Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Not meaning this as a dig at you, Hazel, but why go into your work if you have the 'flu?

Basically today we were short staffed as it was and our department are the ones who provide the servces that the department needs to run - Main Reception cover, HCC Switchboard cover, all incoming and outgoing mail done, typing, staffing stuff etc so i couldn't afford to take the day off.

I also haven't been off sick yet and do my best to make it to work - and let's face it if i didn't go to work today i couldn't go to the game tonight, and whilst i didn't intend on going i always had the option that i could go if i felt like it. Unfortunately i am even more fucked for going, but it's my own fault.

My boss offered to send me home, but i stayed in - but it's slightly more annoying that one girl who phoned in sick yesterday and today was seen shopping in town with her boyfriend at lunchtime which makes me angry cos whilst i felt like shit, kept contact with others in the dept very minimal and soldiered through the day she had pulled a sickie skyving - if she had been there i wouldn't have felt so bad going home, if you get what i mean?

i guess i kinda follow my dad in the work sense - i don't take a day ill unless i am nearly dying from it! :lol:

Renfrewshire Council digging up half of Renfrew and basically buggering up the bus routes. :angry: Had to walk up to the stop after the war memorial this morning as all the stops from the ferry up are closed. And we were packed in like sardines when the bus eventually came - and in this weather too! The inside of the bus was like a steamie! :(

Quite ironic. It's usually the other way round. :lol:

I really do despair if I have to phone a call centre based in Asia. It's not racist, just wrong. In fact there should be a list of companies who have shut down centres here and opened them abroad to exploit the cheaper labour (if there is please let me know)

The reason I refuse to shop in Tesco is due to teh m moving their call centres to India.

Not because I have anything against Indians, but theyre a British based company until they give their call centre jobs to British citizens, they aint geting a penny of my money.

On another note. I cant understand why people are rude to call centre workers.

If you have a problem the WORST thing you can do is become angry and start shouting the odds.

The person on the other end of the line will just make your life even more difficult.

Ive found that if your really polite then the person will try harder to help you out.

My dr just trippled one of my medications, put me back on anthoer which I was off and it seems as though the Priory have totally screwed up my funding and I am sat here with a bill for £105 that I may have to fork out for. :bairn:bairn:angry:

And the screw up lies firmly at the foot of my wholey incopetnet key therapist whom I thought I had seen the back of and I wasn't going to make a formal complaint about the way she treated me but this might jut tip me over edge.

I need chocolate and a hug! :(

My dr just trippled one of my medications, put me back on anthoer which I was off and it seems as though the Priory have totally screwed up my funding and I am sat here with a bill for £105 that I may have to fork out for. :bairn:bairn:angry:

And the screw up lies firmly at the foot of my wholey incopetnet key therapist whom I thought I had seen the back of and I wasn't going to make a formal complaint about the way she treated me but this might jut tip me over edge.

I need chocolate and a hug! :(

:thumbsdown

Have an e-hug. :)

This is the 5th week of my holidays and I have to go back to work on Monday.

Im pretty pissed off about that.

Long holidays are great, but it makes going back that much worse. :(

5 Bloody weeks? :huh: what do you do for a living?

5 Bloody weeks? :huh: what do you do for a living?

Im an Instrument Artificer at a local chemical works in Grangemouth.

I work days but have been covering alot of shifts to help the shift guys get holidays. (days is 7.2 hours but a shift is 12.33hrs)

So I built up loads of time and my gaffer asked me to use it up before the end of the year.

I also have 4 week in at X-mas and have 8 days left to take whenever! :)

Edited by MattBairn

The plumber has gone home - he's spent a whole day removing one toilet, one sink and one bath. We now have the new toilet and new bath sitting in place, but the bath isn't plumbed in and the toilet is but is leaking water. Oh, and you have to squat when you want to go to to the toilet. Now, my guessing is the guy ok'd this with my dad.

So, he may not want to brush his teeth, or have a shower, or have a wash but god knows I do. I now have to knock on my neighbours door in the morning to ask if I can use her shower!

The plumber has gone home - he's spent a whole day removing one toilet, one sink and one bath. We now have the new toilet and new bath sitting in place, but the bath isn't plumbed in and the toilet is but is leaking water. Oh, and you have to squat when you want to go to to the toilet. Now, my guessing is the guy ok'd this with my dad.

So, he may not want to brush his teeth, or have a shower, or have a wash but god knows I do. I now have to knock on my neighbours door in the morning to ask if I can use her shower!

Not being cheeky here, but did you really expect everything to be done in 1 day? :unsure::unsure: especially since you were complaining earlier that there was a lot of work to be done/problems with your bathroom :unsure:

Edited by bluetooner

Not being cheeky here, but did you really expect everything to be done in 1 day? :unsure::unsure: especially since you were complaining earlier that there was a lot of work to be done/problems with your bathroom :unsure:

I had my bath removed and replaced about 6 months ago.

But due to the size of my bathroom (small) the sink and toilet had to be removed too.

It took a 3days to do the entire job (including tiling etc) which I thought was ok.

Being in the maintenance business, coupled with the fact that Im redoing my own kitchen I appreciate how unforseen problems can add hours and even days onto jobs.

Edited by MattBairn

I had my bath removed and replaced about 6 months ago.

But due to the size of my bathroom (small) the sink and toilet had to be removed too.

It took a 3days to do the entire job (including tiling etc) which I thought was ok.

Being in the maintenance business, coupled with the fact that Im redoing my own kitchen I appreciate how unforseen problems can add hours and even days onto jobs.

I know, i used to work with people in my uncles business and it always took them 2-3 days to get a bathroom completely finished, even if it was small. Even when they did our Bathroom it took 3 days, and thats with a red hot poker up their arse to get it done quickly since we were family. (thankfully we had a 2nd bathroom however)

I know, i used to work with people in my uncles business and it always took them 2-3 days to get a bathroom completely finished, even if it was small. Even when they did our Bathroom it took 3 days, and thats with a red hot poker up their arse to get it done quickly since we were family. (thankfully we had a 2nd bathroom however)

Yeah, same here. We had teh en-suite that we could use.

It was a godsend, as I doubt my flatemate would have been impressed if the loo was out of commission for 3 days! :P