Are you common?

ICTChris

30 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

oh, havering shite all over facebook about how you "pure luv mah bairns" and how "wee Danyul's no a bad laddie" when anyone who lives locally knows your offspring are a bunch of feral wee shits and responsible for at least 80% of petty crime in the area.

I'd say that's not being common, that simply marks you out as part of the underclass.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being working class, or 'common', and I'd suggest that anyone who seriously pays any attention to lists like this are likely to be social climbers. The genuinely refined don't need lists and are not crass enough to point out other people's flaws. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah it's a shite list. There's an opportunity for a bit of humour in this but instead of that, yer man there's just come over as a colossal snob. 

@Boo Khaki list reads like it could be rapped by perennial @Miguel Sanchez favourite Beanstalk

It has been

3 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

I'd say that's not being common, that simply marks you out as part of the underclass.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being working class, or 'common', and I'd suggest that anyone who seriously pays any attention to lists like this are likely to be social climbers. The genuinely refined don't need lists and are not crass enough to point out other people's flaws. 

^^^^ Ten pointer ^^^^^

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

You have to defeat me and @alta-pete in a triathlon of Croquet, Polo, and Dressage, then we shall discuss the matter over cream tea.

Let the triathlon commence, could you slap yourself in the pus with a glove for me please in lieu of not actually being there?

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Who do P&Bers consider common?

Listening to Oasis, watching television outside of live sport and news(especially reality television), following hairstyle trends, regularly spending money at a bookmakers, having an iPhone, eating takeaways more than once a month, having tattoos (especially a full sleeve in grayscale), owning any Stone Islan, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss items of clothing, playing any Call of Duty series of video games released after 2010.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

^^^^ Ten pointer ^^^^^

I scored 3 - liquid soap, eating on the street (though I prefer not to) and I own two pairs of the black and white Adidas trainers

I tend to think that good manners and consideration for others ranks above all else, especially when there is no benefit from being polite. 

moahmmedaliquote.thumb.jpeg.eea02aea5e00ae56e3bd27ef03684afc.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Listening to Oasis, watching television outside of live sport and news(especially reality television), following hairstyle trends, regularly spending money at a bookmakers, having an iPhone, eating takeaways more than once a month, having tattoos (especially a full sleeve in grayscale), owning any Stone Islan, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Hugo Boss items of clothing, playing any Call of Duty series of video games released after 2010.

f**k sake I'm going to have to go against my natural instinct and say this list is spectacularly correct.

Add in Veja trainers for women and any having kids under 10 with a name akin to a victorian chimney sweep 

ETA schemies with double barrel surnames. Senga Miller-Young and the like.

Edited by cb_diamond

16 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

I haven't listened to Oasis since Be Here Now was released.

I love watching old episodes of Minder and The Sweeney on ITV4

I'm as bald as a cue ball

I haven't been inside a bookies since before the pandemic, used to do a coupon most Saturdays before that.

I've got a Samsung.

I eat takeaways 2 or 3 times a week.

Wouldn't be seen dead in any of that shite.

I don't own a PlayStation or Xbox.

Edited by tongue_tied_danny