Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest Adam Wee

I'd never even thinking of tipping delivery people!

They are doing their job, that's what they are paid for!

You could argue that waiters/waitresses, taxi drivers etc.... shouldn't get a tip then.

Guest Adam Wee

You all realise that if you are a regular customer, and you do not tip the delivery man, he has plenty of time to houk up a greener and spit in your grub before he makes delivery? :lol:

Yup, I mean, my large mixed kebab came to £5.50 there, I gave him a five pound note and a pound coin. Are you seriously going to cry parting with 50p?

Yup, I mean, my large mixed kebab came to £5.50 there, I gave him a five pound note and a pound coin. Are you seriously going to cry parting with 50p?

Precisely. They get about £1 if they're lucky per delivery. Tip them for fuxake!

Talking about people who are just doing their job, what really annoys me is when your in a plane and you've just landed and a round of appluase breaks out for the pilot. :angry: Why? he is only doing his job. Would you clap a checkout assistant when they put through your shopping? no. Would you appluad the delivery guy when he hands over your dinner? no so why appluad the pilot. Gets right on my tits.

Talking about people who are just doing their job, what really annoys me is when your in a plane and you've just landed and a round of appluase breaks out for the pilot. :angry: Why? he is only doing his job. Would you clap a checkout assistant when they put through your shopping? no. Would you appluad the delivery guy when he hands over your dinner? no so why appluad the pilot. Gets right on my tits.

I'm sorry that's my fault. I remember being amazed that people did this the first time I flew. As such as it began to fall by the wayside with more and more people getting used to flying more often I do it at every opportunity to see how many fannies join in. Every time :(

Maybe because with the others, you're not in a situation where one error could mean your death. ;)

Well, unless the checkout assistant drops a bag full of tins onto your head from a great height..... :ph34r:

oh aye, landing a plane is a piece off piss isnt it? :rolleyes:

I make the point of clapping first when the pilot has landed, and get a warm glow of satisfaction as the morons around me do it too.

In a similar vein, i was once in the Museum of Modern Art in Edinburgh with some mates. We decided to see just exactly how many people were morons just trying to look intelligent in the place to impress their bird.

So we went into one display room and went over to the window and stared at the radiator intently, as though it were an exhibit.

Sure enough, the next folk that walked in came right over and started murmuring appreciatively as they admired the heater. Morons. :lol:

When your watching the football (on TV) and when there's a close-up on someone in the far side taking a throw in, there's people behind waving their arms about, knowing their on camera. Point in it? :lol:

To look like a fanny.

Obviously, these people may have to do that to look like a fanny on TV, unlike Paul le Guen - he just needs to pick a Rangers 11 to do the job for him :)

oh aye, landing a plane is a piece off piss isnt it? :rolleyes:

If youve been trained to do it and have done it countless times then yes it probably is. Im pretty sure if you ask a checkout assistant if they could put through someones shopping and giv eout cashback first time they woulda said no but after having training and done it countless times they do it without error.

If youve been trained to do it and have done it countless times then yes it probably is. Im pretty sure if you ask a checkout assistant if they could put through someones shopping and giv eout cashback first time they woulda said no but after having training and done it countless times they do it without error.

:blink:

Nobody knows how to do things before they're taught - what's your point?

Fact of the matter is that when you get into a plane, your life is in the hands of the captain and his crew. Applauding upon landing is a way of showing your appreciation of your safe arrival at your destination. I'm surprised anyone needs to question why it's more appropriate there than when you go shopping to Tesco.

Guest Adam Wee

It is the most pointless thing in the world. The pilot surely won't be able to hear it!

True, but there are less pointless things than that. Airdrie, for example.