Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That British army advert.
A soldier sings badly and another soldier says he sounds like a dying cow.

HAHAHAHAHA what great banter! Where can I sign up to potentially be blown up in a developing country half way across the world?!

26 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Like when managers/players talk about "the football club", why must this commentator say "what a golf shot!" I am watching the golf mate, I wasnt expecting a fucking cricket shot

They are also paid to "win football matches".

Lothian buses especially single deckers that have the heating on full blast in the middle of summer. like the fucking arctic in winter but come summer time, lets get the heating on. The number 16 bus stinks enough of weed, BO and piss/shit without the sauna effect compounding the aroma. the number 12 coming into seafield is like an indian shithouse

Pubs/restaurants that display their prices on the menu as '4.5' instead of £4.50.
Four and a half what? Bananas? Give us a clue as to which units of currency you accept or which bartering system you wish to proceed with.

Or simply the .5

Clocked this last night where the dish was advertised as £13.5 and I had this thread in mind.

1 minute ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Lothian buses especially single deckers that have the heating on full blast in the middle of summer. like the fucking arctic in winter but come summer time, lets get the heating on. The number 16 bus stinks enough of weed, BO and piss/shit without the sauna effect compounding the aroma. the number 12 coming into seafield is like an indian shithouse

Are the windows down?

2 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

What do you mean, forgive my stupidness

You have a lot to learn about this site. :lol:

ETA: Maybe there was something needing fixed on the bus. The all encompassing solution to everything on here is 'heating on full blast, windaes doon'.

Edited by Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo

15 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

You have a lot to learn about this site. :lol:

ETA: Maybe there was something needing fixed on the bus. The all encompassing solution to everything on here is 'heating on full blast, windaes doon'.

much to learn I have. I have picked up that grimbo has absolutely no morals and 8mile is a walter mitty

I was on the X95 going from Edinburgh to the borders a few summers back. It was absolutely sweltering and I was the only person who was young enough to actually have to pay to use the bus. After about twenty minutes on the hot bus going down the windy borders roads I stood up and opened the window near me for some much needed fresh air. At that moment it felt as if every set of eyes on the bus turned to look at me with expressions on their faces that seemed to be saying 'how dare you?'. I sat back down and one of the old ladies stood up, hobbled over to the very same window, closed it, and sat back down again. Horrible bus.

48 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I was on the X95 going from Edinburgh to the borders a few summers back. It was absolutely sweltering and I was the only person who was young enough to actually have to pay to use the bus. After about twenty minutes on the hot bus going down the windy borders roads I stood up and opened the window near me for some much needed fresh air. At that moment it felt as if every set of eyes on the bus turned to look at me with expressions on their faces that seemed to be saying 'how dare you?'. I sat back down and one of the old ladies stood up, hobbled over to the very same window, closed it, and sat back down again. Horrible bus.

I hope you opened it again. And sat beside the window so she couldn't get near it.

9 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

Pubs/restaurants that display their prices on the menu as '4.5' instead of £4.50.

Four and a half what? Bananas? Give us a clue as to which units of currency you accept or which bartering system you wish to proceed with.

I'm inclined to think they've put their menu together using a spreadsheet and somebody couldn't be arsed setting the cell type to 'currency'.

No idea why, but I know some European countries use a comma instead of a decimal point (€3,40), but I've seen an apostrophe used instead once or twice (£4'90). Is this an actual thing done by any society, or the hallmark of a confused fuckwit? I fancy slipping in a cheeky interrobang if we're allowed to use any punctuation we feel like.

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I was tempted but I was going to be staying in the borders for a few days and didn't want to piss off the locals in case word got round and they'd have a wickerman waiting for me.

Not the Borders, but...