Airdrie defeat Ayr

Scott Brown's not a skinhead any more. Unlike the Airdrieonians.

This needs to be a convincing away win. If Ayr can't lift a glove to anyone in the top half of the league then they need to be turning over all the relegation fodder. At least Airdrie are pish enough that it's not only Dowds who can score against them.

Airdrie seem both low on numbers and in confidence so we need to press them hard from the start as they'll undoubtedly still try and play out from the back. If we score first I think heads might go down.

I'd go:

Stone (Brown as likely to pick McKenzie)

Musonda Stanger McMann Reading 

Dempsey 

Henderson Rus Murphy 

Oakley McLennan 

On 21/10/2024 at 18:19, edinburghhonestman said:

Airdrie seem both low on numbers and in confidence so we need to press them hard from the start as they'll undoubtedly still try and play out from the back. If we score first I think heads might go down.

I'd go:

Stone (Brown as likely to pick McKenzie)

Musonda Stanger McMann Reading 

Dempsey 

Henderson Rus Murphy 

Oakley McLennan 

I’d go with most of that but I’d have Watret back in and give jet lagged Frankie a breather . Round pegs in round holes . 

Stone

Watret  Stanger  McMann  Reading

Henderson  Rus  Dempsey  Murphy

Oakley  McLennan

Subs: Russell, McAllister, Musonda, Devlin, Howley, Syla, Walker, McKenzie, Bavidge

For me, that is our strongest 11 and subs with Hastie dropping out the squad if all are fit and well.  Need to get Murphy back into starting 11, that team should provide lots of chances for the strikers.

3 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Stone

Watret  Stanger  McMann  Reading

Henderson  Rus  Dempsey  Murphy

Oakley  McLennan

Subs: Russell, McAllister, Musonda, Devlin, Howley, Syla, Walker, McKenzie, Bavidge

For me, that is our strongest 11 and subs with Hastie dropping out the squad if all are fit and well.  Need to get Murphy back into starting 11, that team should provide lots of chances for the strikers.

Only debate for me is if Musonda comes in for Reading in our strongest side…

And whether Oakley is still part of our strongest side, but hopefully he picks up. 

23 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Only debate for me is if Musonda comes in for Reading in our strongest side…

And whether Oakley is still part of our strongest side, but hopefully he picks up. 

Oakley hasn’t been great since Dowds got injured however to say he’s not a better option than McKenzie or Bavidge is a bit mental tbh. 

46 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Oakley hasn’t been great since Dowds got injured however to say he’s not a better option than McKenzie or Bavidge is a bit mental tbh. 

If he continues to play like he did at the weekend, he’s definitely not better. He struggled to offer even absolute basics.  And it would absolutely make sense to try something different if that’s the case. 

We obviously have to hope he regains some form though. 

Edited by No_Problemo