Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, supermik said:

Stupid dug ate the most expensive box of Quality Street today. £500 and counting so far..

I'm guessing that you got it as a Christmas present for a child and it's been randomly chewing valuable stuff, rather than you placidly watching it eating your cocaine stash hidden in a box of chocolates.

Just now, welshbairn said:

I'm guessing that you got it as a Christmas present for a child and it's been randomly chewing valuable stuff, rather than you placidly watching it eating your cocaine stash hidden in a box of chocolates.

I read it that's what he's paid the vet, not to put it down, to treat it.

Although, it's already had it's treat.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

I read it that's what he's paid the vet, not to put it down, to treat it.

Although, it's already had it's treat.

I may have missed the back story, although there is someone around who's handy with a humane sledgehammer if needed.

Surely that can't be true?[emoji38]
By the laws of probability (I think), at least some flights will have all paying passengers show up for the flight, and there's no chance the average punter would be told "sorry, we overbooked deliberately because we think some people won't show. It's okay though, we've got your flight to Tenerife for tomorrow evening, I'm sure you'll understand."

...and just accept that.

I think it's only common practice on scheduled flights, not on chartered so it's unlikely to happen on holiday flights to Tenerife etc.

I'd estimate that on about 50% of US airline flights I've taken they've looked for volunteers to give up their seat - and you're risking being killed in the stampede to accept. Only seen it a few times on other airlines, probably less than 10%, so I'd guess the American airlines predict a higher no show rate than others.

The compo is often very generous - and I've seen some airlines increasing what's on offer as it gets nearer and nearer take off time. So some seasoned travellers will take a chance and hang on until the last moment to grab the deal. I've seen offers of up to double the ticket cost plus a later flight. Never done it myself.

I was on a flight to turkey that was underbooked in 2009 from Glasgow.

They cancelled it and shuttled us down to Manchester to fly at a later time on another flight. Lost out on a days holiday and only got £50 in compensation and a £20 voucher for the airport.

On Saturday, January 14, 2017 at 12:35, welshbairn said:

My thing is being called through the gate and forced to stand on a stairway or shivering outside before the plane has even landed. Ryanair are particularly bad for it.

Ryanairs brilliant policy of planes don't make money sat on tarmac at work.

I'm amazed they haven't designed it so people get off the front door as folk get on the backdoor yet.

When folk don't load the cutlery in the dishwasher properly. We've not long joined the 20th century and got one fitted but the rest of the family just haven't sussed the etiquette yet.
Handles up surely and knives together, spoons together etc. Takes seconds to grab a handful from each section and stick them in the drawer that way. Nothing worse than grabbing for them, stabbing your fingers and then having to take them out individually to move to the drawer because they've all been mixed up. Adds an unreasonable length of time to an already boring chore.
And don't get me started on folk not scraping their plates before they dump them in the machine.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

What's the story?

He parks across two bays in a car park to avoid the possibility of his getting scratched and sees nothing wrong with what he is doing

27 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

When folk don't load the cutlery in the dishwasher properly. We've not long joined the 20th century and got one fitted but the rest of the family just haven't sussed the etiquette yet.
Handles up surely and knives together, spoons together etc. Takes seconds to grab a handful from each section and stick them in the drawer that way. Nothing worse than grabbing for them, stabbing your fingers and then having to take them out individually to move to the drawer because they've all been mixed up. Adds an unreasonable length of time to an already boring chore.
And don't get me started on folk not scraping their plates before they dump them in the machine.

The dishwasher will be the reason the wife and I get a divorce, unbelievable levels of laziness when she "loads" it.

He parks across two bays in a car park to avoid the possibility of his getting scratched and sees nothing wrong with what he is doing

Perfectly reasonable provided there's plenty of other parking spaces. The car the guy owns isn't particularly cheap, and I don't see why he shouldn't avoid it being damaged by the kind of morons that park up in supermarkets and let their kids throw the doors open.

33 minutes ago, dee_62 said:

My now ex-wife used to give me hard time for putting breakfast plates, with the remains of fried egg yoke stuck on them, in the dishwasher without rinsing them first. If you're going to do that why bother putting them in?

In fact why not just rinse everything and not bother with a f'king dishwasher?

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

My now ex-wife used to give me hard time for putting breakfast plates, with the remains of fried egg yoke stuck on them, in the dishwasher without rinsing them first. If you're going to do that why bother putting them in?

Or do this.

I resisted a dishwasher for years (I'm the designated dishwasher in the house and was quite happy using the sink).

The reason for rinsing first is because the detritus ends up sitting in the filter or at the base of the machine, it doesn't disappear and muggins has to fish it out. (Although yolk should've been ok - she sounds like a nutter!)

Perfectly reasonable provided there's plenty of other parking spaces. The car the guy owns isn't particularly cheap, and I don't see why he shouldn't avoid it being damaged by the kind of morons that park up in supermarkets and let their kids throw the doors open.

16k that is what his car is worth, it was his "f**k everyone else" attitude that what makes him a cock

2 hours ago, dee_62 said:

I despise people who don't rinse plates. Whilst at university one of my flat mates was dreadful for it, it clogs the machine up with manly food and absolutely stinks every time it's opened. Unbelievable laziness.

However, I've somehow never thought of putting the cutlery into the washer in an order. You sir, have just changed my life.