Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

27 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
3 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:
Facebook clogged up with TA guys saying that they have booked a flight to somewhere or "where's everybody staying in....".

No one gives a shit.

I don't have anyone on my Facebook who is saying this and I have people who are "Ta guys" on my Facebook

^^^ booked into all the wrong hotels IMO.

10 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Waking up an hour before the alarm is due to go off, and having to get up as you are bursting for a pee.

Waking up five minutes before your alarm is worse. Do you get out of bed then or go back to sleep till the alarm goes off?

1 hour ago, gc_smfc said:

Spent 30 minutes trying to do simple subtraction in Excel only to be returned with '#VALUE' for each result.

Only to finally discover Sweden uses ',' as the decimal separator instead of '.'.

Various European countries do this. Absolute deviants, the lot of them.

Spent 30 minutes trying to do simple subtraction in Excel only to be returned with '#VALUE' for each result.

Only to finally discover Sweden uses ',' as the decimal separator instead of '.'.

Various European countries do this. Absolute deviants, the lot of them.
Most European countries do - it's because for historical reasons, they use a dot to represent "multiplied by" while we use a cross - using a dot as a decimal separator won't work for them as 3.4 could mean 3×4. And yes, I know that is terribly geeky.

Most European countries do - it's because for historical reasons, they use a dot to represent "multiplied by" while we use a cross - using a dot as a decimal separator won't work for them as 3.4 could mean 3×4. And yes, I know that is terribly geeky.
They are quite clearly wrong. The real reason for Brexit.

It happening in Excel is total nonsense though, considering '*' is the multiplier function.