Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Its the only way a young driver will get insured for the first years driving at a reasonable price. I was still £1800 as a named driver on a policy with my dad as main driver.

The downside to going on as a second driver of course is that you don't get a chance to earn your no claims. Plus, 1800 quid? What the hell are you driving? A rolls? My first year (I was 20 admittedly), I bought a 1 litre wreck of a car, I had a third party coverage, and I was a wee bit under a grand (800 or so I think).

The downside to going on as a second driver of course is that you don't get a chance to earn your no claims. Plus, 1800 quid? What the hell are you driving? A rolls? My first year (I was 20 admittedly), I bought a 1 litre wreck of a car, I had a third party coverage, and I was a wee bit under a grand (800 or so I think).

1.2 VW Polo :P Fully comp.

Insurance on a 1.2 Polo is over £400 cheaper than insurance on a 1.0 corsa, crazy!

And the policy is a direct line one so I get the named driver no claims discount.

the many roundabouts of old aberdeen

seriously though, I had concluded by 13.00 -it took till 13.40 to escape aberdeen what's all the roundabouts about? :huh:

Are there really that many? I can't think of much more than 15 in the entire city boundaries, and most of them are on North Anderson Drive.

Celtic's 'B' team in the SFL.

There are no depths to which greedy people will not sink when the crumbs from the table of bigotry are offered them.

I know my punishment for loving my local team in a country of sectarian bigotry is a permanent home in Division 2 purgatory. Now the only tiny consolation for that hell, the lack of Scotland's Shame on a Saturday, is hovering over me like the sword of Damacles.

I just hope the whole thing is a huge wind up.

:angry:

Got a chest infection and I feel like I need to cough all the time but it's agony when I do. Thank God I've only one show to do tomorrow. <_<

I had an infection once that caused the same problem. It is astonishingly painful. I used to have to psyche myself up before coughing because I'd hunch over in pain when I actually did so. This lasted for a couple of days. After that the pain lessened a great deal.

Are there really that many? I can't think of much more than 15 in the entire city boundaries, and most of them are on North Anderson Drive.

well I had to go today from the -excellent I have to say- travel lodge on inverurie road via the mcroberts building on kings road to the motorway south and it seemed every 5 minutes I got "at the roundabout ahead" coming out my satnav, I suppose it might be my perception rather than reality and in truth there are many fewer than east kilbride.

perhaps I'm not familiar with the layout of the town is all.

another pttgoyn would be -travel lodge. I mean generally good. but Wifi £5/hour? I think not. Which deprived me of my fix yesterday -I had 189 emails waiting at 6pm when I got home <_< -mostly spam but still.

Night two of my tonsil blisters and it looks like I shan't be sleeping tonight either. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep between 6am and 8am yesterday morning but it seems to be so much more painful at night. Probably because all I can think about when I am trying to get to sleep is "OUCHEEEEZ!!!11!"

If it isn't getting any better by tomorrow I shall need to go to the doctor. This is also annoying as:

(1) I get tonsilitis or tonsil blisters on a yearly basis and always get told to gargle soluble aspirin which makes me gag and feel generally horrible.

(2) The doctor always says I should probably get them out which never materialises. Year after year after year after year after........

(3) My doctor is in Perth and I am in Aberdeen. I also have a test on Monday that I should really go to my lectures on Thursday and Friday to prepare for. There is no way I am staying up here past tomorrow afternoon if it isn't getting any better.

On the bright side, if I to go home tomorrow then the next big thing in my week is the football on Saturday. :)

Edited to add: OUCH! <_<:(:angry:

Edited by robosaintee

Was going to visit my mum in hospital last night,picked up my sister,driving along in Granton. The back nearside wheel locks,manage to get the car in to the side of the road.

Take wheel of cant see what the problem is call AA. Brake shoe has broken and jammed.The tyre is also a no no.

I am more than a little brassed of at the moment. Never got to see my mum :angry::( .

Still she was moved from the Coronary care unit to a ward so she is on the mend i hope..

Was going to visit my mum in hospital last night,picked up my sister,driving along in Granton. The back nearside wheel locks,manage to get the car in to the side of the road.

Take wheel of cant see what the problem is call AA. Brake shoe has broken and jammed.The tyre is also a no no.

I am more than a little brassed of at the moment. Never got to see my mum :angry::( .

Still she was moved from the Coronary care unit to a ward so she is on the mend i hope..

Not so good. Hope she's doing fine.

Night two of my tonsil blisters and it looks like I shan't be sleeping tonight either. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep between 6am and 8am yesterday morning but it seems to be so much more painful at night. Probably because all I can think about when I am trying to get to sleep is "OUCHEEEEZ!!!11!"

If it isn't getting any better by tomorrow I shall need to go to the doctor. This is also annoying as:

(1) I get tonsilitis or tonsil blisters on a yearly basis and always get told to gargle soluble aspirin which makes me gag and feel generally horrible.

(2) The doctor always says I should probably get them out which never materialises. Year after year after year after year after........

(3) My doctor is in Perth and I am in Aberdeen. I also have a test on Monday that I should really go to my lectures on Thursday and Friday to prepare for. There is no way I am staying up here past tomorrow afternoon if it isn't getting any better.

On the bright side, if I to go home tomorrow then the next big thing in my week is the football on Saturday. :)

Edited to add: OUCH! <_<:(:angry:

Gargle with salt water, that helps too. Although it may make you physically throw up :lol:

I used to be the same, regularly had tonsilitis or blisters. Used to make me feel really ill too. However, the last few years I've hardly had any at all, and nothing as bad as I used to get. I think its down to being a bit healthier and drinking less :)