Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Got a mate not far off this. Will meet up with him every coupla months or so for a pint in a pub that's about half an hour away from me but across the road from him. He knows plenty other regulars so usually heads in before me by about ten minutes or so and I can tell if he got the last round last time we met up, even if it was months ago, because he will be sitting, at the bar, without a pint waiting on me getting a round in. If I got the last round last time he'll be halfway through his and have mine sitting there getting flat.
we often meet up with her mum and boyfriend on a friday after everyones done work. we got there before them the first night i went and were sat with her mums pals who are a couple. i had half a pint left when the bloke said "quick neck that so alan has to get the round in when he gets here". naturally i thought he was a c**t only to later find out alan is a round dodger and the group use that move to force him to get the beers in. c***s all round!

we often meet up with her mum and boyfriend on a friday after everyones done work. we got there before them the first night i went and were sat with her mums pals who are a couple. i had half a pint left when the bloke said "quick neck that so alan has to get the round in when he gets here". naturally i thought he was a c**t only to later find out alan is a round dodger and the group use that move to force him to get the beers in. c***s all round!
Necking a pint to stitch up a notorious round dodger is absolutely acceptable. Shite pub manners must be dealt with remorselessly.

hope you pulled him up on that? thats the definition of c**t behaviour!

Absolutely. He was effectively peer pressured in to buying a pint. There was genuine shock that he thought just bunging the guy £2 was a valid option though.

50 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its that bloody Riverdance shite they're playing over and over again.  I assume its another aerobics class. 

Advantage of Riverdance is that you don't have to put your kebab down when you're doing it

19 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
4 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
Got a mate not far off this. Will meet up with him every coupla months or so for a pint in a pub that's about half an hour away from me but across the road from him. He knows plenty other regulars so usually heads in before me by about ten minutes or so and I can tell if he got the last round last time we met up, even if it was months ago, because he will be sitting, at the bar, without a pint waiting on me getting a round in. If I got the last round last time he'll be halfway through his and have mine sitting there getting flat.

Have you told yer mate he is being a c**t?

Language, Timothy.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Nah. Shite mates again if that's the case.

If my mates changes his drink then so be it. If I want to change my drink then I will also.
If you insist on buying yer own then so be it.
Think I'm just a gud c**t.

Surely if you don't wanna be in a round you can just tell them?

I do if I'm just stopping for a couple, just seems a bit unsociable if it's a sesh. Usually just buy my own short between rounds if I want one. Hate that Sambucas all round lads thing, thankfully I'm past that age group.

Johnny Cash's claim that he'd been everywhere, yet could only only seem to run through a long list of cities across North America*.

Bloody American. 

*He included Argentina tbf, although I'm not particularly convinced that he actually did and may have made this up for nothing more than rhyming purposes.  Had he done so then you would think that he might have popped into one of the adjacent countries, particularly if you're going to be recording and distributing fairly bold statements such as "I've been everywhere".  Uruguay is just a hop, skip and a jump away from Buenos Aires after all.

I also find it suspicious that neither New York or Los Angeles make his list, these being the two largest cities at opposite ends of his own country that you think would deserve a mention.  Personally I think the c**t was at it.  Not once did I see him around Aberdeen, never mind Brechin. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

My local I’ll just drink with my mate and we’ll go for pint for pint, no drama. There’s 4 or 5 do a round but it’ll go from pint, to double nip, to jäger bomb every other drink so it’s a hassle (these are boys much older than myself and the day of the week makes no difference mind), but there’s also a few boys who’ll just buy themselves and avoid any grouping. Thinking about all that I’m wondering why I bother and how many boys all frequent the pub!