Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

It's Glasgow, for f'ck's sake. I'd be more concerned if there were no grilles, bullet proof glass or the likes.

Buying a carryout just isn't the same when it's not handed to you through a hatch.

I remember my first visit to an off-licence outside Glasgow and I thought it looked weird without being surrounded by glass panes and the hatch to get the carry out from :P

I remember my first visit to an off-licence outside Glasgow and I thought it looked weird without being surrounded by glass panes and the hatch to get the carry out from :P

Yep, when buying a carryout in the sticks, I now expect the shop assistant to fetch it for me. Why can't everywhere be as civilised as Glasgow? :P

With that name you just know there's gonna be a lot of metal grilles around..... :lol:

Just 2 very small ones, one of which never opens because it's for speaking through. The rest of the shop is glassed in and the assistant fetches your beer for you. It's right opposite the Cottage Bar. :D

Just 2 very small ones, one of which never opens because it's for speaking through. The rest of the shop is glassed in and the assistant fetches your beer for you. It's right opposite the Cottage Bar. :D

I like that pub. I particularly liked the 'gorgeous' barmaid who was hitting 40, had the single worst fake tan in the universe and her hair stretched back so tight it looked like some had just un-wrinkled a particularly dense prune. I'd been drinking for about 12 hours and she was still repulsive. :lol: Mind you, judging by the way the snarled at me when I had the audacity to politely ask for some drinks, the feeling of appreciation was very much mutual.

I like that pub. I particularly liked the 'gorgeous' barmaid who was hitting 40, had the single worst fake tan in the universe and her hair stretched back so tight it looked like some had just un-wrinkled a particularly dense prune. I'd been drinking for about 12 hours and she was still repulsive. :lol: Mind you, judging by the way the snarled at me when I had the audacity to politely ask for some drinks, the feeling of appreciation was very much mutual.

Adam got a free drink in there for showing the barman how to work the television. He made football happen and the regulars thought he was God. Although, I don't think most of the regulars actually know it as a television. I think it's the magic box or something.

PTTGOYN: Back in hospital just for a check up this morning, the stupid doctor taking my blood managed to spike right through the vein and out the other side, so when she did pull the needle out, after taking ages to actually get blood out, the blood started pouring from my vein into my arm, I had a big lump where it had swollen up and now it's going to bruise and it's sore as f**k. :angry:

This doesn't get on my nerves as such, just something I don't understand.

Homeless people always try and skip the queue when Im at a till in Tesco so they can buy their can of Super T. Surely if you are homeless you'd want to stay in the warmth as long as possible, rather rush in and out.

Also they always says keep the change, if its like 2 or 3p. You need it more than Tesco mate

Edited by The Arch

Adam got a free drink in there for showing the barman how to work the television. He made football happen and the regulars thought he was God. Although, I don't think most of the regulars actually know it as a television. I think it's the magic box or something.

Liqour Barn, Cottage Bar - Holy crap - you guys really like living life on the edge. I'm Shettleston born (well actually Duke St born, but close enough) and raised and wouldnt go there!

Also about 50 meters along from the liqour barn (going east) there is a double doorway onto shettleston road with a sign above it saying 'The barn' - always wondered what that was but was always to scared to ask the neanderthals hanging about the doorway.

I have this strange pet hate about people not punctuating text messages. I get really annoyed when people don't use commas or fullstops when they text me. I hate it when it looks like everything runs into one big f**k off sentance.

Liqour Barn, Cottage Bar - Holy crap - you guys really like living life on the edge. I'm Shettleston born (well actually Duke St born, but close enough) and raised and wouldnt go there!

Also about 50 meters along from the liqour barn (going east) there is a double doorway onto shettleston road with a sign above it saying 'The barn' - always wondered what that was but was always to scared to ask the neanderthals hanging about the doorway.

It's not that bad! You big old coward! :P

Christ, I dread to think what you'd do if you visited some of the areas I lived in in Bristol. :lol:

The cottage bar has some dodgy history does it not? Its not the one that was owned by Tam McGraw but it was prominent in the Arthur Thomson/Paul Ferris/McGraw feuds and I think some murders took place there. In fact was it not outside there the car with Bobby Glover and Joe Hanlon was found after they were killed in retaliation for Arthur Thomson Junior being shot?

The cottage bar has some dodgy history does it not? Its not the one that was owned by Tam McGraw but it was prominent in the Arthur Thomson/Paul Ferris/McGraw feuds and I think some murders took place there. In fact was it not outside there the car with Bobby Glover and Joe Hanlon was found after they were killed in retaliation for Arthur Thomson Junior being shot?

In short don't go there :lol: