Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 28/11/2023 at 12:16, Steelly said:

When you are at a supermarket checkout and have one item and the person in front of you has a trolley full and do not offer to let you go before them. Obviously they are not obliged to but it is nice to be nice.

I had to stop an old woman in B&M last week because folk were just taking the piss and she would have been there all day.

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

At the checkout and the assistant scans all the breakable/ fragile stuff before dealing with the cans and totties, so you have to wait to fill your bag.

Easily remedied by putting it all on the conveyer belt in the right order. 

:)

On 29/11/2023 at 20:45, alta-pete said:

Haud oan P&B. @BFTD is sitting in the Wetherspoons in Alloa (The Bobbing John iirc) at 11am on a (presumably) not particularly special Monday morning yet no one fronts up to challenge this apparently jakeball behaviour? 

I must be holding myself to outdated Presbyterian standards.  

...only I never mentioned Wetherspoons, nor that I was in Alloa.

Who do you work for? Reveal your secrets!

Edit:

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Is there anymore shite of an infection than a throat one? 
just constantly annoying you throughout the day. But not enough to be properly unwell. 

Having seen/read The Green Mile, bladder infections seem like an absolute b*****d in comparison, and I don't think you'll get signed off for one.

Also, one can lead to the other with careless couples.

Edited by BFTD

49 minutes ago, BFTD said:

...only I never mentioned Wetherspoons, nor that I was in Alloa.

Who do you work for? Reveal your secrets!

Edit:

Having seen/read The Green Mile, bladder infections seem like an absolute b*****d in comparison, and I don't think you'll get signed off for one.

Also, one can lead to the other with careless couples.

‘mon Dave - your affiliation with Alloa isn’t any sort of a secret, nor do you post about your work travels like maybe @Derry Alli  - so, on a Monday morning, you’ll be in Alloa, no?

And you’re in a pub at 11am that lets weans in. That can therefore only be the Wetherspoons, Shirley? 

I’m no Hercule Poirot but I can follow a trail of crumbs.  

So how was the breakfast? 

Spoiler

c**t will probably say he was in the Old Brewery  🤔

6 hours ago, buchan30 said:

just constantly annoying you throughout the day. But not enough to be properly unwell. 

Farewell Sweet Prince. Thoughts and prayers with your family. #RIPbuchan30

18 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Shouldn't the fragiles be the last thing you put on the belt, ergo being the last to be scanned and the last to be packed ?

Obviously you were never a Boy Scout.

I was and have the secret of putting purchases on a belt in the right order. It was only a basket which makes the offence worse.

Folk who leave bags of things outside charity shops when said shops are closed. There are signs saying that the shops will not/can not accept random bags that have been left out overnight, yet folk still do it. At that point it's basically littering.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Folk who leave bags of things outside charity shops when said shops are closed. There are signs saying that the shops will not/can not accept random bags that have been left out overnight, yet folk still do it. At that point it's basically littering.

See also folk who abandon their empty bottles on the ground next to full bottle banks. Take your shite home with you.

14 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Yes. Ear. No unwellness, but relentless pain and discomfort. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They know its littering, but they are very clearly.concerned only with getting rid of their shite. Its of no concern whether the charity takes its. Their stuff is gone and its someone else problem. No doubt with the defence of "well I was trying to give it to charity". 

I've had a whinge about the habits of some charity shops before, but iv never fly tipped on the back of it. Wretched behaviour

9 hours ago, alta-pete said:

‘mon Dave - your affiliation with Alloa isn’t any sort of a secret, nor do you post about your work travels like maybe @Derry Alli  - so, on a Monday morning, you’ll be in Alloa, no?

And you’re in a pub at 11am that lets weans in. That can therefore only be the Wetherspoons, Shirley? 

I’m no Hercule Poirot but I can follow a trail of crumbs.  

So how was the breakfast? 

Reveal hidden contents

c**t will probably say he was in the Old Brewery  🤔

Actually, I'm normally in Falkirk on Mondays, which you'd know if your intelligence network was as good as @Hedgecutter's.

Spoiler

...but yes, the breakfast was fine, thank you  :ph34r:

52 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

See also folk who abandon their empty bottles on the ground next to full bottle banks. Take your shite home with you.

Also folk who cram stuff into an overflowing bin, rendering the anti-seagull lids/flaps useless.  Cue a litter-strewn park or esplanade the following morning.

Special mention for those that litter around the bin (the "they should empty it more often then" brigade).

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

They take them in anyway. The signs are to stop people having to dismantle a literal wall of junk just to unlock the door, which can happen at busier shops, especially on Monday mornings.

That and all the jakes will have had a good rake through before the shop gets to see any of it although, if we're being honest, nobody with anything of value is leaving it dumped in the shop doorway anyway. There's also the problem that said jakes will see a couple of black bags and use that as an excuse to add their kitchen waste to the pile. Worked at a shop in South London decades ago where that was a major problem; the worst was when the manageress threw up after opening a bag of used disposable nappies that had clearly been rotting for some time, although remarkably someone handed that in themselves.

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

It would appear that young lassies can join the list with postmen and fat, neckbeard messes with shitty leg tats and metallica tshirts that think it's appropriate to wear shorts in minus temps with the rain lashing down. 

Haw! Some of us have feelings, you know!

When did you first notice that shivering lassies continue to wear next to nothing in subzero temperatures? I'm pretty sure there's a chapter about it in the Bible.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yes. Ear. No unwellness, but relentless pain and discomfort. 

Will give you that. Usually take a good wee while to clear up as well. I had an inner ear infection as a small child in my left ear. As a result, for years I couldn’t wear earphones that are “in ear” ones because it had closed the canal a little bit, so they wouldn’t fit. Only recently getting a set of sony bud ones have i found a pair that do the job, but even then it occasionally falls out. 

7 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Will give you that. Usually take a good wee while to clear up as well. I had an inner ear infection as a small child in my left ear. As a result, for years I couldn’t wear earphones that are “in ear” ones because it had closed the canal a little bit, so they wouldn’t fit. Only recently getting a set of sony bud ones have i found a pair that do the job, but even then it occasionally falls out. 

Get at me whenever u want to do an infection top trumps rematch 👍

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Haw! Some of us have feelings, you know!

When did you first notice that shivering lassies continue to wear next to nothing in subzero temperatures? I'm pretty sure there's a chapter about it in the Bible.

There's a difference to being done up for a night on the town and cutting about in basically a pair of pants, usually with a f**k off big jacket/fleece and a hat with a bobble the size of a fucking beach ball