Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Two folk standing chatting at the door to Asda tonight blocking the entrance, got past them to be greeted by two folk having a conversation blocking the security barriers to get in the shop. 

Are folk just utterly clueless to what’s going on round about them? 

In my experience (which is very similar to yours) people are either clueless or just don't care that they're inconveniencing others as long as they're getting their way

10 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Two folk standing chatting at the door to Asda tonight blocking the entrance, got past them to be greeted by two folk having a conversation blocking the security barriers to get in the shop. 

Are folk just utterly clueless to what’s going on round about them? 

Feel free to join my campaign of screaming SPATIAL AWARENESS at these oxygen theives

I'm sure I've posted this before but, just incase, diluting juice.

I'm f**king sick of taking the time to work out whether it is 'normal', double or quadruple strength. Oddly, I don't think I've seen triple strength.

It's all just so unnecessary.

4 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I'm f**king sick of taking the time to work out whether it is 'normal', double or quadruple strength. Oddly, I don't think I've seen triple strength.

If you want triple strength,  just mix the double and quadruple together. 

(Actually, this was posted in jest but it might actually work,)

8 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Are you my wife? I can't let her make a drink. It's either like plain water or cough medicine.

8 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

In England they apparently call diluting juice squash. My daughter's partner is English.

I'm trying to convert them.

Squash.

On 20/10/2024 at 15:13, Loonytoons said:

Back in the days of the rotary dials the neighbouring town had dialing code 0828.  My mates number started with 2828..

I just waited until school for a blether.

Was your mate an owl?

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

In England they apparently call diluting juice squash. My daughter's partner is English.

I'm trying to convert them.

Squash.

Hate to tell you, but people call it squash here too.

Squash might only be for orange-flavoured diluting juice though. I've never heard anyone refer to "apple squash" or similar. Oddly, I don't think anyone drinks squash-flavoured squash.

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hate to tell you, but people call it squash here too.

Squash might only be for orange-flavoured diluting juice though. I've never heard anyone refer to "apple squash" or similar. Oddly, I don't think anyone drinks squash-flavoured squash.

So if I ever wander into a pub in Alloa and ask for a 'pint of orange squash', I won't be met with a frosty glare and a retort of "We don't serve cocktails" ?

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

So if I ever wander into a pub in Alloa and ask for a 'pint of orange squash', I won't be met with a frosty glare and a retort of "We don't serve cocktails" ?

Depends on the pub.

9289973f8e177121c141f3fb05dd53cc.jpg