Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I have today off and had planned to go away for a couple of nights' camping. Ended up going out on the lash last night instead of packing and now, even though I'm up early, I just cannot be arsed moving. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee and am already trying to rationalise changing it to one night's camping.

I have today off and had planned to go away for a couple of nights' camping. Ended up going out on the lash last night instead of packing and now, even though I'm up early, I just cannot be arsed moving. I'm on my fourth cup of coffee and am already trying to rationalise changing it to one night's camping.

Take a big drink of that coffee and get on your way, camper.

I would be as well running  round macheteing every person in the building and putting their still warm corpses in a big pile outside the front door.  That would be better received by our financial administrators than having the audacity to actually book something myself (and actually saving the ungrateful c***s money) without going through the relevant administrative channels.

So it's a work trip and not a personal one? Then shut yer hole and do as your told, Mullarkey!

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer said:

He's been selected to chose new reclining chairs for the office.

He should have said.
There's the Reclining Chairs Hut, that's on third.
There's Reclining Chairs-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the
Reclining Chairs complex on third.
The Reclining Chairs district!

"Premium" "Exclusive" "Elite" "Gold" All those meaningless marketing words people use to try and get people to go from say a regular version of something to a pointless more expensive version of something, be it software, flights or just about anything these days. Used to be when you bought anything you just got what you paid for, these days its a barebones version that has had so many features ripped out that it can barely be called functional, just to try and blackmail you into forking over more money for the thing that you thought you were getting in the first place.

That's all Americans then. It's utterly baffling as well.

I remember seeing a comedian at a fringe variety show I think from Canada called Craig something, he pronounced it Kreg. His opening line was 'I love being in The UK, it's the only country where the people correct me on the pronunciation of my own name.'