Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

kate humble is on BBC breakfast talking about her new book about walking.

The fucking bitch. My uncle has just released a book about walking as well. She's going to eat into his sales. 

23 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The fucking bitch. My uncle has just released a book about walking as well. She's going to eat into his sales. 

What about that Julia Bradbury? She has done some decent tv shows about walks. She's like the Nigella Lawson of walking. Any good looking guy or girl she meets in her shows gets eyed up and down. 

DoByKfhVAAA6hoE.jpg

Have had a bit of a falling out with one of my best mates this week.  An old school mate who used to come up to Aberdeen for a weekend and we'd go on a pub crawl.  This basically stopped when I got engaged as the money spent there was put to better use (honeymoon etc).

I got married at the end of March and he was a groomsman and all was fine.  Since then though we've not seen each other for numerous reasons: holidays, work, family and studying mainly.  So my wife and I invited him up to our house for a party before Christmas.  He replied saying that he'd like to come but only if we do the pub crawl just the two of us as he doesn't want to see my wife as he doesn't like her and thinks she doesn't like him (not true).  

I've no idea what he expected to gain by telling me this.  He literally could have used any excuse to request a pub crawl instead but has now put me in a shit position.   My other groomsman has also been ignoring me since the wedding as he was annoyed that he was kept apart from his partner on the day of the wedding.  He's only now just messaged in support of the other mate.

It's a grim moment when you realise that your mates are bellends.

I'm just generally having an utter shit time of it lately. I've had both my nephews in and out of hospital recently.  Have had to fork out  for a new boiler as the old one died suddenly about a week after we got half the house plastered.  Been trying to study for exams but have had a lot on my mind. Not sleeping right and struggling with things at work.

Basically I'm just having a shite time and needed to vent.  

Have had a bit of a falling out with one of my best mates this week.  An old school mate who used to come up to Aberdeen for a weekend and we'd go on a pub crawl.  This basically stopped when I got engaged as the money spent there was put to better use (honeymoon etc).
I got married at the end of March and he was a groomsman and all was fine.  Since then though we've not seen each other for numerous reasons: holidays, work, family and studying mainly.  So my wife and I invited him up to our house for a party before Christmas.  He replied saying that he'd like to come but only if we do the pub crawl just the two of us as he doesn't want to see my wife as he doesn't like her and thinks she doesn't like him (not true).  
I've no idea what he expected to gain by telling me this.  He literally could have used any excuse to request a pub crawl instead but has now put me in a shit position.   My other groomsman has also been ignoring me since the wedding as he was annoyed that he was kept apart from his partner on the day of the wedding.  He's only now just messaged in support of the other mate.
I'm just generally having an utter shit time of it lately. I've had both my nephews in and out of hospital recently.  Have had to fork out  for a new boiler as the old one died suddenly about a week after we got half the house plastered.  Been trying to study for exams but have had a lot on my mind. Not sleeping right and struggling with things at work.
you should have posted this in the c***s thread!

weddings seem to bring the c**t out in people. sad but well known fact.

Ok, just breathe.

Firstly, have you considered your wife is a c**t & your 2 groomsmen have good reason for disliking her?

Secondly, this is not petty.

Thirdly, and most importantly, your mate #1 is a total c**t, I’ve plenty of mates whose wives I’m not over-keen on, that is irrelevant, unless they are poisonous & doing my mates harm, it’s none of my business- you are happy, why would they react this way? Mates are mates, who you marry is no concern of theirs.

Fourthly, Mate #2 is a complete and utter bellend, waiting till your other mate said something.

Unless point 1 is true- f**k them both off & spend the money saved taking your wife for a lovely meal & some lingerie.

1 minute ago, Brother Blades said:

Ok, just breathe.

Firstly, have you considered your wife is a c**t & your 2 groomsmen have good reason for disliking her?

