Rovers v Spiders

1 minute ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Gibson was/is ill, Freeman dont know but hes no very good anyway, Jack's as well away for all we get from him cept for his penalties

Thanks for Gibson, but I’d like a little of what you’re smoking if you really believe Freeman is no good.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Jamieson has looked like a massive pain on the arse to play against, Hamilton has looked really good too. 

Agree that Brown and Byrne have looked a bit slack in places but to be expected. 

Big second half coming up and I think the changes need to effective when they come. 

Think you may have put a jinx on Hamilton there, some absolute sitters missed in the second half. We let them back into it with a slack goal coming from really poor defensive play by Fordyce as he watched Rudden win the ball and keep it in play. 

Created some very good chances, just no one with any sort of composure on the end of it. Jamieson looked up for it without being threatening in the box.

Disappointed with the result but for the most part it was one team looking like winning the game. Losing Easton is a blow, but good to see Stanton back, even though he's very much a weaker player in that position. 

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Losing Easton is a blow, but good to see Stanton back, even though he's very much a weaker player in that position. 

Perplexed by that assessment. Easton isn’t what this team needs right now, with his (self-admitted) somewhat selfish nature. We need to get more opportunities from the kinds of play that see Dylan try to beat two or three people, and nearly always lose the ball. Once the team starts scoring a bit, then that play is more acceptable. I’m gonna say losing Dylan next week may strengthen us, and I’d like to see him move to the bench for a couple of matches. I think he’s a good player and has great talent, but sometimes he’s just not the right player, and during this trying time, I’m looking for a passer like Sam and Scott rather than a dazzler like Dylan.

Here the other question, who offers more, Dabo or Stevenson? If we’re playing four back, I’d like to see either Freeman or Dick in for one of them to buck up the defending a bit…and shockingly I’d say the answer is Dick for Stevenson right now. Playing Stevenson hasn’t paid off for us this season (yet), doesn’t make it his fault, but we’ve got to switch up something, and Dabo has certainly looked dangerous.

Being 1 up from a penalty felt like a poor return for our efforts in the first half, and once QP tightened up in the second we seemed to run out of ideas to a degree. Feels like a real lack of quality middle to front as Hamilton passed up a couple of big chances in either half and Jamieson looked busy without ever threatening.

Collins can only work with what he's got but with a lack of options out wide and up top who have any kind of form, not sure I'd stray too far from my opinion that we are in trouble.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Perplexed by that assessment. Easton isn’t what this team needs right now, with his (self-admitted) somewhat selfish nature. We need to get more opportunities from the kinds of play that see Dylan try to beat two or three people, and nearly always lose the ball. Once the team starts scoring a bit, then that play is more acceptable. I’m gonna say losing Dylan next week may strengthen us, and I’d like to see him move to the bench for a couple of matches. 

What?  Perplexed doesn’t even begin to describe my confusion at this statement.

We’d be in a even worse spot without Easton.  No Easton today then no penalty, and given we can’t score from open play we’d be utterly screwed.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

Being 1 up from a penalty felt like a poor return for our efforts in the first half, and once QP tightened up in the second we seemed to run out of ideas to a degree. Feels like a real lack of quality middle to front as Hamilton passed up a couple of big chances in either half and Jamieson looked busy without ever threatening.

Collins can only work with what he's got but with a lack of options out wide and up top who have any kind of form, not sure I'd stray too far from my opinion that we are in trouble.

The dip in form from the whole squad is remarkable from last season. Not one player at the level they can individually perform to. Something is not right.... its not like its 1 or 2 that are off it, they are all miles off it.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

I’d agree with that except the last bit if you are suggesting a relegation scrap? We have shown enough at home to suggest we will be fine. Away from home thus far we have got what we have deserved but you could argue that today, Livi, Hamilton… all games we could and probably should have taken more points from.

In terms of a title challenge, that ship clearly looks to have sailed but I’m still hopeful (not confident) that getting the likes of Stanton, Brown, Fordyce back fit and staying that way will see our performance levels rise and we can challenge for top 4…

2 minutes ago, TheLangToon said:

Ref seemed to show Easton a yellow for throwing ball away then a straight red for verbal abuse. Didn’t see any second yellow? Ref lost his head a bit and got a bit emotional after getting telt he was shite

Easton was booked in the first half for mouthing at the ref so definitely 2 bookings for the red

1 minute ago, Pride of Fife said:

I’d agree with that except the last bit if you are suggesting a relegation scrap? We have shown enough at home to suggest we will be fine. Away from home thus far we have got what we have deserved but you could argue that today, Livi, Hamilton… all games we could and probably should have taken more points from.

In terms of a title challenge, that ship clearly looks to have sailed but I’m still hopeful (not confident) that getting the likes of Stanton, Brown, Fordyce back fit and staying that way will see our performance levels rise and we can challenge for top 4…

I'm not saying any of the penalties we got, we came by with luck - but at the same time our home form is f**king precarious if that's what we are relying on to get points.

Short of radical surgery in January we are absolutely going to be in a relegation fight.

2 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

We are 2 and 3 points ahead of two sides who have comfortably beaten us this season.

We are where we are on merit, and anyone thinking we are too good to go down is basing it on nothing but blind faith.  Not one shred of actual evidence suggests that. 

That's not to say this an objectively terrible squad.  But it doesn't need to be.  There's no standout terrible sides this season, and what I've seen from the Rovers at times is as bad as I've seen from anyone else this season.  

4 minutes ago, Pride of Fife said:

Draws are no use to us in this current predicament, goals win games and theres something seriously wrong in that department, your rose tinted specs outlook is admirable , hopefully come Januarys trading window you'll be proved correct though 

Keep the faith! For as poor as we have been this season, there are several sides in the same boat… I can see ways and reasons why we might pick up and climb the table while I can’t immediately say the same for sides like Dunfermline and Airdrie who 18 games combined between them have a solitary victory each, both at home v ourselves!

As the song goes “Can we play you every week!? (at home)” …..  No, no you can’t.