Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Also people going all the way round large roundabouts and turning off without ever attempting to use the indicator.

That pisses off pedestrian's as well. <_< Trying to cross Alderman Road going to/from work and you think the last car is coming so you carry on waiting, then it speeds off round the roundabout away from you so you could have crossed earlier all the time. I'm supposed to risk my life guessing which way you're going to go then?! <_< Knob-ends! :angry:

Aye those ones plus the ones just outside Inverness. Also why the changing of the speed limit at certain points along the road. You would think that they're trying to catch you speeding. <_<

The road changes from 70 to 60 to 70 again because national speed limit on a single carriageway is only 60mph, national speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph. I bet cameras on the A9 are probably right up there with the A90 on the number of people speeding they clock. The number of people who don't actually know why it's 60 on a single track instead of 70 is ridiculous! :lol:

The road changes from 70 to 60 to 70 again because national speed limit on a single carriageway is only 60mph, national speed limit on a dual carriageway is 70mph. I bet cameras on the A9 are probably right up there with the A90 on the number of people speeding they clock. The number of people who don't actually know why it's 60 on a single track instead of 70 is ridiculous! :lol:

The 70mph on a Dual Carriageway only applies if there's a central reservation. Are there any Dual Carriageway sections of the A9 without one?

People at traffic lights that don't realise that when the lights have just turned to red they don't actually need to keep their foot on the fcuking foot brake, especially at night in the pissing rain.

**Use the hand-brake you fcuking tool.**

I usually start a thread about this every year, just after the clocks go back!

One of my pet hates! :angry:

I think you'll find a large percentage of the P&B masses are guilty of this, as revealled in a thread about hand-brake use!

You know who you are! <_<

I usually start a thread about this every year, just after the clocks go back!

One of my pet hates! :angry:

I think you'll find a large percentage of the P&B masses are guilty of this, as revealled in a thread about hand-brake use!

You know who you are! <_<

I'd like to add to that.

Why do people have their bloody fog lights on in the mornings when it is (at worst) very slightly dark? Don't they realise that fog lights are for use with fog? The clue is in the name you fuckers!! :angry:

Are some parts of the M8 not actually 50mph? The number of speed changes on the road through Glasgow to Paisley/Greenock is incredible!

This was on the East - bound carriageway, opposite the Kirk O'Shotts, where it is uninterrupted 70 for a considerable amount of miles. <_<

( a little basic geographic nous would have been able to work that out from my post! ;)

I'd like to add to that.

Why do people have their bloody fog lights on in the mornings when it is (at worst) very slightly dark? Don't they realise that fog lights are for use with fog? The clue is in the name you fuckers!! :angry:

I've lost count of the amount of people I know with Saxos, 106s etc. who call these "spotlights" and drive with them on all the time. Muppets.

The 70mph on a Dual Carriageway only applies if there's a central reservation. Are there any Dual Carriageway sections of the A9 without one?

That's quite correct - and people often don't realise that even if a carriageway has two lanes going in the same direction, or even two in each direction :smartass , if it doesn't have a central reservation it's still classed as a single carriageway.

This was on the East - bound carriageway, opposite the Kirk O'Shotts, where it is uninterrupted 70 for a considerable amount of miles. <_<

( a little basic geographic nous would have been able to work that out from my post! ;)

My geography isn't great - not as bad as ShetlandBairn yet though, I still know where Glasgow and Edinburgh are! :lol:

No one actually obeys the speed limits anyway, on the way down to Middlesbrough there was not one speed camera. People were overtaking me at about 110mph.

Bascially everyone I know speeds when it is 'safe' to do so. On a motorway on a clear day you can be driving at about 90,ph and still be fully in control of the car. You just have to have a keen eye for speed cameras.

If you went down the A1, there are dozens of cameras! :unsure:

Anyhoo, my post last night was moaning about someone dawdling along at 45mph on the M8, which in a lot of was is more dangerous than doing 105.

The heavy traffic making it's way home from New Douglas Park ( or it might have been Celtic Park :rolleyes: ) was getting held back as he was effectively cutting the carriageway down to one lane. If I'd been traffic police I'd have pulled him over! <_<

As we're on the subject of speed.

For anyone travelling along the A90 to Aberdeen - you are quite safe travelling up to 80mph. I got this directly from a motorcycle cop as he was doing me for speeding on this road. I was doing 84.05 apparently. The cameras might flash at you but according to him you will only get done if you're over 80.

Now dont get me started on those feckin average speed cameras. They are the work of satan :angry:

No one actually obeys the speed limits anyway, on the way down to Middlesbrough there was not one speed camera. People were overtaking me at about 110mph.

And ye were giving it at about 75-90mph a lot of the way ;)

And the road we went was the M74/M6 to Penrith-quite why you decided to go back up the A1 home is still a mystery to me :lol:

The only signpost out of there was 'North' and it automatically took you to the A1

I'm quite sure there was a sliproad for the A66 (the way we had come via Darlo) and you missed it,instead heading for the A1.

Not bothered though,was a lovely tour round the country and we made it home in one piece ;)

As we're on the subject of speed.

For anyone travelling along the A90 to Aberdeen - you are quite safe travelling up to 80mph. I got this directly from a motorcycle cop as he was doing me for speeding on this road. I was doing 84.05 apparently. The cameras might flash at you but according to him you will only get done if you're over 80.

Now dont get me started on those feckin average speed cameras. They are the work of satan :angry:

You are afforded ten per cent of the speed limit plus a further 2mph - apparently!!!

Anything under 80 sounds about right although on a slow day, a grumpy traffic officer will probably do you for 79mph. I don't really know anyone who has been done for speeding between 70 and 80mph. My uncle has been caught twice in a 70 zone doing 84 and 86. My driving instructor was done in a 50 zone doing 65.

Edited by SaintSam