Thirdly, and most importantly, your mate #1 is a total c**t, I’ve plenty of mates whose wives I’m not over-keen on, that is irrelevant, unless they are poisonous & doing my mates harm, it’s none of my business- you are happy, why would they react this way? Mates are mates, who you marry is no concern of theirs.

Fourthly, Mate #2 is a complete and utter bellend, waiting till your other mate said something.

Unless point 1 is true- f**k them both off & spend the money saved taking your wife for a lovely meal & some lingerie.

Christ I don't even like* my wife but I still occasionally go out drinking with her. 

Getting really annoyed with a work colleague along the corridor.  Been in to see me a few times today about various shite which is fine. 

However,  he now comes in and stares at my left hand monitor which invariably has my inbox on the screen and starts nosey arsing through it "Oh I see X has emailed you about something, have you responded yet?  What is Y emailing you about then?"

f**k off you nosey c**t.

And whilst you are at it, stop looking at the tabs open on my browser as well.

ETA Should put this in the work colleague thread I suppose. 

Edited by Melanius Mullarkey

8 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Ok, just breathe.

:lol:

It's certainly my mates who are being the c**ts here.  Mrs Minertaur has welcomed them into the house many times before and then she just lets us get on with our pub crawl. Taxi's us home occasionally too.  Only time I can ever remember her being unhappy with them was when they were invited for a weekend up here but then they invited another bunch of my mates without telling me.  Nice surprise for me until I realised that there were half a dozen extra people wanting to crash at my new house. That's the only incident I can think on and that was over 2 years ago.

Your 3rd point is the one that gets me the most and I'm glad that somebody else has said it.  There's literally nothing to gain by telling me this. Now I know that if we are invited to future events such as nights out/weddings etc that he doesn't want her there. It's an utterly pathetic way to act.

Lingerie and a meal it is then!

Getting really annoyed with a work colleague along the corridor.  Been in to see me a few times today about various shite which is fine. 
However,  he now comes in and stares at my left hand monitor which invariably has my inbox on the screen and starts nosey arsing through it "Oh I see X has emailed you about something, have you responded yet?  What is Y emailing you about then?"
f**k off you nosey c**t.
And whilst you are at it, stop looking at the tabs open on my browser as well.

ETA Should put this in the work colleague thread I suppose. 
"ETA Should put this in the work colleague thread I suppose."

that would put it in this thread mate!!

ive always hated work c***s that behave like this. i used yo work with a boy that would brag each morning about the extra OT he had done the previous day, how many hours over the month that was and even how much his pay would be.

my replies were usually along the lines of "f**k off". used to love his face when the £700 he thought he had earned turned out to be £450ish. beautiful!

:lol:
It's certainly my mates who are being the c**ts here.  Mrs Minertaur has welcomed them into the house many times before and then she just lets us get on with our pub crawl. Taxi's us home occasionally too.  Only time I can ever remember her being unhappy with them was when they were invited for a weekend up here but then they invited another bunch of my mates without telling me.  Nice surprise for me until I realised that there were half a dozen extra people wanting to crash at my new house. That's the only incident I can think on and that was over 2 years ago.
Your 3rd point is the one that gets me the most and I'm glad that somebody else has said it.  There's literally nothing to gain by telling me this. Now I know that if we are invited to future events such as nights out/weddings etc that he doesn't want her there. It's an utterly pathetic way to act.
Lingerie and a meal it is then!

Well, if they were happy enough to be groomsmen as you committed your life to Mrs Minertaur, f**k them. They had a chance to object then. Lingerie, meal & plenty lube.

40 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Maybe time to just let them go from you life? It's not like they're living in your pocket and you have to see them all the time. We all lose friends as we go through life and sometimes you don't know what you've done (or sometimes you've pissed in their wife's lingerie drawer by accident or broken into their house in the middle of the night after leaving your keys behind). They sound like prissy p***ks and you always come across as very sound so don't be afraid to just move on from them.