Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I saw one guy from school I intensely disliked. One of those who thought he was great, and oh so super cool.

He was driving a white Suzuki mini-4x4, the one with the rhino decals on the side and the wheezy 1.6 engine.

Karma's revenge! B)

People change over time! Nobody stays exactly the same as they were in school, and so its perfectly natural to say hi to people you vaguely remember. I've bumped into a couple of old schoolmates down the years and they've said hi to me, I've been perfectly civil back, and even if we never really spoke at school, it was nice to see a familiar face. Its not difficult to have a few minutes conversation, say your goodbyes, and head on your way!

I should add, I've never tried to stay in touch with any of these folk, I've never had any interest in that, but it was always nice to see them and have a few minutes chat. :)

I don't mind meeting people that I was friendly with back at school, but when they approach you when they didn't know you existed back then because they are just that little bit famous, then it does get on your nipple ends.

Adam Sinclair is his name and he's married to Kiefer Sutherland's stepdaughter. I can only hope he appears in 24, so Kiefer can put a bullet through his napper. Bawbag!

I don't mind meeting people that I was friendly with back at school, but when they approach you when they didn't know you existed back then because they are just that little bit famous, then it does get on your nipple ends.

I thought it would be worse the other way round, if he didn't give you the time of day, but approaches you because you are a bit famous. Maybe he just saw a familiar face and wanted to say hi! I've chatted to people I didn't give a damn about at school, and people who didn't associate with me (I was an absolute gobshite in school) back then have come up to me at random. As I said, I don't mind.

People change over time! Nobody stays exactly the same as they were in school, and so its perfectly natural to say hi to people you vaguely remember. I've bumped into a couple of old schoolmates down the years and they've said hi to me, I've been perfectly civil back, and even if we never really spoke at school, it was nice to see a familiar face. Its not difficult to have a few minutes conversation, say your goodbyes, and head on your way!

I should add, I've never tried to stay in touch with any of these folk, I've never had any interest in that, but it was always nice to see them and have a few minutes chat. :)

I thought it would be worse the other way round, if he didn't give you the time of day, but approaches you because you are a bit famous. Maybe he just saw a familiar face and wanted to say hi! I've chatted to people I didn't give a damn about at school, and people who didn't associate with me (I was an absolute gobshite in school) back then have come up to me at random. As I said, I don't mind.

Hence it's a 'petty' thing that got on my nerves.

Especially the whole 'look me up on Bebo'. Why? So you can ignore me online too?

Meeting folk you went to school with who feel the need to tell you all about how 'fabulous' their lives are, calling you 'mate', 'buddy' etc and parting with 'good to see you again, look me up on Bebo' or other such nonsense, even when they didn't give you the time of day at school.

I think what annoyed me more about the latest meeting with one of these folk was him using the line: "People at school didn't like me because I used to just clown about, getting into trouble yet still got straight A's"

No, 'mate', it was because you were a c**t.

:lol: Happened to me a few weeks back. Was sitting down in spoons in Kirkcaldy with a mate who was back from uni. Some deranged lassie who I vaguely knew at school came over and was quizzing me on "why you deleted me from your facebook friends". Quite simply really, I'm not your fucking friend. I've not spoken to you for the last 3 years and don't intend to.

:(

If you're going to the 5's, I'll give you a hug.

I wasn't planning on, you may just have changed my mind, though...

I have got a massive hangover. Another day's studying down the shitter.

On the plus side I just did a massive shit, looked at it and thought to myself "That's impressive, well done sir."

Genuine lol. :lol:

Happened to me a while back when a guy who was in my class at school came back to EK to see his family and spotted me in the town centre and made a point of approaching me to speak to me, when he didn't give me the time of day in school.

He's an actor now and has been in Mile High and I think he's been in Hollyoaks at one point. Now he's married to the stepdaughter of someone quite famous and I admit to being surprised when I saw the photo of her, because she's stunning.

We all thought he was gay :rolleyes:

The gay from mile high? :lol:

Meeting folk you went to school with who feel the need to tell you all about how 'fabulous' their lives are, calling you 'mate', 'buddy' etc and parting with 'good to see you again, look me up on Bebo' or other such nonsense, even when they didn't give you the time of day at school.

I think what annoyed me more about the latest meeting with one of these folk was him using the line: "People at school didn't like me because I used to just clown about, getting into trouble yet still got straight A's"

No, 'mate', it was because you were a cunt.

Why did you bother going in the first place,if you think most of them are c***s. :rolleyes:

The EA website have a competition on just now to go to either London or Manchester to be the first person to play the sims 3. They never think of having these things in Scotland...Ever. :angry:

I wasn't planning on, you may just have changed my mind, though...

Get going! It's a great day out.

On the topic of meeting people that you knew at school years after you've left.

I find it quite satisfying to see folk who thought they were better than you at the school, because you had quite a poor upbringing, doing shit.

To be honest, I don't mind bumping into people I was at school with. Most of them do seem to be genuinely interested in what I'm doing these days, without trying to act like their my best friend or anything. If I don't want to talk to them, I make my excuses and leave.

That said, I do get a good laugh when I see people who were complete wankers doing absolutely nothing of note.