Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

That whiney f**k Adele being on my car radio whenever I get in, singing about whatever dramas have been going on in her life, like binning her husband.
Aw what she's dreadful, I'm all for the music is subjective and it's all an opinion on what you like but people must be registered deaf if they like Adele.

48 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Ridiculous headlines like this

Christmas hasn't been cancelled. A shite, overpriced Xmas market won't be going ahead, and there is no official public switching on of the shite Xmas lights in George Square.

The usual, and significantly better, Xmas market in St Enoch Square is going ahead as normal. No idea why though, as apparently Christmas has been cancelled.

That's one thing I'll miss about not working in town this year, going to the St Enoch market for lunch everyday. Had a Donner Meat stir fry a couple years back and it was outstanding 

Upgraded my phone on O2 recently and O2 Recycle offered £64 for my old S9. A bit low but fukkit, hassle free. Got the email today saying "Your phone arrived and we're revising our offer to £12.50 as there is an issue with the touchscreen".

Is there hell! That phone was immaculate, kept in a case and worked perfectly. Told them to shove it and send it back. Looking on Twitter it seems this is their standard practice - thieving gits. 

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

People fitting down lights in the eaves of their houses, then leaving them on all night as 'they look nice'.

Never mind. Only a few days to go before all the winterval lights come out. That'll cheer you up for sure :) 

1 hour ago, Soapy FFC said:

People fitting down lights in the eaves of their houses, then leaving them on all night as 'they look nice'.

I’ve noticed this trend getting bigger all year. I was saying to the other half just the other day that I can’t fathom out why folk illuminate all around their house (often a generic new build or refurbished old ex council house). I can understand folk wanting a few lights out to the back, if they had to nip out etc but to “showcase” their house all night to resemble something out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind isn’t something I like much. Same folk in these houses are the type to have a hot tub and been to B&M for the mandatory “Love,Life, Laughter” wall ornaments.

9 hours ago, deegee said:

I’ve noticed this trend getting bigger all year. I was saying to the other half just the other day that I can’t fathom out why folk illuminate all around their house (often a generic new build or refurbished old ex council house). I can understand folk wanting a few lights out to the back, if they had to nip out etc but to “showcase” their house all night to resemble something out of Close Encounters of the Third Kind isn’t something I like much. Same folk in these houses are the type to have a hot tub and been to B&M for the mandatory “Love,Life, Laughter” wall ornaments.

The Snobbery Thread for this

13 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Upgraded my phone on O2 recently and O2 Recycle offered £64 for my old S9. A bit low but fukkit, hassle free. Got the email today saying "Your phone arrived and we're revising our offer to £12.50 as there is an issue with the touchscreen".

Is there hell! That phone was immaculate, kept in a case and worked perfectly. Told them to shove it and send it back. Looking on Twitter it seems this is their standard practice - thieving gits. 

Get onto Envirofone or someone similar, they usually don't give a fuck and will give you the £64.  The actual phone carriers will try to fleece you something rotten.

12 hours ago, deegee said:

I live in a generic new build but I don't have many Christmas lights.  Where do I fit on the scum scale?  I do have a live, love laugh tattoo if that helps. 

14 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

We have these on our house.  They were already fitted when we moved in.  Mrs. B fits exactly in the box you described above until I pointed out the ongoing climate crisis and un-necessary illumination of the house exterior wasn't exactly green.  She no longer switches them on. 

Dread to think how much they'd cost in electricity having them on all evening.  There's dozens of the bloody things.

1 hour ago, Tommy Traddles said:

There's a car in my street driven by two old punters that irritatingly beeps at a high pitch when reversing.

It's incredibly annoying.

The eldest son of the Covid spreading scum/vermin next door gets picked up about 6:15 most mornings in a flatbed type pickup. The dick that comes for him insists on reversing into the parking bay on the other side of the street and wakes everyone with those stupid reverse sounds.

Two points:

Firstly - Just pull up outside the scum/vermin’s house.

Second - It’s a long parking bay that’s pretty much always empty, so just pull into it you utter cuntflap. There is no need to reverse.

1 hour ago, Tommy Traddles said:

There's a car in my street driven by two old punters that irritatingly beeps at a high pitch when reversing.

It's incredibly annoying.

On a similar vain, cunts who insist on beeping their horn then leaving someone's house.  What's the need for it?  11 at night, drifting off to sleep and some fucking moron leaves a neighbours and gives a fucking peep peep of the horn.  Fuck off.

Similarly, someone getting picked up for work at 6 in the morning and the fucking idiot bastard picking them up sits outside every 2 minutes blasting the horn.

Second - It’s a long parking bay that’s pretty much always empty, so just pull into it you utter cuntflap. There is no need to reverse.

Surely he'd just have to reverse out of the space then?

There was a video of a bull running about Perth earlier in the day I believe.

Mate sent me a WhatsApp video of the bull getting a bullet to the napper when it was back in its field presumably due to the embarrassment caused (and the fact it bulldozed a human).

Humans are c***s. Mon the bulls!

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

There was a video of a bull running about Perth earlier in the day I believe.

Mate sent me a WhatsApp video of the bull getting a bullet to the napper when it was back in its field presumably due to the embarrassment caused (and the fact it bulldozed a human).

Humans are c***s. Mon the bulls!

It was on Tuesday. It escaped from the abattoir at Inveralmond. They eventually were able to get it to the playing field next to Perth Grammar School/St John's Academy where it met its end.

Edited by die hard doonhamer

I live at the end of a cul de sac. The old boy across the road occasionally gets a visitor who parks right at the end of the street, blocking us in. A few times I've asked him to move the car (he has a knack of arriving just as me or the wife are about to head to work) but still won't use the car park spaces that are about 10 yards away. 

23 hours ago, Empty It said:
23 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Aw what she's dreadful, I'm all for the music is subjective and it's all an opinion on what you like but people must be registered deaf if they like Adele.

Her singing is infinitely preferable to her speaking. Now that is whiney.

7 hours ago, Left Back said:

We have these on our house.  They were already fitted when we moved in.  Mrs. B fits exactly in the box you described above until I pointed out the ongoing climate crisis and un-necessary illumination of the house exterior wasn't exactly green.  She no longer switches them on. 

Dread to think how much they'd cost in electricity having them on all evening.  There's dozens of the bloody things.

That's my gripe, the amount of energy that would be consumed if every house had lights on all night just to look nice.