Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Some c**t (or c***s) has (or have) broken into one of our sites overnight, vandalised some equipment, stole some equipment and ruined some excavations.

Indiana Jones always blamed the Nazis when it happened to him,

so probably best to blame them this time too.

42 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Maybe they're just heifers?

41 minutes ago, Deeside said:

That is also true.. 

Any idea where i can buy a bolt-gun? 

I believe a sledgehammer to the head is the correct form of dispatch,

although on in the mornings.

Just now, throbber said:

Thieving is a regular occurrence on the site I'm working on and I'm not convince these are random thefts I think some shady workers here are liaising with workers for same sub contractors from other sites and clocking where stuff is and then coming here early doors and taking stuff away to other jobs.

Funny you should say that, I suggested this morning that this could be an inside job, but my suggestion was dismissed by the site's supervisor, who instead offered a frankly ludicrous theory that the last company who hired the same site office as us kept a key, hunted down the next site it was on (somehow) somewhere in the Central Scotland area and then unlocked it overnight just in case there might be something of value inside. A theory so utterly fucking stupid that I was literally speechless and could only offer "Well, it's not going to be that is it?" by way of a response.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Funny you should say that, I suggested this morning that this could be an inside job, but my suggestion was dismissed by the site's supervisor, who instead offered a frankly ludicrous theory that the last company who hired the same site office as us kept a key, hunted down the next site it was on (somehow) somewhere in the Central Scotland area and then unlocked it overnight just in case there might be something of value inside. A theory so utterly fucking stupid that I was literally speechless and could only offer "Well, it's not going to be that is it?" by way of a response.

Sounds like the site supervisor may be co-ordinating an inside job and coming up with strange explanations to put you off the scent.

Just now, Rugster said:

Sounds like the site supervisor may be co-ordinating an inside job and coming up with strange explanations to put you off the scent.

Nah, he's an owner of the company, so would have nothing to gain from it. I think he's just so reluctant to consider the (very possible) case that one of our guys was involved that he's thought up an absurdly implausible scenario instead.

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Nah, he's an owner of the company, so would have nothing to gain from it. I think he's just so reluctant to consider the (very possible) case that one of our guys was involved that he's thought up an absurdly implausible scenario instead.

Have you alerted the rozzers? It would be delightful if one of the orifices who turned up was PC Cabe.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Have you alerted the rozzers? It would be delightful if one of the orifices who turned up was PC Cabe.

Yes. Currently awaiting PC's Plod and Filth to arrive at site, ask if any "Sambo's" have been seen in the area, tut loudly and then demand a bribe to stop it happening again.

49 minutes ago, throbber said:

I refuse to believe there are people who just roam about looking for things to steal off building sites

I had a summer job doing security on a building site near Stirling. I was always having folk trying to blag in saying they were coming to pick stuff for "the other site" or some other pish. I may only have been 20 y/o or so but I was wise to groups of boozed up jakies in an old Vectras was coming to pick up a generators.

Just now, throbber said:

It was actually a husqvana but that was harder to spell, they are cheap shite and break easily.

The same guy at work was also complaining about the amount of saws, drills ladders etc that get broken and the cost of having them fixed/replaced from hire company is astronomical. People actually show up for work and take no responsibility for tools what so ever and act ignorant when they break with no regard as to who pays for it. Part of the reasons why wages are so shite for workers which is why they don't give a f**k about breaking and or stealing tools. A shit of an industry to be in tbh.

Word, yo.

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

Material wastage is a constant bone of contention for me. Gets right on my wick.

Bought a new house last year - classic scenario of one day my house was still inside the site fence, the next day I was moved in and the site fence was between me and next door, which wasn't yet finished.  It's amazing the amount of stuff that I was able to buy, cash in hand, from the workies on site, to do additional stuff to the house.  I was getting my garage converted as soon as I moved in, "Want a pallet of bricks so that the bit your builder puts under the new window matches the resat of your house?"  Not a problem, price agreed and pallet delivered.  Sparky came in and ran power up to my loft and installed a double socket up there,  List went on.

1 minute ago, Boghead ranter said:

Bought a new house last year - classic scenario of one day my house was still inside the site fence, the next day I was moved in and the site fence was between me and next door, which wasn't yet finished.  It's amazing the amount of stuff that I was able to buy, cash in hand, from the workies on site, to do additional stuff to the house.  I was getting my garage converted as soon as I moved in, "Want a pallet of bricks so that the bit your builder puts under the new window matches the resat of your house?"  Not a problem, price agreed and pallet delivered.  Sparky came in and ran power up to my loft and installed a double socket up there,  List went on.

We are an industry of wasteful cowboys.