Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This goes beyond petty tbh. The fuckwit drivers in this town struggle to manoevre around 2 lane roundabouts as it is. Now our moronic council have decided to almost encourage them doing it incorrectly by completely ballsing up the road markings. I wonder who would have to fit the bill if I went around that roundabout correctly and got hammered on the right hand side.

IMG_20180913_152937687.jpgrule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig.jpg

This goes beyond petty tbh. The fuckwit drivers in this town struggle to manoevre around 2 lane roundabouts as it is. Now our moronic council have decided to almost encourage them doing it incorrectly by completely ballsing up the road markings. I wonder who would have to fit the bill if I went around that roundabout correctly and got hammered on the right hand side.

IMG_20180913_152937687.thumb.jpg.666d83baeca569ce7a0de91e24ce43f9.jpgrule-185-follow-the-correct-procedure-at-roundabouts_orig.jpg.0872460d5bcc8a7d8b230853b6a0e572.jpg
That may not be incorrect though if the predominant traffic flow is for drivers to turn left at that particular roundabout. The general rules that the second diagram shows are trumped by signage. The one on the A92 at Kirkcaldy coming from Dunfermline allows you to turn right from both left and right lanes for instance.

That may not be incorrect though if the predominant traffic flow is for drivers to turn left at that particular roundabout. The general rules that the second diagram shows are trumped by signage. The one on the A92 at Kirkcaldy coming from Dunfermline allows you to turn right from both left and right lanes for instance.
Tbh, I'm at the stage now with roundabouts here that if someone is to my right on a two lane roundabout I just let them pull of first so I don't get battered in the side.

But FWIW, on that particular part the flow would be predominantly going straight over or right.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Councils have the right to mark roundabouts as they see fit to be fair. I do a bit of design work, and I can often mark them like that.

Councils have the right to mark roundabouts as they see fit to be fair. I do a bit of design work, and I can often mark them like that.
Why contradict the highway code though? Especially when most cars will go over or right. By doing that there they're more likely to have two lots of traffic queuing for the right hand lane whereas had they had left well alone and not made a complete arse of it the traffic would have flowed better.

9 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

Do you still use "Picardy" and "Arcady" for roundabout design these days?

1 hour ago, flyingscot said:

You would decide by criteria like traffic flow rather than just because you feel like it though?

Leaving the new hospital.

Seems perfectly reasonable to have it the way it is then. Left lane for traffic going up the Glen, right lane for the by-pass and Garroch Loaning. I’d imagine the Garroch Loaning exit will be least used, so doubt it requires its own lane.

Chocolate bars ARE getting smaller :angry:
Agreed. Bought some Jaffa Cakes last week. Apart from there only being about 8 in the packet they were about 5cm in diameter.

That's my excuse for scoffing the whole packet and I'm sticking to it.

Do it.

291EFF7C-800A-47D3-AB7B-AD5070CE71BB.thumb.jpeg.2c19d420a4493342deb5d11a0fe09153.jpeg
I did that once. Slammed the door with the string attached and the tooth stayed in. Didn't have the balls to try it again so went to take the string off the tooth and the tooth came out in the process. Result, 50p up the next morning B)