Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

:lol::lol:

We have a 'line' of seats in our office where 3 of the burds who sit in the line all fell pregnant. Another one in the line has recently discovered she is also preggers and a guy who sits in the same line of seats wife is pregnant.

Right, for fuxake. 4 of my pals are now preganant - add that to the 3 burds in the team at work and then something like 14 burds overall in the one department at work it's becoming a JOKE. What the f**k is going on. Well, i know what's going on, but jesus f**k!

However, we did have a pre "wet the baby's head" practice run on the news of the pregnancy todya :D

JASON FUCKING SCOTLAND! :angry:

Just heard he hit Supergran on Saturday, what a dick :angry::P

What she done up at the park on Monday too at the park was just brilliant! She's soooooo rude and gets away with it!

I'm ashamed to call my meeja tart grandmother, granny! :P:lol:

She's a legend is supergran! B)

The wall that accommodates the electric shower is made of plasterboard, with a thin skimming on top of it, and due maybe to a leak at some stage - I don't know - but just below the shower it has disintegrated and the process of removing the tiles practically destroyed it and left a gaping hole - there is another hole in another part of the wall. Indeed, there are six tiles still there that we couldn't remove without pealing the plasterboard away entirely. The wall opposite that is the stone wall, and there was only a thin skimming on top of that as well, which just disintegrated when the tiles were removed.

(The previous owner of the house was a keen DIY guy, and was very, very bad at it, we've already found random wires hanging about inside the ceiling, and very dodgy plug extensions - and what have you.)

Now, it's pretty obvious the wall where the shower is fitted need some professional help, but I dunno what to do. Will they be able to just fix the two holes, or will they need to rip the whole wall down and replace it? But then they can't do that until the bath and shower are removed and obviously the shower can't be removed by anyone other than an electrician and the bath by a plumber and arggggggggggggggggh. My brain is frying. I have a sick feeling that the whole wall will need re-done which will not only eat into our budget but will cause problems in itself because we'll either need to cancel the installation job, or try and get everyone there on the same day to fix it all in unison - which isn't going to be very likely.

When we had our new bathrooms put into our flat and our house we had the same problem. We have a great guy who does all our work in the house. He simply patched the holes. He cut the hole into a square and then poped a new bit of plasterboard into it.

But we had one man doing the whole job and he only charged £500! May be different if you have a plumbing company, tiling company etc. Might be an idea to phone the tiler and ask him if he can patch it.

:blink:

Nobody knows how to do things before they're taught - what's your point?

Fact of the matter is that when you get into a plane, your life is in the hands of the captain and his crew. Applauding upon landing is a way of showing your appreciation of your safe arrival at your destination. I'm surprised anyone needs to question why it's more appropriate there than when you go shopping to Tesco.

Can they not land on automatic with the airport beacon, should you not find out if this was used before any clapping. :P

Can they not land on automatic with the airport beacon, should you not find out if this was used before any clapping. :P

They clapped at the end of Snakes On A Plane, so I'm convinced this is the way to go.

When we had our new bathrooms put into our flat and our house we had the same problem. We have a great guy who does all our work in the house. He simply patched the holes. He cut the hole into a square and then poped a new bit of plasterboard into it.

But we had one man doing the whole job and he only charged £500! May be different if you have a plumbing company, tiling company etc. Might be an idea to phone the tiler and ask him if he can patch it.

Problems sorted - we have one company doing all of the work. To remove the old bathroom suite, old shower, replace waste pipework, fit new bathroom suite, new electric shower, fix the plaster on the walls and do the tiling, it's coming in at £841.50 - a reduction from the initial price because we're allowing them to bring an apprentice up for the installation of the suite.

I suggested they would just cut away the two big holes of bad plasterboard, and pop new bits into it but my dad said they couldn't do that. I should have known he was talking rubbish after watching the way he tried to remove tiles from the wall before me showing him how to do it. :rolleyes::lol:

We're having my uncle fit the new kitchen (he did our last one) and all of the new wood that's going around doors and floors so the kitchen should come in hopefully a bit cheaper than the bathroom has.

Edited by SaintSam

When your husband has taken both sets of keys rendering you stuck in the house with a hy[er puppy who is wanting her walk in the park. But no car keys to go and the park across from us is too small to give her a good run in.

Putting your mobile down somewhere and not being able to find it. and it's on silent!

Glad you got things sorted Sam :) that's a decent price to get a bathroom installed.

It's because they are all absolute slags and love a good creampie

:lol:

All at work are respecitbly married actually. Or 75% are.

However, out of my group of pals, you could be correct on two occasions!

My nag - I am seriously ill, i have the flu. it's the worst i have ever had, barely got enough energy to sit at the pc but i can't sleep and i couldn't take today off (due to being seen in the pub last night absolutely shteamin and workload) and tomorrow there is no hope in hell of me being able to stay off. Bring on wednesday!

I've been sickl 6 times since i got in at 6pm! :(