Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

First week back at Uni after being off on Christmas holidays, so the 1st years, have a second freshers week, (week of getting pished) called refreshers week.

Well I think that is what it is.

This. Not just the first years though, all the students are on it till they vomit this week.

What page of the Kama Sutra is that position on?

My own personal addendum 8)

The cock blocker is a girl mate, we had a bit of a tiff last night but it was just a drunken misunderstanding and its sorted now

Oh, then DEFINITELY hope she gets fired in! Solves all your problems.

So you invited her out just to ignore her all night? Is that what that means?

Children your age should be playing with Lego, not going out drinking.

Nah we hadn't seen each other in over a month so we had a catch up and chatted and stuff, just when it came to the last hour and everyone was looking for a ride that I delivered the ol' custard pie

Decorating must be up there with heroin in "things you regret not long after starting".

Aye! Decided to scrape all the woodchip wallpaper covered with a squillion layers of paint off the kitchen wall and I've got a feckin' helluva mess with bits of plaster falling off everywhere. If I had any insurance, I'd have set fire to the place instead.

Tiled my hallway floor about a year ago and it looked class. Smelled gas the other day and the engineer confirmed it's somewhere between the meter and the kitchen, so the tiles have had to be ripped up to access the gas line. Couldn't find the leak yet, so tomorrow they're coming back to rip up my living room carpet and floorboards and run a new line through the kitchen wall. Bealing.

Tiled my hallway floor about a year ago and it looked class. Smelled gas the other day and the engineer confirmed it's somewhere between the meter and the kitchen, so the tiles have had to be ripped up to access the gas line. Couldn't find the leak yet, so tomorrow they're coming back to rip up my living room carpet and floorboards and run a new line through the kitchen wall. Bealing.

Candlelit Vigil required for your flooring?

May also assist with sourcing the leak.

Candlelit Vigil required for your flooring?

May also assist with sourcing the leak.

Wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to finding the leak as the gas is capped off until they return tomorrow, but it might make me feel a wee bit better. Alternatively, send money as this shit is costing me a fucking fortune.

I've just bought myself a third screen. Don't even really need it :D

When I worked down in the Stock Exchange building, there was a laddie who had a bank of six, all displaying what looked suspiciously like Ceefax.

p01lykp5.jpg

Refreshers Week isn't a new thing. It's been about since at least 2002.

This is directed at the old b*****ds on here (sorry BFTD, but I'm looking at you).

That's the year I graduated. In another country. I knew I'd missed out, somehow.

IIRC, you work on campus somewhere - do they still put the 'f**k a Fresher' posters up everywhere? Always entertaining to see the looks on parents' faces when they see those while dropping off precious Jemima :P