Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've set up camp here so as to make myself believe I'm actually in Scotland. I'm in bed, Runrig DVD's on, I'm on P&B... but I'm out of Irn Bru! What flippin use is that??? :bairn

Get some square sausage and tattie scones on the go. It's even better.

I've set up camp here so as to make myself believe I'm actually in Scotland. I'm in bed, Runrig DVD's on, I'm on P&B... but I'm out of Irn Bru! What flippin use is that??? :bairn

Scrape your hair back as far as you can until your eyebrows are at your fringe and adorn the ponytail with a Poundstretcher lime green scrunchie, put in some massive cheap looking hoop earrings, an OF top and shell bottoms, white socks and filthy umbro trainers and you are as authentic a Scots lassie as can be, short of pushing a pram in the rain and shouting "Fuckin' shut it Chantelle, yer no gettin' another push pop!" at one of your malnourished and filthy free school meal scoffing urchins.

Get some square sausage and tattie scones on the go. It's even better.

1. I said I'm in bed! :P

2. Can't get square sausage down here. :bairn

You're making this worse! :angry:

Edit: Monster, :lol:. You just described my home town, only with a different accent. :(

Edited by HGG

1. I said I'm in bed! :P

2. Can't get square sausage down here. :bairn

You're making this worse! :angry:

I quite simply do not believe you. If I can get it all the way down in Bristol, then you must be able to get it in Rochdale. Try Iceland, that's where I used to get it. Obviously, being Iceland, it's frozen, rather than fresh, but you really won't care if there's nothing else available, and it's still good sltuff.

As for point 1, next time, get yourself ready before getting into bed. :P

:o

I our fridge for tomorrows breakfast we have square and round sausage :D:D

1. Shut up.

2. Sod off!

:angry:

Edit: LM, I do believe there's an Iceland in Scroatsville at the top of Rochdale town centre. I shall lower myself enough to venture in there with all the afore-mentioned neds and try to refrain from smirking at the mention of a pushpop by any of my fellow shoppers. :D

A woman on the train when I was on my way back down from Glasgow after the Fives told me that she got square sausage in Morrisons in Reading. So off I went to my local Morrisons and guess what... no damn square sausage! <_< None in Tesco either.

Edited by HGG

Failing that, next time you're up, invest in a cool box with loads of those ice packs in it and take a stock home with you. :D

Edit: Probably best if you're driving, rather than lugging it on the train, though.

Edited by Lyn-Marie

A woman on the train when I was on my way back down from Glasgow after the Fives told me that she got square sausage in Morrisons in Reading. So off I went to my local Morrisons and guess what... no damn square sausage! <_< None in Tesco either.

If you can't be bothered lugging the coolbox as per LMs advice, you could try making your own. All you need are some rusks, a block of lard, some shredded paper, a bit of ground spinal cord and some stickybacked plastic!

Failing that, next time you're up, invest in a cool box with loads of those ice packs in it and take a stock home with you. :D

Edit: Probably best if you're driving, rather than lugging it on the train, though.

:lol: I'm unlikely to be driving up again for some time. It's just too damn expensive.

I did acquire one of said coolboxes only today though! :D A friend gave me one to keep food in in the morning before Elise's birthday party in the afternoon (I'm heading straight there from church as it's in the same building so will need to keep the sandwiches, etc, fresh) and she doesn't want the coolbox back as they have an electric one which they use now. :thumsup2

If you can't be bothered lugging the coolbox as per LMs advice, you could try making your own. All you need are some rusks, a block of lard, some shredded paper, a bit of ground spinal cord and some stickybacked plastic!

Erm. Yeah. Thanks. I'll bear that in mind. :huh:

Alternatively, Mr HGG could bring me some next time he comes down! Now there's a plan. Speaking of whom - he's vanished just now! :o:(

Edited by HGG

I live a minute away from McDiarmid Park (the home of football) where last night it was hosting Elton John. Had all windows and doors closed but i could still hear it. <_<

Top Gear and Big Brother were turned up ridiculously loud.