Aberdeen Vs Dundee United

Gutted im missing this one (going to a 50th in Edinburgh) Pittodrie was my second away game as a laddie and always enjoyed games v Aberdeen.

I've always felt talking to Aberdeen fans that there is a mutual respect there regardless of league positions between the 2 teams. Both clubs have fans that have seen that absolute pinnacle of their clubs success and also utter dross over the years. There is banter, competitiveness and a bit of edge. Head to head I'd imagine there isn't a great deal in it (Aberdeen edging it) 

Both teams in positive form. At Pittodrie with Aberdeen's strikers my head tells me 2-1 them. My heart tells my head it's an idiot and reminds it of Olofsson, Easton and Dodds in thumping wins 

2-1 United! Cmon!!! 

3 hours ago, Glen Scotia said:

I've always felt talking to Aberdeen fans that there is a mutual respect there regardless of league positions between the 2 teams. Both clubs have fans that have seen that absolute pinnacle of their clubs success and also utter dross over the years. There is banter, competitiveness and a bit of edge. Head to head I'd imagine there isn't a great deal in it (Aberdeen edging it) 

You are right of course - every time we get with United fans, nostalgia tends to take over - so good to see a 'here and now' battle in the top four of the table.

Both sides have been involved in lots of close games, generally finding a way to come out on the right end of them.  Despite all the faux weegia hype, I am happy to just take things as they come and led Thelin continue to bed this team in (including taking the sore ones that inevitably seem just round the corner).  

I think this is the type of tight match when we will miss the x factor that Pape Guèye brought us before his injury.

Gut feeling is a similar outcome to the match in 2022 early in the Goodwin era in front of 18K when Fergie visited - 1-1 draw it was then - but live in the hope that we can do enough to sneak another win.

Edited by tarapoa

58 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

You are right of course - every time we get with United fans, nostalgia tends to take over - so good to see a 'here and now' battle in the top four of the table.

Both sides have been involved in lots of close games, generally finding a way to come out on the right end of them.  Despite all the faux weegia hype, I am happy to just take things as they come and led Thelin continue to bed this team in (including taking the sore ones that inevitably seem just round the corner).  

I think this is the type of tight match when we will miss the x factor that Pape Guèye brought us before his injury.

Gut feeling is a similar outcome to the match in 2022 early in the Goodwin era in front of 18K when Fergie visited - 1-1 draw it was then - but live in the hope that we can do enough to sneak another win.

I found your hidden message 

Edited by Glen Scotia
Edit

Used to love a trip to Pittodrie, but the later kick off prevents me from travelling this time. I expect a higher percentage of attendees will have enjoyed the extra time allowance for refreshements in the build up.

As to the game, forgetting the result, United were to my mind very poor last week, especially in midfield, where although Babubnski and to a lesser extent Sevelj  had decent individual performances, they didn't appear to me to dovetail into a cohesive unit. I expect changes in that department tomorrow, while the central defenders didn't cover themselves in glory either. Adegboyega was back to his first half v Ross County level, and the absence of Graham, who'll be back next week at the earliest (I suspect) caused serious issues at both goals lost.

I'll be happy with a draw here, ecstatic with three points. 

Can't see us getting anything though have assumed that a few times this season and been pleasantly surprised. We'll struggle in the middle without Docherty and Sibbald. No doubt Aberdeen will have most of the ball but Trapanovski and Middleton might give us something on the break and Dalby looked surprisingly useful last week. 

1-1 would be great. 

23 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

There's not one Aberdeen player I would choose as being worthy of getting into our current Utd first team.

There, I've said it.

Enjoy your Friday night mate, not sure you will see Saturday 

32 minutes ago, Gibby82 said:

Can't see us getting anything though have assumed that a few times this season and been pleasantly surprised. We'll struggle in the middle without Docherty and Sibbald. No doubt Aberdeen will have most of the ball but Trapanovski and Middleton might give us something on the break and Dalby looked surprisingly useful last week. 

1-1 would be great. 

Ryan Strain is back, according to the club social media channels, which is surely a boost, although I'm not sure what will actually happen as a result

It might be because I missed out on the 1980s, but I’ve never really had any particular ill feelings towards Dundee United. I only really feel an unhealthy level of hostility towards one Scottish club based on recent happenings - and that is, rather predictably, St Mirren Football Club.

58 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ryan Strain is back, according to the club social media channels, which is surely a boost, although I'm not sure what will actually happen as a result

Layng some cash on a stray dog ripping out his achilles while he's warming up on the sidelines.

49 minutes ago, Butters Scotch said:

We are getting pumped here if Docherty is oot

Why? Dundee had them on the ropes just a couple of weeks ago and, by all accounts, they've ridden their luck in a number of games. I like Docherty and he certainly adds cohesion to the team but his replacement has 20 odd caps for Macedonia. It's not like we're bunging Jordan Tilson in there.