Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Got a chest infection and I feel like I need to cough all the time but it's agony when I do. Thank God I've only one show to do tomorrow. <_<

I had an infection once that caused the same problem. It is astonishingly painful. I used to have to psyche myself up before coughing because I'd hunch over in pain when I actually did so. This lasted for a couple of days. After that the pain lessened a great deal.

Are there really that many? I can't think of much more than 15 in the entire city boundaries, and most of them are on North Anderson Drive.

well I had to go today from the -excellent I have to say- travel lodge on inverurie road via the mcroberts building on kings road to the motorway south and it seemed every 5 minutes I got "at the roundabout ahead" coming out my satnav, I suppose it might be my perception rather than reality and in truth there are many fewer than east kilbride.

perhaps I'm not familiar with the layout of the town is all.

another pttgoyn would be -travel lodge. I mean generally good. but Wifi £5/hour? I think not. Which deprived me of my fix yesterday -I had 189 emails waiting at 6pm when I got home <_< -mostly spam but still.

Night two of my tonsil blisters and it looks like I shan't be sleeping tonight either. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep between 6am and 8am yesterday morning but it seems to be so much more painful at night. Probably because all I can think about when I am trying to get to sleep is "OUCHEEEEZ!!!11!"

If it isn't getting any better by tomorrow I shall need to go to the doctor. This is also annoying as:

(1) I get tonsilitis or tonsil blisters on a yearly basis and always get told to gargle soluble aspirin which makes me gag and feel generally horrible.

(2) The doctor always says I should probably get them out which never materialises. Year after year after year after year after........

(3) My doctor is in Perth and I am in Aberdeen. I also have a test on Monday that I should really go to my lectures on Thursday and Friday to prepare for. There is no way I am staying up here past tomorrow afternoon if it isn't getting any better.

On the bright side, if I to go home tomorrow then the next big thing in my week is the football on Saturday. :)

Edited to add: OUCH! <_<:(:angry:

Edited by robosaintee

Was going to visit my mum in hospital last night,picked up my sister,driving along in Granton. The back nearside wheel locks,manage to get the car in to the side of the road.

Take wheel of cant see what the problem is call AA. Brake shoe has broken and jammed.The tyre is also a no no.

I am more than a little brassed of at the moment. Never got to see my mum :angry::( .

Still she was moved from the Coronary care unit to a ward so she is on the mend i hope..

Was going to visit my mum in hospital last night,picked up my sister,driving along in Granton. The back nearside wheel locks,manage to get the car in to the side of the road.

Take wheel of cant see what the problem is call AA. Brake shoe has broken and jammed.The tyre is also a no no.

I am more than a little brassed of at the moment. Never got to see my mum :angry::( .

Still she was moved from the Coronary care unit to a ward so she is on the mend i hope..

Not so good. Hope she's doing fine.

Night two of my tonsil blisters and it looks like I shan't be sleeping tonight either. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep between 6am and 8am yesterday morning but it seems to be so much more painful at night. Probably because all I can think about when I am trying to get to sleep is "OUCHEEEEZ!!!11!"

If it isn't getting any better by tomorrow I shall need to go to the doctor. This is also annoying as:

(1) I get tonsilitis or tonsil blisters on a yearly basis and always get told to gargle soluble aspirin which makes me gag and feel generally horrible.

(2) The doctor always says I should probably get them out which never materialises. Year after year after year after year after........

(3) My doctor is in Perth and I am in Aberdeen. I also have a test on Monday that I should really go to my lectures on Thursday and Friday to prepare for. There is no way I am staying up here past tomorrow afternoon if it isn't getting any better.

On the bright side, if I to go home tomorrow then the next big thing in my week is the football on Saturday. :)

Edited to add: OUCH! <_<:(:angry:

Gargle with salt water, that helps too. Although it may make you physically throw up :lol:

I used to be the same, regularly had tonsilitis or blisters. Used to make me feel really ill too. However, the last few years I've hardly had any at all, and nothing as bad as I used to get. I think its down to being a bit healthier and drinking less :)

Where was the free bar?

The only time I've ever been at a free bar was a cousin's wedding, and I was too young to really enjoy the greatness of it.

Tiger Tiger

It was only open for an hour and a half, but the Brahmas got battered. Fucking tasty when they're free, and a fine way to pop my free bar cherry.

I had an infection once that caused the same problem. It is astonishingly painful. I used to have to psyche myself up before coughing because I'd hunch over in pain when I actually did so. This lasted for a couple of days. After that the pain lessened a great deal.

It's quite funny, I'm sure my body is having a wee fight with itself every time I need to cough. Had quite a long drive today and it seems to be worse when I sit up so that was fun. Just as well it was a nice drive to take my mind off it a bit but the most annoying thing about it is I can't sing along to my songs in the car. It actually hurts too much to take a deep breath. :angry:

My annoying thing for today is I have a bitch of a timetable next week for Work...

Monday

Arbroath

Springtime 9.30-10.30

Springtime 1.15-2.15

Tuesday

Glasgow

Smoothie roadshow 2.00-3.00

An overnight stay in Fort William after driving back to Bonnybridge to drop smoothie stuff and pick up animals

Wednesday

Fort William

school don't know what kind of shows they want yet

10.00-10.45

10.45-11.30

11.30-12.15

1.15-2.00

2.15-3.00

drive home

Thursday

Blairgowrie

9.30-10.15 rainforest roadshow

10.15 - 11.00 rainforest roadshow

11.15-12.00 rainforest roadshow

Perth

1.15-2.00 caring for living things

2.15-3.00 caring for living things

Friday

Wishaw

2.00-3.00 animal mix

Braco

4.00-5.00 animal mix

Monday and thursday I'll need to leave the house at about 7.00am. Dunno if I've ever seen a clock at that time before. :o