Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Acastus said:

People that wear jackets, wooly hats etc when it's warm weather and no threat of rain.

Also people that wear shorts when it's Baltic

It's very rarely ever too cold for shorts in Scotland 

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

How's she doing?

She is still in hospital,turns out she went into septic shock.It was caused by 2 gallstones that escaped when she got her gallblader out 4 weeks ago blocking her bile duct.

The got 1 stone out and crushed the other one,also had a stent put in the bile duct.

It is bloody scary.

19 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

20230912_140319.thumb.jpg.862db5ba4a4c77ca33daf38a54b2e87a.jpg

Fucking hell 

Where was that?

What boils my piss is that it was likely a marketing ploy to change from pricing in gallons to litres in the UK back in ‘80s. 

I could understand such a change had we changed all our measurements to metric.

Our roads are still measured in miles. Our road signs in miles. 
Our speed measured in miles per hour. 

Ah fcuk it I’m away for a pint!

40 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

She is still in hospital,turns out she went into septic shock.It was caused by 2 gallstones that escaped when she got her gallblader out 4 weeks ago blocking her bile duct.

The got 1 stone out and crushed the other one,also had a stent put in the bile duct.

It is bloody scary.

Hope your wife makes a speedy recovery. Wishing you all the very best. 

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Where was that?

What boils my piss is that it was likely a marketing ploy to change from pricing in gallons to litres in the UK back in ‘80s. 

From a cost point of view I have absolutely no idea how much my fuel costs per gallon, I just use the litre price now. I do however still mentally convert to gallons when filling up so I have an idea of how many miles worth of fuel I'm adding, as I still use miles per gallon rather than miles per litre for fuel economy.

ETA: I used to work on the basis that £5 worth of petrol gave me about 100 miles, but that was when the price was about 45p per litre.

Edited by Soapy FFC

20 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

From a cost point of view I have absolutely no idea how much my fuel costs per gallon, I just use the litre price now. I do however still mentally convert to gallons when filling up so I have an idea of how many miles worth of fuel I'm adding, as I still use miles per gallon rather than miles per litre for fuel economy.

ETA: I used to work on the basis that £5 worth of petrol gave me about 100 miles, but that was when the price was about 45p per litre.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

Where was that?

To be fair, the 3 examples you have given are all directly related so really only count as 1. 

3 hours ago, Molotov said:

Actually, it was a useful coincidence. The agreement with the EEC specified metric measures by 1989 (after missing multiple earlier deadlines, and this one was rolled back too), but the true driver was electromechanical fuel pumps. The commonly used fuel pumps could only display/calculate prices up to £1.99 per gallon, but if you convert to litres it divides this number by around 4.5 times.

4 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Litre price x 4.55 gives gallon price.

7 hours ago, Molotov said:

Where was that?

Somewhere on the M5 in that England.

I don’t even think this is petty, but it almost sent me into a seething rage. I went to the bank at around 3pm this afternoon to pay in some cash, which wasn’t an insignificant amount. The teller at the branch told me that I can’t deposit money after 2pm and would need to come back in the morning. Im standing in my bank and they wouldn’t let me deposit the cash, as apparently cash transactions must be carried out between 10am and 2pm. A fucking bank and they won’t take cash. Broken Britain indeed.