Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
I feel a bit shit posting something fairly trivial after the previous post, but I sent a picture of my erect penis to the wrong Stephanie in my phone book :ph34r:

Don't worry, she'll probably not notice unless her phone has a zoom facility.

Why feel shit, that's ^^^ put a smile right back on my face.

Did the wrong Stephanie text back?

'LOL. Nice cock. Take it that wasn't meant for me?'

She is a really good friend so she didn't care less about it and we had a good laugh about it, but that moment of panic when It was sending and I realised it was destined for the wrong person was agonising.

Guest The Phoenix
There was no danger of anything like this happening in your day, if you wanted to have a bit of dirt chat with a female you had to send a telegram :P

Carved on stone actually. :lol:

I feel a bit shit posting something fairly trivial after the previous post, but I sent a picture of my erect penis to the wrong Stephanie in my phone book :ph34r:

:lol:

Could've been worse. You could've sent it to one of your family by mistake instead!

Me neither. Finished work about 3 hours ago, bloody starving now but no food in the house. What makes it worse is that I'm on a split shift tomorrow (12-4 then 6-2) so I'll get f**k all sleep tonight followed by a cruelly long day.

While getting a little drunk in Prague...I staggered back to my hotel room, raided my minibar (godbless expenses :ph34r: ), and fell asleep while eating a snickers. Unfortunately, when I woke up, said Snickers remmnant was still on my bed, but had melted under my body heat into a gooey brown mess.

I don't think I need to tell you what thats going to look like to the hotel staff. :(

While getting a little drunk in Prague...I staggered back to my hotel room, raided my minibar (godbless expenses :ph34r: ), and fell asleep while eating a snickers. Unfortunately, when I woke up, said Snickers remmnant was still on my bed, but had melted under my body heat into a gooey brown mess.

I don't think I need to tell you what thats going to look like to the hotel staff. :(

cut the crap XBL, you shit yourself, didn't you! :P

cut the crap XBL, you shit yourself, didn't you! :P

I did not, xbl does not shit himself. Currently at a conference listening to talks that have no interest to me whatsoever, and waiting to present my own work (nervous, so nervous).

Still, "social evening" tonight, so I will be partaking in one or two drinkies. Its hard work is this conference lark. :(

I did not, xbl does not shit himself. Currently at a conference listening to talks that have no interest to me whatsoever, and waiting to present my own work (nervous, so nervous).

Still, "social evening" tonight, so I will be partaking in one or two drinkies. Its hard work is this conference lark. :(

Last conference I went to, this romanian guy had to give a presentation, English was clearly his distant second language, and he'd never seen the slides before, he was a fucking mess! took him 15 minutes to churn out 4 hesitant sentences, you'll be fine - you can't be any worse than that guy :lol:

And yeh, it's the same everywhere isn't it, I don't give a f**k aobut other people's work, the whole point about PHd work is that it's largely unique, which means you can't glean much insight from other people's workmanyway!

Edited by renton

Last conference I went to, this romanian guy had to give a presentation, English was clearly his distant second language, and he'd never seen the slides before, he was a fucking mess! took him 15 minutes to churn out 4 hesitant sentences, you'll be fine - you can't be any worse than that guy :lol:

And yeh, it's the same everywhere isn't it, I don't give a f**k aobut other people's work, the whole point about PHd work is that it's largely unique, which means you can't glean much insight from other people's workmanyway!

Aye, there are some badly spelled presentations out there, but also a few really interesting ones. You gotta admire the foreign guys who can stand up and give presentations in English, no matter how halting! Imagine if we had to do a talk in Czech?

Still, the hangovers cleared (can I claim expenses on 2 bottles of wine with a small meal?), Im not drinking over lunch, and I will be ready to rant and rave like a hairy scary madman at people first thing this afternoon. :D

And no, I don't care overly about other peoples work either, specially diverse stuff like this one!

Edited by xbl

Aye, there are some badly spelled presentations out there, but also a few really interesting ones. You gotta admire the foreign guys who can stand up and give presentations in English, no matter how halting! Imagine if we had to do a talk in Czech?

Still, the hangovers cleared (can I claim expenses on 2 bottles of wine with a small meal?), Im not drinking over lunch, and I will be ready to rant and rave like a hairy scary madman at people first thing this afternoon. :D

And no, I don't care overly about other peoples work either, specially diverse stuff like this one!

We didn't win the battle of Waterloo so we would have to speak foreign languages donchaknow! ;)