Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm doing a lesson with my tutor group tomorrow focusing on Children in Need and the work they do. So I've got this quiz thing going where they have to identify the needs of children and things like that. Then there's a bit which involves case studies and the Children in Need fact sheet says you can download videos of the children talking about themselves on the Children in Need website. Well I can't fucking find them! :angry:

I've just had some guy come into this office to give the fire extinguishers their annual check.

I was in a reasonable mood before he arrived, now I'm nearly suicidal. :(

Here's how the conversation went:

Morbid Man: "Has Jim (my dad, he knows him) retired yet? It must be terrible for him dragging himself out of bed in the cold winter mornings at his age?"

Me: "A couple of years yet"

Him: Is your mum looking forward to that?"

Me: "My mum died in 2000."

Him: "Oh. What happened to her?"

Me: "Well, she had a heart attack resulting from complications she had from a mastectomy."

Him: "Oh. Aye, that's what happens with these operations. Deadly they are. My brother died at the age of 23. Hd some skin taken off his heel and next minute...BANG...drops dead. Of course nowadays they'd do the operation and he'd be back to work next day. Not in those days. No. Death, mostly."

Me, close to weeping now: "Eh....yes....."

:(

The most depressing man I've ever met. I'm thinking about my mum now.

I can't wait till saturday. I keep having dreams and then wake up thinking it existed then finding out it wasn't. :(

The same thing happened to me last night, except i dreamt that a fat girl sat on my head, so I was actually quite glad when I woke up and realised it was only a dream. :blink:

Sparkling water.

the stuff is absolute rank.

It isnt water its absolutely disgusting aswell.

Tastes as though it's been flitered through pig shit then through the digestive system of an aadvark.

Mon the normal water !!

:huh:

Why an aardvark??

Sparkling water.

the stuff is absolute rank.

It isnt water its absolutely disgusting aswell.

Tastes as though it's been flitered through pig shit then through the digestive system of an aadvark.

Mon the normal water !!

I'll take your word on that ;) but aye, sparkling water is rank, flavoured water :yucky , water wi diluting juice :thumsup2

My fiancee's mum sadly passed away on sunday. I feel like shit just now, i dont think its quite sunk in yet.

With all due respect you can't get too down about it - think how your other half must be feeling :(

Now go and be her rock godammit! :)

With all due respect you can't get too down about it - think how your other half must be feeling :(

Now go and be her rock godammit! :)

Cheers RiG. She's sitting with her sister and the minister just now, but the minister has a beard, i cant look at her without being freaked out. :lol: