Bairns v Pars

2 hours ago, ADFC said:

Not much chance of us tempting some fair weather fans along when the club cant even be arsed to post a link for tickets

There's plenty of fans not going to this one. The 'fair weather' stuff is laughable if you really are going down that route. It's just a game of football.

Also yes, I noticed earlier re the ticket link. When you click on it on the club website it just takes you to a page to buy tickers for our upcoming home games. That website is rank and hasn't been right since it first got put in to place.

Much as the obvious result is a win for us, games against the Pars rarely make any actual sense. The season we went down, with what is comfortably the worst squad we've ever had (eye wateringly bad), we managed to get two wins at East End Park. Honestly feels like these games operate in a bubble that doesn't respect form or league position and I'll personally be happy to get through this one with a 1 goal win and move on.

22 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

Much as the obvious result is a win for us, games against the Pars rarely make any actual sense. The season we went down, with what is comfortably the worst squad we've ever had (eye wateringly bad), we managed to get two wins at East End Park. Honestly feels like these games operate in a bubble that doesn't respect form or league position and I'll personally be happy to get through this one with a 1 goal win and move on.

You didn't finish that much behind us this season didn't you? Was it not the season AJ was sacked? 

We were also shit. 

39 minutes ago, kelty_par said:

https://ticket.falkirkfc.co.uk/packages/LZEmOKzmpW/e/pXlGEY2G3V?show=away

Top 2 rows seems to be shut off across whole stand, so looks like about 450-500 sold so far roughly 

If we’ve shifted between 450-500 then I would say that’s pretty positive as more will probably sell later in the week. 

Under the circumstances of how we have been playing, I didn’t think it would be as high as this 🙈

22 minutes ago, Dislocated Boy said:

If we’ve shifted between 450-500 then I would say that’s pretty positive as more will probably sell later in the week. 

Under the circumstances of how we have been playing, I didn’t think it would be as high as this 🙈

We'll probably take around 1200.

With the Falkirk fans selling their allocation out completely our BOD should be ashamed looking at our half empty stand. This fixture should be a complete sell out.

Our fans should be climbing over each other to get to this game. 

Edited by da_no_1

6 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

With the Falkirk fans selling their allocation out completely our BOD should be ashamed looking at our half empty stand. This fixture should be a complete sell out.

Our fans should be climbing over each other to get to this game. 

Though I agree with you on this, I think there’s more chance of Pars fans climbing over each other to get out. You don’t have to be Septic Peg to predict the outcome of this game. 
Please let it be the game McPake walks/gets sacked after, at long last. 

Edited by Wacky

Obviously Falkirk are clear favourites in this one. Only chance for a pars win is either an early red card or somehow keeping it tight and nicking a goal.

As a fan though I'm just sick of watching awful football every week under McPake, so if a doing could get him sacked I'm fine with that. I firmly believe a different manager could elevate these players to play a more entertaining style whilst also getting them up the table. It's prolonging the inevitable keeping him on whilst also losing the fanbase due to boredom. 

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

You didn't finish that much behind us this season didn't you? Was it not the season AJ was sacked? 

We were also shit. 

It's difficult to quantify just how bad our team was that season. The fact that any other team was anywhere near us at the bottom is stunning really.

53 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

100% agree with this. I thought the same at EEP on Saturday, sitting in the North Stand in eerie silence....with the exception of the moans and groans towards the officials......being surrounded by empty seats that were normally occupied.

40 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Obviously Falkirk are clear favourites in this one. Only chance for a pars win is either an early red card or somehow keeping it tight and nicking a goal.

That's exactly what McPake is going try and mastermind :(

2 hours ago, PipoIsABairn said:

While that team was indeed f**king horrendous, the absolute rabble that finished 6th in League One is comfortably the worst squad in the clubs entire history.

1 hour ago, Dislocated Boy said:

100% agree with this. I thought the same at EEP on Saturday, sitting in the North Stand in eerie silence....with the exception of the moans and groans towards the officials......being surrounded by empty seats that were normally occupied.

That's exactly what McPake is going try and mastermind :(

🫣

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

While that team was indeed f**king horrendous, the absolute rabble that finished 6th in League One is comfortably the worst squad in the clubs entire history.

I just looked that squad up & I'm happy I've managed to erase most of them from memory. MacKenzie Lemon, anyone?

whotf.gif

17 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I just looked that squad up & I'm happy I've managed to erase most of them from memory. MacKenzie Lemon, anyone?

whotf.gif

Mad to think that mccann, nesbitt, Morrison and dowds were part of such a bad squad. 

Must have had over 30 players on the books, with about 10 of them being keepers and left backs.

24 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

whotf.gif

Pretty sure his last act in a Falkirk shirt was tripping over his own shoelaces to allow Queens Park to score their 5th or 6th in *that* game at Firhill that saw Cones booted. I envy your ability to forget!

Good to be in a place where you can just look back and laugh at how bad things were, but Christ, there really was a proper chunk of time where you thought we were utterly f**ked eh

43 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Mad to think that mccann, nesbitt, Morrison and dowds were part of such a bad squad. 

Must have had over 30 players on the books, with about 10 of them being keepers and left backs.

If anyone ever deserved plaudits for last year, Nesbitt, McCann, and Morrison do for what they suffered as much as us. Nesbitt felt like a bit of a Telfer with going missing too many times. What a transformation under McGlynn and Smith. McCann was always a standout against us at Airdrie. He must have thought, "WTF am I coming here for after that first season?"

3 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Sympathetic to pars fans( and Livi ) watching negative football. We had years of putting up with that shit. Glad we now go for it every game even against Cellic

I honestly couldn't care less about the so called negative football etc. I just want to watch Dunfermline winning, how we do it is by the bye but if you win most games the style is secondary. 

32 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I honestly couldn't care less about the so called negative football etc. I just want to watch Dunfermline winning, how we do it is by the bye but if you win most games the style is secondary. 

Oofft, not sure I’m in agreement with that. Part of the reason I go to the football is that it’s entertainment. Christ, if it was winning football but eye bleedingly negative then I’m not sure I’d want to watch it year after year after year.

I’ve been to pretty much every Scotland home game over the past 16 years, I’ll go regardless of the football. I praise Steve Clarke for the job that he has done, but would I want to watch that style week in week out, no chance.