Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who usually decide to have a conversation with you when you are on the phone to someone else and still refuse to stop.

People who usually decide to have a conversation with someone else while you are on the phone to them and still refuse to stop.

People who usually decide to have a conversation with you when you are on the phone to someone else and still refuse to stop.

People who phone for a chat and won't go away when there's nothing else of interest to say and so sit there giving you a boring narrative of whatever they're doing at the time instead.

People who phone under the pretence of just wanting to say hi when what they actually wanted was just to feel superior and chose me as the current victim.

People who don't bother their arse to phone for ages and then complain that they haven't seen or spoken to me in too long.

People who phone for a chat and won't go away when there's nothing else of interest to say and so sit there giving you a boring narrative of whatever they're doing at the time instead.

Workers in shops who, despite you standing in a queue for ages, drop everything when you finally get to the front to answer the phone and leave you standing there. :angry: That really bakes my tamale.

People who phone me when they know I'm right in the middle of putting my children to bed.

People who phone me when they know I've gone to bed, especially if the reason for that is because I'm ill or have a migraine and they know that too!

Workers in shops who, despite you standing in a queue for ages, drop everything when you finally get to the front to answer the phone and leave you standing there. :angry: That really bakes my tamale.

Remove the phone from their hand, tell the person on the other end that they are currently being held in a queue and their position is [count how many people are queuing behind you in the shop and insert next successive number] in the queue. Tell said shop worker that you're at the front of the queue and make them serve you instead. Ignorant sods. Don't stand for it GC! :angry:

Edited by HGG

People who phone me when they know I've gone to bed, especially if the reason for that is because I'm ill or have a migraine and they know that too!

Or even folk that phone at odd times (e.g. past 10ish at night or early in the morning). It always gives me the fear that something bad has happened or it is work wanting me to come in for something.

Remove the phone from their hand, tell the person on the other end that they are currently being held in a queue and their position is [count how many people are queuing behind you in the shop and insert next successive number] in the queue. Tell said shop worker that you're at the front of the queue and make them serve you instead. Ignorant sods. Don't stand for it GC! :angry:

Funny you should say that, one of my most enjoyable moments was in a shop where the girl was clearly talking to her mate on the phone about what her previous night was like. Meanwhile numbnuts here is standing waiting patiently while she prattles on. (im sure I've covered this on here before!). Finally (well, OK about 30 seconds) my patience snaps and I lean over the counter and press down the receiver button to cut off the call. The look of utter shock on her face was class. Some curt advice on customer service was then dispensed.

Of course it was the early learning centre and by now my, at the time, very young kids had went in different directions, just to strip me of that air of snootyness as I collected my stuff in a gruff manner. :rolleyes:

Apart from that, was it a pleasant phone call?

:ph34r:

:lol: Thankfully my phone hasn't rung tonight. Maybe that's something to do with being a grumpy cow when it does? :unsure::lol:

and

Funny you should say that, one of my most enjoyable moments was in a shop where the girl was clearly talking to her mate on the phone about what her previous night was like. Meanwhile numbnuts here is standing waiting patiently while she prattles on. (im sure I've covered this on here before!). Finally (well, OK about 30 seconds) my patience snaps and I lean over the counter and press down the receiver button to cut off the call. The look of utter shock on her face was class. Some curt advice on customer service was then dispensed.

Of course it was the early learning centre and by now my, at the time, very young kids had went in different directions, just to strip me of that air of snootyness as I collected my stuff in a gruff manner. :rolleyes:

:lol: Well done you! I'd have loved to have seen that.

Edited by HGG

Dear Doctor, I've run out of my medication - can I have a repeat prescription please?

Hmm, as you're new to the surgery and we haven't prescribed for you before, you'll have to make an appointment - next Thursday is the earliest, OK?

No it's not fucking OK - I'm a manic depressive without his tablet's and this appointment pish is just making me worse!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Dear Doctor, I've run out of my medication - can I have a repeat prescription please?

Hmm, as you're new to the surgery and we haven't prescribed for you before, you'll have to make an appointment - next Thursday is the earliest, OK?

No it's not fucking OK - I'm a manic depressive without his tablet's and this appointment pish is just making me worse!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Or much better in a few days. :unsure:

Guest Ally's honest man

No Appointment required

Samaritans

210, West George St, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G2 2PQ

Tel: 0141 248 4488

More worrying is this

We've got no matches for samaritans in Paisley, but have found some within about 10 miles

There's also Breathing Space! ;)

Whatever you do, DON'T contact NHS24. The first time I did and mentioned depression, they sent two police and the Riverside psychiatric team round who sectioned me in Gartnavel for four days.

The second time I contacted them about my lack of medication, despite me assuring them that I had no self-harming or suicidal thoughts, they still sent two polis to my door the nextday while I was at the pub watching the St.Mirren v Rangers game and, when they didn't get a reply, they kicked my fucking door in.

It's Mental Health Awareness Week FFS and NHS24 don't have any awareness at all! :angry:

:lol:

Fantastic!