Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

And people who think a gluten free diet means healthy when it only is for about 1% of the population with Celiac Disease, the rest will get an increased risk of diabetes by following it. 

Reveal hidden contents

So the Daily Mail says anyway. And the New Scientist, I checked.

Low gluten diets may be associated with higher risk of type 2 diabetes http://newsroom.heart.org/news/low-gluten-diets-may-be-associated-with-higher-risk-of-type-2-diabetes?preview=076d

14 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Refs red-dotting players is never gonna end well.

At least its easy to know who their employers are and thus easier to phone and grass on them

7 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Instead of cards refs should impose shariah law. I'm in a c**t of a mood. Someone cloned my bank details but instead of giving me the thief's details they gave me back my money. Some drunk appears to have fallen on my car bonnet, denting it (not long after some tit reversed into it). My football team spent the week saying they were looking forward to the run-in then promptly lost to some Ayrshire Juniors mob, I've got a cat who wakes my dog up at 5am every day and tells him its breakfast time so I'm permanently knackered. I've got to do some work qualifications this year which will severely limit my leisure time, and as we know, work is the enemy of the drinking classes. 

And you've got those shoes

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

At least its easy to know who their employers are and thus easier to phone and grass on them

And you've got those shoes

I think I was hungover. Feel good today. Sold my car yesterday within about an hour of posting the ad too so I've little to complain about today. 

9 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

Why not? They already have caffeine shampoo & ones with vitamins, both of which do the sum total of zero but people (usually Heat readers) fall for them every time.  The active ingredients in shampoos are detergents; the active ingredients in conditioners are polymers coating what is dead cells (ie. your hair).

I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm just saying it's petty and gets on my nerves

Advert breaks that look as if they've finished (you see the channel ID) but instead you get a trailer for a programme that isn't even on for another week. Makes it a bugger to fast-forward through.

Two things .

Guys who wear short sleeved shirts with suit and guys who wear button down collar shirts but don't button down the collar

If it's a guy wearing a short sleeved button down collar shirt with a suit and he hasn't buttoned down the collar , he deserves to be disembowelled 

15 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Two things .

Guys who wear short sleeved shirts with suit and guys who wear button down collar shirts but don't button down the collar

If it's a guy wearing a short sleeved button down collar shirt with a suit and he hasn't buttoned down the collar , he deserves to be disembowelled 

To be on the safe side it would be best to behead anyone with a short sleeved shirt or a button down collar. 

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

And people who think a gluten free diet means healthy when it only is for about 1% of the population with Celiac Disease, the rest will get an increased risk of diabetes by following it. 

Hide contents

So the Daily Mail says anyway. And the New Scientist, I checked.

This is true. If someone tells you they're gluten intolerant, ask them if they have Celiac Disease, if they say no then your next response is a solid kick to the pie.

The 'EICA Climbing Arena' sign on the M8. That's a sign for the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena Climbing Arena.

Along the same lines, folk that say "PIN number'.

Probs so people staring it trying to decipher what EICA may mean know it's the climbing centre? I tend to say PIN but some folk haven't a clue what you're on about unless you say PIN number which is odd since they're paying by card and obvs should be familiar with how that works.

The 'EICA Climbing Arena' sign on the M8. That's a sign for the Edinburgh International Climbing Arena Climbing Arena.

Also, along the same lines are folk that say "PIN number".

Used to do car mechanics at college and the one that wound me up was when people asked what the cars VIN number was.

7 hours ago, GordonD said:

Advert breaks that look as if they've finished (you see the channel ID) but instead you get a trailer for a programme that isn't even on for another week. Makes it a bugger to fast-forward through.

Or they put on an ad for the programme you're currently watching thus making you press play, only to find there are still two ads to go. 

Its almost like it's intentional