Steelmen V Dees - 19th October

Mo Sylla missing for this is an absolute killer. Having no one to protect our already fragile defence is a scary prospect.

Zach Robinson hat-trick incoming. But for which team? Who knows as he f**king loves the Derry.

You're undoubtedly underperforming and a little out of form. We're getting results but there is a perception of fragility but that seems to be on our midfield and strikers up until the 80' mark. Our defence is functioning however so there is that.

Robinson got a goal vs your skanky neighbours but at Easter Road he produced his worst performance in C&A. I think there's a player there but he's not instinctive in front of goal like others I've watched, hoping things will click. He'll probably will keep his starting place.

Simon Murray isn't putting down great numbers despite many assumptions, two in seven is it? Can't speak to his wider contribution however.

If it was at Dens I'd say "sorted your drainage yet? Draw", at Fir Park narrow win, going out on a limb and suggesting a 2-1 as that's how we roll these days.

We have had a great start to the season judging by most fans expectations including mine own.

All that said we have been winning games narrowly and getting the rub of the green that we so sadly lacked at this time last season.

I get a feeling that at some point this will end even if temporarily some time soon. I hope it is not Saturday but it could well be. Dundee at Fir Park last season were one of the better teams. Dominated possession and bossed us all over the park. Somehow we still got results. 

I would take more of the same as this season. Solid defence and excellent goalkeeping and a narrow win. Take our routine and inevitable loss against Celtic the following weekend. 

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Who are you fancying to score your 3+ goals 'Well fans?

I'd have said Stama, but not sure he'll start given he's been all the way to Japan/China and back to not play a single minute for the Socceroos.

Robinson, for the lolz.

On form we're favourites to win this but we've been overachieving results wise while Dundee seem to have been the opposite. So a 1-2 rather than 2-1 might be the order of the day.

And that would be quite annoying tbh as the scars of last season still have me fearing a collapse, even though we're much more solid. Normally I'd be relaxed going into this after a positive run but with the serious hat on, we'll probably lose the next three, and do we want to go into Simo's return winless/pointless in four? No ta.

Taking this one in with my boys, who have finally taken an interest in football after enjoying the United cup victory. Hopefully a victory over their city rivals will keep them wanting to come back. Kettlewell must see something in Robinson to keep starting him, personally I think he’s bobbins and I would start Watt up front with Apostolos, but it’s been a good start to the season, so trust the manager’s judgement on that one. Everything else is fine. Any scoreline is good as long it’s a positive for us

I didn’t expect to win at Easter Road so a point here would probably over the piece still be seen as good progress. 

I always feel the foundations of a good season are keeping defeats at home v your peer group to a minimum so a loss here to a Dundee team struggling for a win lately would be typical! 

McGinn being out now might upset our defensive set up. But our options are all pretty positive.

I love the look of Balmer, Gordon and Casey. Absolute units every one. I wouldnt want to be a striker going up against those three!

Midfield is still the conundrum for us, but SK seems set on Davor/Halliday with Miller further forward.

If he sticks with this, I forecast another stuffy 0-0 first half with us running out winners by a couple of goals when we bring on all our forward players from about 60 minutes!

If SK mixes it up from the off and plays either Watt or Maswanhise and drops Miller back into his natural position, things might look more entertaining.

Didn't realise the extent of how crazy your defending has been this season till reading the comments above.

Looks like we'll be introducing the chaos of halfway shy's into the penalty spot and a mad centre half who would run through brick wall to get the ball into the mix.

I think it was 2 draws and a win for us last season albeit late comebacks from us twice.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was more of the same. Dundee can’t buy a win and we’ve been winning without playing that well. Let’s extend that one more week.

2-1 Motherwell