Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I already did :lol:

:lol:

That's the bald fact then. :rolleyes:

Sorry xbass - in a clique you have to have consensus :(

PS Another possible route in - don't you normally have a couple of bald tyres?

That might get you associate membership. :unsure:

Guest xbasslichtie

No previous for me! Although its a good point, I might get on the ol dog and bone to the police for advice, anyone know the right (not 999) number to call for advice?

And it might not look it from my photo...but Im going bald! I have receding hairline, and by 30 I wont have much hair left. But I dont want to be in your pathetic wee clique anyway. Im quite happy here on my lonesome. :(

Edited to say, quote from Central Scotland Police Website:

My tax disc ran out last night. Can I drive it for 14-days until I get another one?

No, there is no 14-day period of 'grace' - you MUST display a valid tax disc.

So thats a no then!

Edited by xbasslichtie

Guest The Phoenix
So thats a no then!

If you have just bought the vehicle and do not have a V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2, you cannot tax your vehicle until you have a registration certificate (V5C) in your name. You can apply for a registration certificate using form V62 (fee applicable). DVLA aim to deliver the registration certificate within six weeks. :o When you receive your new registration certificate, you can then tax your vehicle.

If you are the current registered keeper of the vehicle and have no documentation, you may be able to tax it at any DVLA local office. :):unsure: You should complete form V62 (fee applicable) as well as form V10 or V85, and enclose the appropriate rate of vehicle tax and other supporting documentation. If you have changed your name and or address you will need to provide proof of identity with your application. Acceptable evidence is a current driving licence, original bank or building society statement, or a recent utility bill. If your name has changed acceptable evidence is a marriage certificate, decree nisi or absolute or deed poll.

Guest xbasslichtie
If you have just bought the vehicle and do not have a V5, V5C, V5/2 or V5C/2, you cannot tax your vehicle until you have a registration certificate (V5C) in your name. You can apply for a registration certificate using form V62 (fee applicable). DVLA aim to deliver the registration certificate within six weeks. :o When you receive your new registration certificate, you can then tax your vehicle.

If you are the current registered keeper of the vehicle and have no documentation, you may be able to tax it at any DVLA local office. :):unsure: You should complete form V62 (fee applicable) as well as form V10 or V85, and enclose the appropriate rate of vehicle tax and other supporting documentation. If you have changed your name and or address you will need to provide proof of identity with your application. Acceptable evidence is a current driving licence, original bank or building society statement, or a recent utility bill. If your name has changed acceptable evidence is a marriage certificate, decree nisi or absolute or deed poll.

Yip - been there done that, read the website! Its not too bad, they say they will tax the thing within 5 working days (allegedly). All documentation and money is in the post now. By "local", they mean Dundee! I dont have time to go there in the next few days. I just play the waiting game...everythings in hand now. B)

I can now sit calmly and await the next car related crisis.

When you are put on the wrong tax code for some reason and it's taking ages for you to get a tax rebate. That's annoying.

Edited by barry lavety is a fat junkie

What a hard life you have.

What's your problem? Are you trying to be cool by posting that?

This is a thread for petty nags etc. and it's not like you haven't posted what other people consider to be trivial.

Get a grip.

Yip - been there done that, read the website! Its not too bad, they say they will tax the thing within 5 working days (allegedly). All documentation and money is in the post now. By "local", they mean Dundee! I dont have time to go there in the next few days. I just play the waiting game...everythings in hand now. B)

I can now sit calmly and await the next car related crisis.

My tax runs out tomorrow, and I renewed the tax on Friday, but the disc has yet to arrive.

I have it on good authority from a friend (use that word loosely) of mine who works in the police that as long as the vehicle has valid tax, it won't matter if the disc doesn't arrive by tomorrow, as they will be able to check my registration and see that it has tax.

I would rather it arrived tomorrow though.

What's your problem? Are you trying to be cool by posting that?

This is a thread for petty nags etc. and it's not like you haven't posted what other people consider to be trivial.

Get a grip.

Chill out man, it was a sarcastic, tongue-in cheek comment.

My tax runs out tomorrow, and I renewed the tax on Friday, but the disc has yet to arrive.

I have it on good authority from a friend (use that word loosely) of mine who works in the police that as long as the vehicle has valid tax, it won't matter if the disc doesn't arrive by tomorrow, as they will be able to check my registration and see that it has tax.

I would rather it arrived tomorrow though.

Can't you get the tax disc on the same day from the Post Office any more?

Guest XaaronPrimus
Can't you get the tax disc on the same day from the Post Office any more?

I don't know, but seeing how the government is taking everything else away from the post office (latest being the TV licence), I'd be surprised.

I don't know, but seeing how the government is taking everything else away from the post office (latest being the TV licence), I'd be surprised.

A shame if they did. (Atleast without having somewhere else to pop into in a hurry). I'm one of those people who never remember to post anything away, so suddenly realise "shit i have to pay my Road Tax today" and need to run in to get it. Thankfully it is right next to my work (where i get the tax) so is easy to do. It is also cheaper to walk in and get it as you have to pay for postage :lol:

I bought it on the internet.

how long ago did you do it? (i.e. did you give the Royal mail enough time to find you?)

how long ago did you do it? (i.e. did you give the Royal mail enough time to find you?)

I have already told you when I bought it.

It was purchased on the www.direct.gov.uk website as soon as I received the news that it has passed it's MOT.