Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Cricket is still alive, not amused! <_<

Why not release a pet that eats crickets under the floorboards? Then, when that eats the crickets, put down a slightly larger animal to eat the new inhabitant. Keep that up, and eventually you'll be putting a lion under the floorboards, which means you've won the battle, because lions don't fit under floorboards.

HTH. :)

Guest The Phoenix
Why not just tell a really shite joke, then the cricket will have to come out and make that "chirping in a silent room" noise?

So Day One stick an egg, a Mars Bar and a Dairylea Cheese Triangle through a hole in the floorboards.

Repeat above every day for six days.

Day Seven, replace the Mars Bar with a hammer and stick the egg and the Dairylea Cheese Triangle through the hole in the floorboards and take a firm grip on the hammer.

Shortly afterwards the Cricket will stick its head through the hole and cry "Where the f**k is the Mars Bar?"

It's at this point you beat its brains out with the hammer.

Guest The Phoenix
Enough!

If there was a P & B Hell (sortof like an anti Gold Forum) it would just be full of pun based threads.

You are letting your guard slip there,

If you don't like the puns, take cover in another thread or get a third man to check for puns as extra cover before you get caught by one unexpectedly.

Anyway, there's a fair chance this particular topic will run out of energy soon and the matter will be over.

Then you won't need to bat an eyelid.

Will be interesting to see what post follows on from this . (That's a long stop)

I think you should build a gigantic machine to kill the cricket. Call it the Massive Insect Destroyer, and turn it on in the middle of the living room to tear the floorboards apart until the pesky pest is dead.

Although, that plan is a bit ridiculous, I suppose you could just leave the silly MID off.

Guest The Phoenix
I think you should build a gigantic machine to kill the cricket. Call it the Massive Insect Destroyer, and turn it on in the middle of the living room to tear the floorboards apart until the pesky pest is dead.

Although, that plan is a bit ridiculous, I suppose you could just leave the silly MID off.

Probably best just to declare - even cricket has its boundaries and much more of this and we'll all be on the ropes.