Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Today my company announced the Instant Message programme we use is now available for download to our (personal) mobile phones. The idea I suppose, is so that we can be interrupted with incessant questions and time consuming requests for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rather than just when we're actually trying to work. We had a departmental conference call and some of the brown-nosers were glowing about how convenient it is. Feck off, all of ye's.

I'm contemplating using an old phone as a 'work phone' and just giving everyone at work (aside from the folk I see outside of work) that number and just having it switched off unless I'm actually in the building. I'm sick of people seeming to think I should care about work when I'm not there.

The other one that pisses me off is Facebook. Some people I work with I actively hate, but I can spend five days a week pretending I don't, but the last thing I want is that c**t to add me on Facebook and think I care about his stupid fucking selfies or statuses about having a 'cheeky Sambuca with the girls' (who of course are all guys). Ugh. Twats. And they are so fucking nice to everyone and about everyone. It's not normal. You are Scottish. You aren't supposed to like people. I miss Aberdeen.

Absolutely f**k all but bullet points of generic skills and details of every job they have ever had which appears to change on a monthly basis.
ive just realised they've also submitted a 3 page cover letter as well.
Buffoons.

Did he have 'detail oriented' as one of those skills?

4 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Did he have 'detail oriented' as one of those skills?

I wonder if he has excellent oral and written communication skills. Anyway; I once saw a CV on which a wumman had included photos of her kids. Which was really quite helpful because it let us know she'd be the type to take time off whenever one of them had a baseball game, a school concert or a sniffle. Into the bin it went. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Some useless c**t (not me for a change)

Absolutely f**k all but bullet points of generic skills and details of every job they have ever had which appears to change on a monthly basis.

ive just realised they've also submitted a 3 page cover letter as well.

Buffoons.

I fucking hate the OF and all that they stand for. Do I get the job?

It's a burd who has "a wealth of professional experience (lies), strategic planning skills (no evidence), experience of working with stakeholders (blah blah blah) as nauseum"

I'll report back tomorrow on the pressing question everyone wants the answer to.

Give her a kick in the pie from me please.

This sort of disgrace will probably be standard post-Brexit fare.

#bringbackourpolishtradesmen

My abiding memory was that telly was shit for ages as anything that could loosely be interpreted as related to the accident got canned.

I don't even have to look it up that it happened on Sunday the 31st August. This was the morning of my brother's birthday and we're still raging that they cancelled those morning cartoons.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It's a burd who has "a wealth of professional experience (lies), strategic planning skills (no evidence), experience of working with stakeholders (blah blah blah) as nauseum"

I'll report back tomorrow on the pressing question everyone wants the answer to.

Let us know if she has good oral skills.

This sort of disgrace will probably be standard post-Brexit fare.

#bringbackourpolishtradesmen

I don't even have to look it up that it happened on Sunday the 31st August. This was the morning of my brother's birthday and we're still raging that they cancelled those morning cartoons.

My mum had the VCR set that morning as my school was featured on Fully Booked (Grant Stott thing with Morag the Cow - what do you mean you don't remember?) that morning.

She was raging when it was replaced by wall to wall coverage of that bint.

My mum made me sit in silence and watch the news all morning whilst telling me how important it was.

I fucking hated it.

Without the silence bit, I'll be doing similar with my weans.

Multi channel TV has had an impact on the general clued-in-ness of the general population.

9 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Even though he was 32...