fear is the sort of doing that really bursts our balloon and kills all the feelgood stone dead.  If we can avoid that I'll be able to see the positives.

Celtic are a different machine to everyone in the league currently. I’d happy we kept it respectable and gave it a bit a go and Come out with our heads high than taking a kicking and embarrassing defeat that has a knock on effect 

47 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Even if we get beat 5-0 it won’t change the excitement that Thelin has brought to following the Dons, unquestionably we are on an upward path, just going to have the odd bump now and again 

I agree, but you just know p***ks like Keith Jackson, Hugh Keevins, Peter Martin, etc etc cannot wait to say “the bubble is burst” when we most likely take a sore one tomorrow.

Conveniently forgetting that the arse cheek from across Glasgow got horsed 3-0 going on 6 at Parkhead in September. 

95% of the media in this country can go for a swim in the North Sea, preferably with concrete trunks on.