Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Time dilation.

It's really starting to bug me.

THIS IS MY PTTGOMN!

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

MY PTTGOMN IS MY BEST FRIEND! IT IS MY LIFE!

I MUST MASTER IT AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE!

MY PTTGOMN WITHOUT ME IS USELESS! WITHOUT MY PTTGOMN I AM USELESS!

I MUST FIRE MY PTTGOMN TRUE!

I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME!

I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME!

THIS IS MY PTTGOMN!

THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE!

MY PTTGOMN IS MY BEST FRIEND! IT IS MY LIFE!

I MUST MASTER IT AS I MUST MASTER MY LIFE!

MY PTTGOMN WITHOUT ME IS USELESS! WITHOUT MY PTTGOMN I AM USELESS!

I MUST FIRE MY PTTGOMN TRUE!

I MUST SHOOT STRAIGHTER THAN MY ENEMY WHO IS TRYING TO KILL ME!

I MUST SHOOT HIM BEFORE HE SHOOTS ME!

Your a tad obsessive aren't you?

It's not even as exciting as that. It goes as follows:

We have seven control desks, two for EEA passengers and five for non-EEA passengers.

When a flight or flights arrive and passengers begin to build up a queue I clock the most recognisable persons (big hat, bright shirt, etc) joining each of the queues and note the time they start queueing.

As soon as the respective passengers reach the Immigration Control Desk I note the time and record the following -

How long the passenger was queuing for

Were all passports being swiped

How many Officers were at the desks

How many desks were free

Were there and HMRC or new staff being mentored

Were there any exceptional circumstances causing delays ie: Diverts from other ports arriving at the same time as our scheduled flights, like last week's 5 flights (791 passengers) all arriving within 20 minutes of each other with only 4 IO's on duty.

There has to be a minimum of 10 measurements for each queue (EEA & non-EEA) taken each day for at least three days in a week, one of which must be a Saturday or Sunday. Then the readings are sent by email to headquarter's where standards are monitored by the Home Secretary's office. We have various customer quality standards to meet and ours, being a regional port, is no longer than 30 minutes in the EEA queue and 45 minutes in the non-EEA queue. And if there are any discrepancies or too few readings, my Regional Director will have my nadgers off!

HELLO, HELLO........are you still awake? :unsure::lol:

There is no falling asleep emoticon. :P

Guest The Phoenix
No it isn't petty. Try it with a Guide Dog or a white cane! <_<:(

If you are fully sighted what difference would it make to try it with a Guide Dog or a white cane, apart from the obvious novelty value? :unsure:

If you are fully sighted what difference would it make to try it with a Guide Dog or a white cane, apart from the obvious novelty value? :unsure:

I meant if you are blind or partially-sighted.....ach away and play with your grandson! :rolleyes:

Guest The Phoenix
I meant if you are blind or partially-sighted.....ach away and play with your grandson! :rolleyes:

If only. :(

He's been accelerated through primary / secondary education and has started University. He also has a part time contract with Stirling Albion (not even my grandson can be successful in everything).

He would have split the atom but some bright spark got there before him.

Edited by The Phoenix

Not petty, but just found out my wee cousin (17) and his mate got attacked in Rutherglen Main St at 5.00 on saturday evening. A group of 10 surrounded them and headered my cousin twice and slashed his mate 3 times.

The annoying thing is, i've heard about 5 different stories in the last year of this happening to people at Rutherglen Main St (my aunt stays in Rutherglen), and yet f**k all changes. One of them was one Saturday night there was a running battle on the Main St between 2 of the gangs, and there was 2 police cars sitting round the corner at the Millcroft pub doing f**k all.

It's getting fucking ridiculous.

I live near the Main Street and it's beyond a joke now. I know a few boys who are in 'The Scheme' and are total idiots, one of which doesn't leave his house anymore without a blade of some sort. The fighting around here's increased lately, and my pal who lives in Toryglen was saying there was more fighting there last night as well. Where I live (just in Cambuslang) the neds at Fernhill and Cathkin fight constantly. And it's not just punching, it's stabs/slashed/macheted etc. I know of a boy who got his left hand chopped to bits and has lost complete use of it.

/rant.

EDIT: And it's fucking shite when boys get caught up in it like your cousin who haven't done anything. I'd say that's the worst thing about it.

Edited by GypsyTillIDie

EDIT: And it's fucking shite when boys get caught up in it like your cousin who haven't done anything. I'd say that's the worst thing about it.

I know mate, the wee cnuts in the gangs can murder each other for all i care, it's when innocent people get drawn into it that pisses me off.