Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

On my IPad, the amount of time my fat fingers miss the Topic Title, and I end up looking up details of the original poster.

I am not a stalker , honest ………..

Use your dialling wand.

6 hours ago, Venti said:

Welp. That's me completed the internet.

Finally seen everything on there.

Made me look at it…now I’m sitting in my car in the High School parking lot, waiting to pickup the kid, literally crying while laughing my arse off.

Old people. I may have moaned about this before; apologies.

Fifteen years ago, my elderly mother objected to £20 of calls on her BT bill and refused to pay, which eventually resulted in her line being disconnected. Having a phone apparently isn't essential. I had to get her a mobile phone in case, y'know, she had a heart attack or something and needed an ambulance, but because it's an electronic device like a microwave or TV, obviously it gets turned off when she's not using it.

She just phoned me to make a shopping order for her, but there's a problem and I need to talk to her before I can complete it. Her phone's off so, naturally, I'll need to wait until she decides to use the phone again. It could take a few days.

Is this normal behaviour once people get past a certain age? I don't think she did this shit when I was a kid.

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

Old people. I may have moaned about this before; apologies.

Fifteen years ago, my elderly mother objected to £20 of calls on her BT bill and refused to pay, which eventually resulted in her line being disconnected. Having a phone apparently isn't essential. I had to get her a mobile phone in case, y'know, she had a heart attack or something and needed an ambulance, but because it's an electronic device like a microwave or TV, obviously it gets turned off when she's not using it.

She just phoned me to make a shopping order for her, but there's a problem and I need to talk to her before I can complete it. Her phone's off so, naturally, I'll need to wait until she decides to use the phone again. It could take a few days.

Is this normal behaviour once people get past a certain age? I don't think she did this shit when I was a kid.

Suggestion...tell her a little white lie(s). The phone likely has a good battery life, but train her on it...

1) The phone has trouble when it needs to reconnect, because it has to boost its power to locate the correct tower, so it uses more power than leaving it on (Lie #1).

2) The phone needs to check its update status on a regular basis, and needs to be on for that. It's best to do it at night (Lie #2).

3) The phone will use less electrcity charging nightly because the battery is fuller, so plug it in at night, switched on (Lie #3).

Just got an unusually crunchy and large wheat flake* in my muesli and it’s gone into the roof of my mouth and made it bleed.

*presumably a wheat flake. It was in my mouth and I didn’t take it out. Could have been a bit of bark or a toenail or something.

4 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Just got an unusually crunchy and large wheat flake* in my muesli and it’s gone into the roof of my mouth and made it bleed.

*presumably a wheat flake. It was in my mouth and I didn’t take it out. Could have been a bit of bark or a toenail or something.

If you'd posted that with your angry compensation face whilst holding a box of said muesli I'd be more likely to be sympathetic to your situation. 

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

If you'd posted that with your angry compensation face whilst holding a box of said muesli I'd be more likely to be sympathetic to your situation. 

“An Aldi spokesman responded “what do you expect for £1.80 a kilo. If you don’t want toenails, buy it from a proper shop.””

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

HVDRXj7fKxRlBPoeFglS5sWxPiE=.gif

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The new adverts here on P&B that cover the entire page, and you cannot click to get rid of it. Can't read any posts at all.

image.png.da2cb42328883230a9bdc573772ef815.png

Do as you're told and book the fucking train.