Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've been on holiday this week so my wife and I have agreed that each day one of us will get up with the baby and the other can stay sleeping until 9 or so. Without fail this week the days it's my turn she's been up between 6 and 7:30, on my wife's days she's stayed asleep until past 8.

It's got to the point, as I sit plying my daughter with cheese to keep her occupied, that I'm wondering if my wife is deliberately waking her up so she can have a couple of hours in the bed on her own.

I'm fine once I'm up. I actually enjoy it. Getting to talk to them, read them books, play with them, it's fun. But fuck me the getting up is torture. At that point I hate them, and I mean that sincerely.

Anyway, the missus is up now. She's allowed me a cheeky wee hour took sit in bed with some toast and bacon, cup of tea. Life is OK again.

My son has always been an early riser. 5.45-6am not unusual. Thankfully he's old enough now to go watch tv. 

Christ. That's brutal.

My two get up at about half 7 on weekdays and normally stay in bed a touch longer at the weekend. That appear to be changing.

Next weekend we've got a dirty weekend in Perth. (Actually less dirty more sleepy).

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Christ. That's brutal.

My two get up at about half 7 on weekdays and normally stay in bed a touch longer at the weekend. That appear to be changing.

Next weekend we've got a dirty weekend in Perth. (Actually less dirty more sleepy).

I've given up hope of it being later

He'll sleep longer when he's on solids........

Once his teeth are in......

once running about......

once in school, he'll be exhausted and sleep longer......

Nope! When can I send him out on paper round? 

1 minute ago, Rowan said:

once running about......

He has dentures?

3 minutes ago, Rowan said:

once running about......

One of my sons was a pre-6am riser as a baby.

he's now 9, and if he goes beyond 6.30 before getting up, that's like a long lie.

Showers where the floor is just a flat continuation the bathroom floor. Essentially nothing but a shower head and a bit of glass in the corner of the room, particularly those with a gap underneath just to help flood the room even more.

Eta: Also, TVs with stupid multiple remote control setups (in my mum's case: one for the TV, one for the Sky box and another for some surround sound thing).

You'd think that pushing the power button on each would be enough to get it up and running with ease, but noooo...

Floury rolls being used for a bacon roll.

I used to think these abominations, often unpleasantly referred to as baps, were only commonplace South of the border, but I've encountered them in places up here too. Peggy Scott's near Forfar being one such establishment. It's like eating bacon surrounded by cotton wool. Horrible.

Floury rolls being used for a bacon roll.
I used to think these abominations, often unpleasantly referred to as baps, were only commonplace South of the border, but I've encountered them in places up here too. Peggy Scott's near Forfar being one such establishment. It's like eating bacon surrounded by cotton wool. Horrible.

Well fired roll, real butter and broon sauce is the right way to have a bacon roll.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Well fired roll, real butter and broon sauce is the right way to have a bacon roll.

I've actually never had a well-fired roll. I like burnt toast though, so I reckon I'd like them. I tend to get those morning rolls that newsagents and so on stock. The ones with quite crispy tops and a decent chewy texture to the bread. You don't seem to be able to get a decent roll from a supermarket.

I've actually never had a well-fired roll. I like burnt toast though, so I reckon I'd like them. I tend to get those morning rolls that newsagents and so on stock. The ones with quite crispy tops and a decent chewy texture to the bread. You don't seem to be able to get a decent roll from a supermarket.

Spare a thought for us in Dundee. Those rolls don't exist anywhere!

It's the only thing I miss about the west coast. All my relatives have to bring a bag of paper shop rolls on every visit.