Rovers v Spiders

Feels like the safest bet for this weekend is for Zak Rudden to score. There has been improvement in recent weeks into the way we are playing but we're being killed by defensive mistakes and individual errors or red cards. Hopefully we can put that to rest and push on. 

Kev,

Dabo, Fordyce, Hanlon, Stevenson,

Brown, Byrne,

Gibson, Easton, Pollock,

Hamilton

for me to line up, though if Jamieson switches with Gibson and is given an attacking roaming role would be fine too, we could do well.

7 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Kev,

Dabo, Fordyce, Hanlon,   Stevenson,

Brown, Byrne,

Gibson, Easton, Pollock,

Hamilton

Would be delighted with this lineup

This fixture has often ended up being a fairly exciting/dramatic game recently; our 5-2 win a couple of years back, both of Raith's late comebacks last season, and Davidson's first win for us all stand out, so I'm looking forward to it.

Cautiously optimistic but I wouldn't say I'm necessarily expecting a result, because I simply don't believe Raith's form won't improve eventually. That squad is much better than their current league position would suggest.

If we do manage to pick up a win, then our start to the season goes from "exceeds expectations" to "hold on, we're definitely good enough to push for the top 4" for me. Would love to finally have Jack Thomson back to help Welsh out in what I'd expect will be a tough battle in the middle of the park, but I'm not sure that's likely yet.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Surprised QP are doing so well because certain St Johnstone fans absolutely assured us your manger was a total dud and would have you languishing.

He’s done a pretty outstanding job given the absolute car crash he inherited.

We were told by St Johnstone fans to be aware of his recruitment style which seemed to be along the lines of giving guys who were way past their best, multi year contracts but he’s been the polar opposite of that tbh. On top of that, he’s demonstrated to be very tactically sound. There’s a section of fans that aren’t particularly fond of the style of play but I think it’s just being smart and knowing how to manage a lead (not subbing on three 17 year olds like last season)

We’ve still got a reasonably young side and it’s not perfect but the difference this season is Davidson recruiting these young guys and not the absolute nonsense from Beuker/Veldman where everything was determined by a spreadsheet. Whilst the squad is young, there’s sprinkles of experience in key areas. Cammy Kerr at right back, Welsh at the base of midfield, Ferrie in goals and then Thomas and Rudden up top. 

Think a lot underestimated this squad going into this season (myself included) but it’s considerably better than last season. 

If we pick up 3 points here, I see no reason why we can’t go for top 4 if others are slipping up. 

9 minutes ago, bring_back_the_twa_hoops said:

Apart from Vaughan and maybe Stanton we should have a full squad to pick from.

Come to think of it, what's the latest on Stanton, last we heard a fortnight ago he was well on the way to recovery, but any word since? We need him.

If hes not had any set backs I think he should be close i'm sure before Morton game Collins said a couple weeks until hes back training.

39 minutes ago, Rover1990 said:

If hes not had any set backs I think he should be close i'm sure before Morton game Collins said a couple weeks until hes back training.

That'll be another fortnight after Saturday before he's fit enough for the bench.

Edited by bring_back_the_twa_hoops

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

A game where anything can happen, and one where Zak Rudden will score in front of the South Stand and get it right up our fans. 

Rudden double is nailed on. 

To be honest I'm not expecting much beyond what we served up against Morton: vaguely ok for a period without making too much out of it, lose a couple of quick goals then a gutless close to the game.